Any recommendations?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by lightcs1776, Dec 28, 2020.

1. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I am looking for recommendations for a AS, or more importantly, a cologne, that pairs with citrus spice scent. I have a great shave soap that is very orange forward but a definite citrus spice. I love the soap. Any recommendations for a cologne or AS that would go well with it? [​IMG]

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

Paul Turner likes this.
  2. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

Check out Stirling's Aftershaves, the are VG / Excellent and they have several, that fall into the Citrus Spice category.

3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Perhaps Fine L'Orange Noir or Italian Citrus. Up the Ante and go for the Acqua di Parma Colonia.

4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

I looked up the Acqua di Parma Colonia. Did I mention that I am cheap - grin. It does sound like a great scent though.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

Primotenore likes this.
  5. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I’d say Woody’s for actual skin repair.
    But for Orangey fragrances Tommy Bahama, aqua de goo, cool water. There are a bunch of sweet bergamot. Hearts and daggers is new to me, but it smells really nice and is inexpensive.
    E3C1BAA0-0D85-405A-9E8E-2FB657E6A0B0.jpeg 71957808-B677-45F3-8D91-ED1869C49853.jpeg F4E57AAF-1FFB-41DC-A988-68191BF00C0F.jpeg
    DF464417-C252-4FA3-98F3-B6B4CF5148B6.jpeg

lol my iPhone changed gio to goo, I thought that to be hilarious.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I’ll second Joseph’s recommendation of Fine L’Orange Noir. It’s a near perfect dupe of Terre D’Hermes, great aroma, good longevity. I prefer it over the Fine Italian Citrus. It’s on the inexpensive side in comparison.

If you have a Marshall’s close by, I’ve seen tons of the Tommy Bahama that @david of central florida recommended. It’s discounted way off retail. I’ve gotten lucky and found Art of Shaving colognes at ~80% off.....

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

8. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

9. McGrande

McGrande Well-Known Member

HBG offer two AS splashes that might fit the bill.

Key Lime
    Florida

All natural ingredients. Soothing, not overpowring scent wise.

Enrico and lightcs1776 like this.
  10. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

Both 4711 and Farina have mainly citrus notes. How can you go wrong with the original colognes ?

11. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

Any time I have a citrusy soap without a matching aftershave, I reach for M&L Florida Water.

12. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Oz of the Outback.......has a tangerine note ,really nice.Aftershave and cologne set for less than 20 bucks including shipping, on the net at several sites.