Readily available alternatives to Body Shop's Macca Root

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by arvanlaar, Jan 10, 2021.

1. arvanlaar

arvanlaar New Member

Hey All,

I have been using The Body Shop`s macca root and aloe softening shaving cream for close to 5 years now and absolutely love it. The only issue with it though is there are no body shops around me since we moved our home and ordering it online needs to be done via their website with shipping charges attached.

I am wondering if any of you have found a readily available alternative (something that I might be able to get on Amazon.ca) for an equal or less expensive price. For me, the scent is not all that important although I don`t want something that smell terrible. For me, the main purpose of my shaving soap is to lubricate and assist with the smoothest shave possible.

Please let me know your thoughts on alternatives. Thanks in advance!

PanChango likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

If you have a Bath & Body Works in your area, they have CO Bigelow SC which is a rebranded Proraso. They often have sales where it is 3 for the price of 2.

Good stuff, eucalyptus and mint with a light bit of menthol.

Droo78 likes this.
  3. Scott Strangfeld

Scott Strangfeld Well-Known Member

Not sure where you are but I ordered some a while back to give it a try and got it on Amazon and didn't pay shipping with prime.

johnnyflake likes this.
  4. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I also bought one on Amazon, the day after Christmas. Paid about $15.50 with free shipping with Prime Membership.

5. arvanlaar

arvanlaar New Member

I am in Canada so I use Amazon.ca and unfortunately no dice... there are none to be had there.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I haven't ordered from body shop online in quite a while because I stocked up on maca root last time I did order. But get on their email list. At least last time I ordered they were having sales all the time which might include free shipping or at least make up for the shipping cost.

7. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Check any of the tj max or Marshalls type stores.. I bought BS macca root with brush set for 4.99 usd there.....

8. arvanlaar

arvanlaar New Member

Thanks Jaro it is true you can find some good pickups there however it is hit or miss as they seem to carry clearance or small quantities of different brands. Plus I need to drive as far for a Marshals as I do for BS.

BTW, I live in the country, an hour from any large town so that is why I am looking for on online option ie Amazon.

9. jaro

I will ask around for alternatives. I know someone else who really likes it and I will ask his opinion.. Good luck.

johnnyflake likes this.
  10. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

https://www.italianbarber.com/ and https://www.fendrihan.com/ are in Canada and I think both offer free shipping as long as you order a minimum amount. You'll find so many alternatives it'll make your head spin. Maca Root is a pretty decent cream but there are tons that are at least as good IMO. I'd recommend trying some soaps.

johnnyflake likes this.
  11. johnnyflake

johnnyflake Well-Known Member

I like in Henderson, NV., USA and have purchased from wwwFendrihan.com many times, great products & service. You being in Canada, should be a No Brainier for you! The following suggestions are all in my top, go to shave creams. Maca Root is also in my top creams, but it's not at the top. Most of my Fav creams are from St James of London. All of my suggestions are available at wwwFendrihan.com

St James of London:
    Tonka & Tobacco Flower
    Sandalwood & Bergamont
    Ceadarwood & Clarysage
    Mandarin & Patchouli

Taylor of Old Bond Street:
    Eton College Collection

Cyril R. Salter:
    Indian Sandalwood
    French Vetiver

Any of these are as good as Maca Root, if not better!

Paul Turner likes this.
  12. jaro

I asked someone I know who also likes it and he said "there are Body Shops in Canada, and their website says free shipping over $50, so I'd say just buy 3 tubs, get it shipped free, and he'd be stocked up for a while. Problem solved!"

richgem likes this.
  13. arvanlaar

arvanlaar New Member

Thanks for the suggestions gents. I will take a look at those sites :)