Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir.

GAW9576 likes this.
  2. SlimGem

SlimGem Well-Known Member

01-17-2021

Pre-shave: Warm water
    Soap: Fine - Santal Absolut
    Brush: Semogue 1305
    Bowl: 3D Printed
    Razor: 3D Printed Injector
    Post-shave: Fine - Santal Absolut

IMG_3334 (3).jpg

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
    Dave in KY, MPF9, Ron R and 12 others like this.
  3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very cool razor Sir! :cool: I absolutely love my Schick injectors so I find that 3D printed version amazing. :)

Ron R, GAW9576, SlimGem and 1 other person like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

cool razor..:cool:

Ron R, GAW9576 and SlimGem like this.
  5. SlimGem

Thank you! I really enjoy my Type Es. It's amazing how such a simple design can perform so well.

Ron R, GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  6. SlimGem

Thank you!

Ron R, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  7. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Declaration Grooming | Hindsight
    Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Hallows | AP Shave Co. SilkSmoke 28mm
    Gem Damaskeene (1914-1915) | Gem Jr. Elite "Ivory" Handle (ca. 1906)
    Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

Dave in KY, MPF9, Ron R and 10 others like this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

stunning pic Matt.there's that cool razor and brush..:cool:

GAW9576, SlimGem and 120inna55 like this.
  9. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Gary!

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  10. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Cool razor. Does the blade inject or is there a secret way of putting the blade in? I must find out. Maybe the answer is on the 3d printed razor thread. Must go now.

SlimGem, brit, Aztecmike and 2 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Kiss My Face Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh 30RS
    Cobra Classic
    Feather AC Blade
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Kiss My Face Shaving Cream was applied with the Jayaruh 30RS silver tip brush. One pass and touch ups with the Cobra Classic with a Feather AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Dave in KY, MPF9, SlimGem and 11 others like this.
  12. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

OC Damaskeen today. I took extra care in paying attention to grain direction on my trouble spots this morning. It made a bit of a difference with a very close shave with almost zero irritation.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Dave in KY, MPF9, 120inna55 and 11 others like this.
  13. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

Amazing 3D printed Schick!! Got to find out more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GAW9576, SlimGem, brit and 1 other person like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

That is a pretty slick design there. Couple of questions how'd you attach that spring and I take it you made moveable to drop the guard to load blades.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2021
    GAW9576, SlimGem and Aztecmike like this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gem G-Bar Razor
    Gem Stainless Blade
    Surrey Boar/Navy Brass Handle Brush
    Victory Shaving Lemon-Lavender-Menthol Soap
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Murray & Lanman Florida Water

Untitled.jpg

Dave in KY, MPF9, BigD and 10 others like this.
  16. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

WOW now that is something. Thanks for sharing. How does it shave???

GAW9576, SlimGem and Aztecmike like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, Jan18th 2021, Well did not feel like missing a MMMonday(A.S.E monday) So to have a little fun decided a Daily double, I picked my easy going 1st Generation Featherweight VS my new 2nd generation Razorock Lupo .72. I let the Gem Featherweight have the tough whisker side and the RR Lupo.72 the other side with 24 hrs growth. Both razors are easy to handle on the face and have become some of my many favorites.
    Both are different in weight by quite a bit and my skill level is good enough to handle both issues with the RR Lupo is 3 times the weight of my Gem Feather weight(1OZ). First pass very similar in beard reduction, 2nd pass of on either side very similar again and then the pickups I was pleasantly surprized a tie on closeness. So did the feel test and I had a hard time with what side won- so out came the cottonball test and it also indicated a dead tie with no snagging of cotton. The Gem Feather had the odds against it (tough beard under chin side) but also I have used that razor many more times compared to the RR Lupo .72.
    So to conclude I had a different MMMonday with a little enjoyment for this shaving enthusiast.

Razor: Gem Feather weight 1st generation- MFG 1950-52, 2nd gen 1953-54, excellent razor, fun to use with great results.
    Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo .72 - Mfg 2021, excellent built razor and a joy to use with just 3 shaves in.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharpe, great longevity and smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (3) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity.
    Soap: Razorock XXX. very nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red zebra handle 26 mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like soft tips with a bit of back bone + excellent lather painter IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush washed my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups on each side of face with 2 different razors.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem Feather weight + Gem coated blade.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =[​IMG]excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Dave in KY, MPF9, BigD and 10 others like this.
  18. SlimGem

Thank you @Leo K.

GAW9576 likes this.
  19. SlimGem

Thank you, @Ron R . It shaves like a typical Type E, but with a much lighter feel of course.

GAW9576 and Aztecmike like this.
  20. SlimGem

Thank you! The blade is loaded manually. The baseplate and spring come off as one piece for loading. When loaded, the spring clips on the button at the base of the head applying upward pressure and inter-locking the baseplate with the blade tabs on the cap.

GAW9576, Ron R, Electrif and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.