January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Boy, today was a LONG, productive day. Got most of my work done except one more assignment that is exceptionally long, This one might be an all nighter for me, thankfully I haven't had to have an all nighter in a long time. My brain is on the verge of fried so before I continue any further I'm gonna get a quick shower and a shave in. gonna stick with a single pass using a mild razor tonight, I'd figure I'll break out the Blue Tip. After that I'm throwing on some music and back to work along with a cup or two of coffee. Hope everyone had a great day, catch ya'll in the morning.

IMG_20210114_213327.jpg

jtspartan, Hembree, clint64 and 12 others like this.
  2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I hear ya Gary...it makes the blood pressure rise . I would try taking it apart and see what's going on inside . From what I remember there is nothing complicated in there . Just be careful all the keys dont fall out when you seperate the 2 halves .

3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Great shave Myles! Don't stay up too late.

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cool set up Myles..:cool:

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Wonderful shave Andrew

6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Take a nice relaxing shave and let your brain unwind as the eucalyptus and menthol permeates your senses and opens up the airways . You will stay more alert and focused . That reminds me I'm due for a Proraso shave soon too. Enjoy your evening Myles and good luck with the assignment!:)

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

No apologies necessary, Danny. I haven't been posting my shaves here so you haven't missed anything.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. brit

brit in a box

will do..:eatdrink047:

9. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

I have been to the Old MSG, the pre 1968, for the RBBB Circus but not a hockey game.

10. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I love seeing old iron brought back to life again to be used for another 50 years or more. :happy088:

11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

12. myles wilson

Thanks Gentleman!

13. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I’m going to second Andrew’s comments Danny! Awesome acquisition and rehab job!

Super looking Proraso setup Myles! Gotta get some sleep though!

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  14. myles wilson

Thanks Blair, have a great night.

Hembree, clint64, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

One pass shave works Myles. Regarding your all nighter: perhaps trying to break it up, work until 10:30. Get some shut eye and get up a 4 AM to begin again. I have had found that attempting al nighters leaves my brain in a fog the next day and the work I completed is not as good due to fatigue.

16. myles wilson

Fair enough, thanks for the tip.

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

have a rest Myles.the enemy will wait until you've had a nap before shooting at you again..:D

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  18. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

This is what moved me to a Mac. I am generally very happy with Linux, but Mac just seems to edge it out by a smidgen.

Chris - enjoying learning, whatever the subject

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  19. brit

brit in a box

thank you Chris.will look into it..:)

JACarbone, Hembree, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  20. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

I’m going to second this thought process. Apple’s UI is very good for most, hiding the operating system which is an overlay of Unix.

I have several used daily, 1 a Mac mini that’s 8 years old and chugging along fine, 1 a MacBook Pro laptop bought used that’s 6 years old, and another Mac Mini that’s just about to turn 3. The last two are capable of running the latest software, but the cool thing is that you don’t have to if you don’t want to like Winblows 10 now auto forces updates. I also have a 2 year old Dell laptop that’s infuriating with updates and issues at the most unfortunate of times slowing down real work.

Apple’s products cost more, yes, but the quality and back revving of new software to older hardware is much better. I usually buy used directly from Apple’s web site to help with the $ a little. The other part that adds to Apple’s product’s cost is that they aren’t subsidized by software you might not want, or that which usually has the side effect of gathering/reselling your info so blatantly. This is true of both MacOS (computers/laptops), and iOS (tablets & phones). No...they aren’t perfect, but they are better. Gaming is a different story/outlook, but I’m not one of those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.