The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas my Stirling brothers.
    I’m visiting family, so I’m keeping my gear list short..........Merkur 34C, Omega Mighty Midget, and CHRISTMAS EVE soap, splash, and balm. How could I possibly use any other scent?! It’s been fantastic, as I already knew it would be. I’ll retire it in a few days so it retains is magic for next Christmas.

Enjoy time with family, and drive safely. :)

2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Added to the collection this Christmas. My brother-in-law, a fellow Threat Level Midnight fan, bought me the Scarn soap, splash, and EdP.

3. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

Many months ago I had a vendor accidentally ship me a sample of Strawberry Bubbly, and I threw it on the shelf and never touched it... until this evening.

I was trying to think of a fitting Stirling soap to ring in the new year, and decided that a soap named after champagne would fit the bill nicely!

My wife and I both had a good laugh about it, and the scent really wasn’t all that bad (though we both agreed that it would smell much better on her!).

Anyhow, just thought I’d share a Stirling related laugh as we say goodbye to a year that could use a few extra laughs!

Happy New Years!

4. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

New Year's Day Shave.

Rockwell 6S Matte Black with Stirling Spice and Old Spice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
    Soap: Stirling Spice
    Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R6, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
    Blade: Rockwell (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (18)
    Brush: Stirling Badger
    AS: Old Spice (US)
    ASB: Stirling Spice
    EdC: Old Spice (US)

Happy New year Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Happy New Year everyone.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

It is such a wonderful scent that I use it throughout the year.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I think I remarked to someone in the Exchange that it sounds like Coniferous on steroids.

Trigger, ezlovan, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Coniferous is already on steroids.........freshly clobbered trees and dirt.........like crashing a dirt bike on tree farm. Christmas Eve is a MUCH more complex scent, and while there’s a definite evergreen component, it’s quite literally what the home of a well celebrated Christmas smells like. It’s so spot-on that I can’t/won’t use it until I’m ready to start the Christmas season.

Trigger, ezlovan, Frijolero and 4 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

The Stoylin section of my SUPER order came today-a day early. Sheep shave soap and Mtn. Man Bodywash. Doc Ezlovan flipped in an Arkadia hand soap. :)

ezlovan, jayjacque, Frijolero and 2 others like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Lots of various Stoylin paraphernalia for my shaves next week(actually beginning tomorrow).

ezlovan and Frijolero like this.
  11. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Spicy Sunday, BABY!

Blackland Blackbird Brass and Stirling Spice with Old Spice!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
    Soap: Stirling Spice
    Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (08)
    Brush: Stirling Badger
    AS: Old Spice (US)
    ASB: Stirling Spice
    EdC: Old Spice (US)

Just a great Spicy Sunday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Paul Turner, ezlovan, jluc and 2 others like this.
  12. mrbaho

mrbaho Member

Order Coffee & Save 10% on Everything!

Now through Sunday, 01/10/2021 at Midnight CST

We have a 3-Pack of 4oz Samples, 12oz, and 32oz bags of coffee available on the website. On top of their regular discounted price, we're offering another 10% off your entire purchase when you have a bag (or sample pack) of coffee in your order. This sale is only valid through this Sunday, 01/10/2021 at midnight CST so don't miss out! Go to www.stirlingsoap.com/collections/coffee now to pick up a bag!

13. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Menthol Monday:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/new Astra Green
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
    B&M Arctique AS Splash
    Polo Green EdT

Brrrrrrrrrrrr cold and beautiful - this setup is right up my alley - even the mentholated pre shave soap from Stirling has a good cooling sensation and it’s so moisturizing as well as slick, it does a perfect job of prepping my skin. The Glacial Lemon Chill soap’s scent is delightful, the lather is wonderful, the menthol sensation is so overwhelming, and the skincare is perfect. The matching balm has the same lovely scent and it gives a powerful menthol punch also along with great soothing. The Arctique aftershave must be used very sparingly because it’s so bloody frigid that it can be uncomfortable if you overdo it - the scent is also very nice. I scrapped the 7 AM blade because it was so aggravating yesterday and the new Astra Green helped to give me a shave fit for a king!

Have a great week - be safe and healthy!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Looks like I'm on another Stirling acquisition binge. Just got a Dunshire set, Mountain Man soap(I've been using the a/s forever), and just ordered Ice' d coffee. I absolutely love the scent of Dunshire. Not too in your face like traditional Aqua di Gio, but nice clean and subtle!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

15. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Blue or a Deep Blue Sea? And why?

ezlovan, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  16. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Others might have more to say, but I have samples of both of those. Neither is very strongly scented to me. I also have the Stirling EDT of Deep Blue Sea and a Classic Match clone EDT of Polo Blue. For me the Deep Blue Sea gets a slight edge

17. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Thanks. Looks like Blue isn’t even available currently.

Triumph looks like a winner too. So many great scents. I wish the AS had better face feel, but the price is very reasonable.

18. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to Rod’s high end razor play?

ezlovan, Frijolero and BigD like this.
  19. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    I'm still shaving with mine. I have all the Chinese made versions from last years debacle here. I have everything from the USA made version here except for the base plates. They are currently at the laser engraver.

NTR, Frijolero, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  20. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

My favorite discovery of last year. One of my new favorites.

Patiently waiting...