Has Cella Red tub been reformulated??

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by SpeedyPC, Jan 14, 2021.

1. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

G'day Den and to ALL the Cella Fans.

I'm asking has Cella Red tub been reformulated?? So why am I asking, well I remember using the old tub, I had a very bad allergic reaction from Cella and my face was completely pink-red and puffy. Which took me two weeks to recover from a very bad allergic reaction from the old tub of Cella, so, I took another risk again to try the new tub of Cella and then I was completely gobsmacked with NO! allergic reaction at all from the new tub of Cella.

I thought Cella may have reformulated the old red version, because, some wet shaves who has experienced a very bad allergic reaction from Cella shaving soap.

Old tub below
    [​IMG]

New tub below
    [​IMG]

Droo78, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I can't answer your question. I had piffed my old tub of Cella and recently replaced it with the new. I noticed the different packaging. I am glad the new Cella works well for you now. I am shaving with Cella this week with good results.
    [​IMG]

3. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Not sure on the reformulation...

I purchased a tub of Cella in early March 2019 from Amazon. The Amazon image shows the older tub package graphics like you have shown first, but I received the tub packaging with the gentleman graphics.

You'd likely have to get an ingredient list comparison.

I've only had one allergic or skin reaction to a shaving product, and that was Sandalwood after shave from Wet Shaving Products (other shave soaps and after shaves from them are fine). I do tend to get longer than normal reactions from menthol though, sometimes a heavier application will have a big cooling effect, but then 3-4 hours later feel like a 2 day old sunburn. Peppermint or Cinnamon also has a similar effect for me, but not a long lasting burn feel.

Droo78 and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Got a reply answer from another forum see link below:-
    https://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/co...a-red-tub-been-reformulated.53561/post-812473