December 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Nov 30, 2020.

?

What are your shaving plans for December?

1. I will break out my most decadent gear and really have at it.

6 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. I am going to mix it up, shaving with whatever suits my fancy.

18 vote(s)
    56.3%
  3. I am going to adhere to the 30 Day rule.

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  4. December is my month to focus on one particular piece of equipment.

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. I am going to look for the BEST Christmas cookie recipe.

9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Awesome shave! I’m way behind and not sure if someone pointed this out. I believe that the L setting is actually the most aggressive. It’s backwards from what you may think. The H setting is equivalent to a 1 on the adjustable scale. Don’t know why they did it that way, but alas.

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I have too much stuff in my den to even consider anything at this point. I recently bought Cella, Fine Accoutrements Platinum and Tabac to an already full den. I am good for the next 5 to 7 years. Lol!

3. Trigger

I call it a nice hibachi. I love grilled meat!

jgreenepa, JACarbone, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

jgreenepa, JACarbone, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  5. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Blair!

Thank you, Gary!

jgreenepa, Hembree, jluc and 4 others like this.
  6. Trigger

I think SUV drivers should get a special training and get a special license to drive it costing them more money to have that license. Most of these drivers think that they an intimidate others because they are driving a big vehicle. They are the biggest culprits in causing accidents.

On the flip side, cyclists are very aggresssive and do 80 to 100 mph on the highways scaring the bejesus out of the reg drivers. They zoom buy in between cars when traffic has crawled and that is not right. They are breaking the law when they do it, but it is not enforced.

7. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Late night drop from my shave Earlier in the day.
    Razor - Global Shave Club’s R41+
    Great Razor not as Aggressive as the R41 but oh so smooth shave.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

8. brit

brit in a box

cool shave and pics Cliff..:cool:

jgreenepa, Hembree, jluc and 2 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

My experience is the drivers that stay in the left lanes without passing people are one of the biggest problems on the rode. They cause all the weaving and crap to go on with people trying to get around them. GA even has a law that provides for ticketing left lane hogs for holding up traffic even if they themselves are speeding. Distracted drivers using the phones, texting etc are a huge problem. Cell phones are better now that GA tickets for touching the phone while in the car but I still see it each day. If you are on longer trips you would be shocked at what you see. I have personal observed drivers reading a book or a news paper.

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Looking good Cliff.

jgreenepa, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  11. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Cliff!

clint64, cliffb599, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  12. Trigger

They are all good points. Unfortunately, people know that doing these things while driving is dangerous, but they do it anyway. I stay to the right and do 55 to 60 on the Long Island Expressway (Interstate 495) and I still have people riding my tail for miles with the passing lane (middle lane) all clear. They think by doing this that it will prompt me to go faster, but it makes me go slower. Sometimes, I put the hazard lights on so as to force them to pass me. My father always said that your final destination will still be there whether I arrive 10 min sooner or 10 min later. The problem is that some drivers want to hasten my Final Destination by driving like a bunch of selfish idiots. One more thing, I hate it when someone puts on their high beams and keeps them on at night to also spur me to go faster. I just turn the rear view mirror down soI don't get blinded. There are some fools on the road.

13. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

December 18th

Razor: British Gen 1 Gillette Aristocrat
    Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
    Brush: Blue Monster
    SS & AS: Stirling Christmas Eve

It was a great shave on a hectic day. Had to run a few unplanned errands this morning.

[​IMG]

My daughter totalled her car late last night. All the airbags in the car deployed. The impact spin the car 180 degrees allowing the F150 to hit both bumpers. She and her passenger are covered in bruises from the seatbelts and airbags but no serious injuries. She pulled out in front of the truck which was going about 45 mph. I'm pretty sure the driver was able to slow down some or it would have been much worse.

[​IMG]

Remembering words my grandfather said to me after I wrecked his car as a teenager. Kids destroy stuff. Its a part of the deal. As long as they survive nothing else really matters.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Whoa! I'm glad your daughter is ok and bypassed any serious injuries.

clint64, jgreenepa, brit and 5 others like this.
  15. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

So sorry for this but glad no serious injury. I tell my wife as long as everyone is okay, that's what insurance is for. Hang in there dad.

clint64, jgreenepa, brit and 6 others like this.
  16. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

So glad to hear there were no serious injuries.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

clint64, jgreenepa, brit and 4 others like this.
  17. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Evan, so very glad that your daughter and passenger only have bruises to recover from. As a Dad of two teenage girls that are timid drivers in a sea of over zealous and over confident as well as constant distracted drivers...it’s a never ending worry. The safety technology did its job, that’s so awesome.

18. Trigger

Dec 18 SOTE

Good evening guys!

Straight Razor Shave #232
    10/8 Max Sprecher 1/2 Hollow Barber's Notch
    Catue's Bubbles Tuxedo Knot
    Stirling BoS 2019 SS and AS
    Dickenson's Witch Hazel (not pictured)
    Whiskers: 34 hours

I decide to shave this evening because I just came from the gym and wanted to be refreshed. Also, I stropped Mad Max presumably for tomorrow's shave, but I said to myself, what are you waiting for? You can't blame me! Lol!

I haven't used Stirling Blood on Steel in awhile so I decided to use it. It is a real nice cologne scent and although I don't use it often, it is one of my fave frags. Since I was not in a rush, I really made a nice, creamy lather. I have to say thanks to @Linuxguile Andrew for enabling me concerning Stirling.

Anyway, I did 2 passes and it resulted in a near BBS shave without any blood and without irritation. Mad Max truly delivered on this 25th shave. I bought Dickenson's Witch Hazel this evening so I decided to use it. It is unscented so I can always use it with any software. Splashed on the Stirling BoS aftershave to further enhance the scent and give me that fresh, clean feeling. Tomorrow is a no shave day, but Mad Max will be doing double-duty on Sunday. I want to look my best for services this Sunday night. Have a great evening guys! 20201218_193226.jpg

19. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Great shave Joe

clint64, jgreenepa, brit and 3 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Great shave Evan, but an even greater miracle that your daughter and her passenger was not seriously injured. My father always said that steel can be replace, but people can't.

clint64, jgreenepa, jtspartan and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.