January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Very nice Paul! Do you think the Knicks and Cuts could be happening when you shave off the top of a 'starting to develop' ingrown hair? I used to get lots of that issue I believe when I was a cart user, particularly on my neck and upper lip. The neck issue is now nonexistent, but time to time I still think I'm getting ingrown hairs 'started' on the upper lip, but with shaving every 24-36 hours now since Feb '19....it's only occasionally, and they disappear usually without issue on the next shave. I call them 'skin blemishes' in my reports when I mow over one.

2. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Joe!

Hembree, Trigger, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Gorgeous photo and shave Blair.

4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Awesome shave Paul

Hembree, Trigger, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff. I like the Schick Proline as well

Hembree, Trigger, jtspartan and 4 others like this.
  6. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Thanks Clint!

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks Joseph. Tabac goes with everything as @jtspartan will soon discover. :D

I'm following my Life Coach, Calvin, for tips on how to proceed with my NB.

1.gif

I hope you are doing well, my friend. I truly enjoy your daily fragrance adventures and descriptions, and I get a kick out of reading the scent reviews you share from Basenotes.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 9 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Blair

9. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20210126 Flairy Tail
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Simpson Trafalgar
    Size T3, Sovereign Synth, 32x53x113mm
    ---
    Alvarez Gómez Agua de Colonia Concentrada
    Crema de Afeitar Barbería & Emulsión Hidratante & EDC Splash
    ---
    Gillette Rocket 1958 Flare Tip *
    ---
    Personna Platinum Israeli Red #1 *
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
    [​IMG]
    Full size:
    https://imgur.com/cH2tdto
    Soundtrack:
    Woody Heman - Kenn and Peachy

* Grazie a Klopp@ilRasoio​

brit, Droo78, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Well, I had to check Basenotes for a quick read on one of my favorites, Aramis.

1.jpg

"I see a man in his early 30s, in a smart leather jacket and open necked shirt, in a night club, handlebar moustache , sideburns, gold chain, hairy chest, a pack of Benson and Hedges. His Ford Capri is parked outside and he'll drive home later quite drunk, along with most of the other guys in the joint. It's 1975. He's still oozing confidence and chatting up the ladies. In a few years the music and fashions of the next decade will be weird and alien to him, as will the new materialism to come. He'll lose his hair and gain a belly. He won't get to buy a Golf Gti cabriolet because by then he needs a practical family car. But his children will remember "that aftershave" well into the next century."

...and, just for fun, here's a review on Clubman...

"Most American men know the sandalwood-like smell from the Pinaud talc they still use in old fashioned barber shops. It's not a great cologne like you'd get on Jermyn or Curzon street, but it's manly, agreeable, and suggests old-fashioned propriety and democratic refinement.

"It comes on a bit strong, even if you're restrained in application: makes a definite statement, and, to be honest, it may suggest the Haitian cabdriver more than the Parisian boulevardier. It's like good costume jewelry: trash with flash, and it can be great if you know how to wear it and when. Probably not to a job interview . . . definitely yes with the raw silk summer suit and planter's hat.

"I don't know that a youngster could carry this off, but if you're old enough to wear a beret without looking like you're in costume, this could work

"I can't for the life of me figure why they haven't hiked the price and marketed this to hipsters with horn rimmed glasses and "interesting" facial hair for the irony value."

I see right now that I could have a little Hillbilly fun with the gang over there. Don't worry @Primotenore. I'm staying put here. :)

brit, Droo78, Hembree and 9 others like this.
  11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great report Primo! I have about 4 or 5 bottles of the Proraso balm here but I think they are the modern. I'll post one in my shave report later.
    Thanks Charlie. Now I can't unsee all that lumber . :) 1/2 million dollars inventory with todays prices . Yikes.

Could be just that your phone is positioned lower and farther away. Some guys stick a holder on mirror or open medicine cabinet doors and set phone on shelf. Still loved the video just the same Joe :)
    Great to see you making progress Paul!

Nice setup Blair !

Beautiful pic Pierpaolo. :)

Hembree, Trigger, wristwatchb and 7 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shave Clint! Hope you find the cause of your headaches. I get migraines and sinus headaches and feel your pain.

Awesome shave Jason! I hear you ordered a new razor :)

brit, Hembree, wristwatchb and 5 others like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fabulous shave Blair. The Hugo Boss sounds like a nice scent. Fabulous pick up at Marshall's.

14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Yes, it would, no question. More likely will be pics of it housed within a bland Canadian Douglas Fir bowl for 30 shaves and then 'housed' in a larger green metal round receptacle...
    Still haven't given any thought to what @wristwatchb will shave with in return...it is a long way off.

15. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    That's some serious "Frag talk". :eatdrink047:

Hembree, wristwatchb, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Oh, my word...
    That, my friends, is a textbook example of Understatement...
    Nods head slowly in agreement...
    Yes it does. Usually one such as "I'm Single and want to stay that way" or perhaps "my lawyer is hopefully better than your lawyer"...
    Sign me up!
    Finally, it is speaking to me!
    Unless that job interview is in Kentucky, apparently...
    Charlie, do you own a beret?

Droo78, Hembree, Trigger and 8 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent Pierpaolo.

Hembree, ischiapp, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  18. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

20210126_141041.jpg
    Maiden voyage of the Fatip lo Storto slant . Very impressive. I asked myself why didn't I buy one sooner . Nice agressive OC at a great price. Next time however I will use a new blade and be less cautious. The blade gaps are perfect and dont see any flaws with this razor.
    Used all Italian gear today except the blade . I'll sum this up with one word.....bellissimo !
    20210126_140803.jpg

brit, Droo78, Hembree and 13 others like this.
  19. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Nice combination and lovely dusk image Pierpaolo!

Thank you Patrick!

Sincerely appreciated Joe!

:thanks:

Superb first voyage with the Fatip LSS Patrick, great combination of some Italian gear!

Hembree, Trigger, ischiapp and 4 others like this.
  20. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

YAY !!!!!!!!

Hembree, Trigger, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.