hey peeps a newbie with a beard lool -_-

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by saj1985, Dec 3, 2020.

1. saj1985

saj1985 New Member

hey peeps im saj from birmingham england!

ermmmm where shall i start? lool

so i shave my hair off aka skinhead...

i do have a beard so i dont shave my facial hair off which i suppose is probably what most peeps on here do (i assume)

im not exactly new to double edge razors or cut throat razors etc

i actually have cut throat razors, kamisori's (japanese razor) and double edge safety razors and been using them for a long time...

i've got a Jagen David E02 safety razor which i got cheap on amazon few years ago,
    recently got the Saiver ProfiMed which is a russian razor safety razor,
    which as some of you already know is the razor that takes two double edge razor blades,
    i shaved my hair off with two feather blades, was the first time using the razor and two feathers at the same time, was really good really enjoyed it!

by the way it came shipped form russia the opposite side of the world very quickly in my opinion so fair play to the seller...

also got a wilkinson sword razor from boots which came with some wilkinson sword blades too

i just ordered the QShave from amazon the other day should be here on the weekend, from my research im led to believe its a merkur futur copy which has good reviews,
    so thats going to be the first time using an adjustable safety razor, looking forward to it...

i got the kamisori's because i love the look of them,
    the two ive got both take single edge razor blades and one is a feather copy cat version so to speak...

blades ive used are super max super stainless blue and brown pack. (think the brown ones are from india but not sure), feather, wilkinson sword, and a few more...

i was going to order some voskhod blades but i ended up ordering 200 gillette nacet blades as a lot of peeps seem to review them highly from what i read and watched online

im sure some of you already got one but i actually managed to get a double edge razor stropper from ebay for a good price i couldnt refuse,
    apparently it was made in 1918 which is probably the oldest thing i own lool

on a side note i also got the 'omnishaver' if you havent heard of it, its basically a tool a razor designed to shave the head,
    its not bad to be fair, its actually good for a quick shave of the head to be honest

anyways as of late ive really been having a passion for shaving my head and been doing it regularly,
    i suppose years ago when i used to shave my head with cartridge razors like the mach 3 it felt like a chore then something that made you feel good,
    i like the feel and satisfaction safety razors and cut throat razors give you, although overall i prefer the safety razor over the cut throat razor

anyways im here to learn new tip, tricks and gain some knowledge and wisdom for ya'll!

anyways sorry for the long post and i just thought i'd say hi

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs046: @saj1985 from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us at TSD.

:whacky024:

saj1985 likes this.
  3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Did anyone else read that in a Brummie accent?

CrustyCat, MR41 and saj1985 like this.
  4. saj1985

saj1985 New Member

thanks nice to see someone from across the pond! :)

Enrico likes this.
  5. saj1985

saj1985 New Member

you see you thought wrong mate becaus eim originally a northerner, a lancashire lad so thank GOD i aint got that nasty brummie accent lol :p

6. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Welcome!

saj1985 likes this.
  7. saj1985

saj1985 New Member

thanks mate :)

Zykris likes this.
  8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

saj1985 likes this.