December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great nudge....might be the tipping point. :eatdrink013:

jgreenepa, Hembree, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

FYI, The Razor Company has the Desert Vetiver in stock...
    I've placed 4 orders with them this year and they have all shipped out the next day.

https://www.therazorcompany.com/collections/shaving-soaps-creams/saponificio-varesino

jgreenepa, Hembree, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

4. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Just doing my part to help.

The resellers may be contractually set to sell at or above certain prices now.

5. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

We’ll see how long it takes from TRC...weak I am. Shove worked. Did get a 10% off first order for giving them an email address. :cool:

Saw the US SV site....digging around it though looks like it’s really just an authorized importer reseller (Brand To Markets?) that took the .us domain and created a SV branded shopping cart using Shopify.

jgreenepa, Hembree, brit and 6 others like this.
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks gents ! Congrats to @Hembree ( Gramps) :bounce017:

7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

17th December 2020.

12.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush : Unbranded Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Arko Shave Stick.
    Blade: Gillette Winner. (2)
    Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, + eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Comfort ASL/ Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,
    Early morning shave.
    Last shift of 2020 at the mill then i'm furloughed until the 11th January 2021 after a meeting yesterday morning with our new inept text book theory micro-management team. Not the best of circumstances but i don't scorn it because i still have a job and a income coming in to start 2021, which lots of unfortunate people no longer have. How long my job will last next year remains to be seen.'I'll cross that bridge when i come to it'...This covid 19 madness has taught us all to take nothing for granted anymore as the vast majority of people did, 'including myself' before it spread it's epidemic upon us...Enough said.

It's a very substantial much needed break to be honest, which i will use to recharge my body & mind and catch up on a few DIY projects i need to do for myself & family.
    I get great enjoyment shaving with all of my slant razors, but this year the Parker 55SL has become my favourite...Each blade i have paired it together with has been comfortable and acceptable to date. The Gillette winner yet again is no exception.
    The humble 'Turkish Delight' Arko shave stick never fails to provide a slick protective lather in a short space of time, love it or hate it....The performance from this humble inexpensive shave stick is amazingly good...I consider myself fortunate that it doesn't dry out my skin when i use it.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable/near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.
    The 75 has the edge over the 76 still.
    Woo-hoo!!!

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, Hembree, brit and 2 others like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Now that's funny.....

tp

jgreenepa, Hembree, brit and 3 others like this.
  10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017::bounce017:
    Congratulations to all, Danny.

11. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thursday December 17, 2020
    Razor: Bigelow and Parkin Travel Razor
    Blade: Wizamet (?)
    Brush: Brush of Shame
    Soap: WK La Fougère Parfaite
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: Brut
    Fragrance: Brut Cologne

Oh my am I bathed in Brut goodness for today. From the WK soap which is as near a perfect match scent wise as you will get, to the aftershave splash, to the nearly a gallon of Cologne (25,6 ounces and pic below for scale) that I will NEVER be able to finish off. Look out world, I'm coming at you and yes I'm "That Guy" today..................You're WELCOME :D The Bigelow and Parkin Travel razor is a funny looking contraption but really a breeze and delight to use. Biggest problem is using both hands to flip it over to use both sides of the blade at times. It gives a very good and smooth shave though. A little digging on the site shows that some in the past here have had this and actually did a little pass around with it. If there is sufficient interest, I just happen to have a spare that we could start a pass around with for those interested. I'll gaugeinterest and see if we should start a pass around thread in the appropriate section to track and see individual reviews on it. Tomorrow I'll use a razor that some feel was inspired by this little guy, mainly do to the similar hinges. Virtual doughnut for whoever guesses what razor. I know you guys will get it easily so only 1 doughnut to the first that is correct. Should be in the 40's for work today so that's very doable for this old window washer. Have a great day Guys !!

IMG_20201216_151636537.jpg IMG_20201216_151732518.jpg IMG_20201216_151751968.jpg

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  12. Dave in KY

CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!
    giphy.gif

13. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Now that's a serious bottle of Brut! Nice Dave!

The only hinged razor I have is the Monobilt, so that's my guess.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

jgreenepa, jtspartan, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

December 17th
    Razor: H&S Co NO75LE
    Blade: Gillette Winner (2)
    Brush: Grizzly Bay WildBlue ChubCub
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: B&M Vespers
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    B&M Unscented Balm
    AS: B&M Vespers

Good morning!

Awesome shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Nearly silent alum.
    I'm feeling good and smelling great!

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

15. Dave in KY

Thanks Jim and I knew it was too easy for this crowd. Here's your doughnut and please be careful about dropping the sprinkles on the floor in here :D Have a great day !
    donut.gif

jgreenepa, Hembree, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  16. Dave in KY

Great shave and Picture Jim !

17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Great image and report Barry! Arko is good stuff no doubt, wifey and my nose just didn’t take to it. Hopefully the brief furlough is only a short vacation/respite that sounds welcome.

18. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Cool razor Dave. The WK LFP and Brut.....mmmm. That is quite the shelf bending bottle of after shave!

Awesome image of the H&S Co Jim. Cool brush and colors!

jgreenepa, jtspartan, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Your videos keep getting better and better, Bill. :happy096:

20. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific Thursday shave, Barry! Sorry about the layoff, but you seem to have a positive attitude about it. Have a good day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.