January 2021 30 Day Rule/30 Day Focus Pic and Discussion Thread- All are Welcome

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Dec 31, 2020.

?

What's your 2021 Shaving Resolution?

1. I am going to finally finish up some shave gear.

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. I am undertaking a No-Buy 2021.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. I am going to finally complete a 30 DAY RULE.

1 vote(s)
    3.3%
  4. I am going to complete a 30 DAY FOCUS.

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. You all can do what you want, I am going to focus on cookies.

10 vote(s)
    33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That's heartbreaking to hear, Jeff, but I'm glad the story has a happy ending. Keep doing the good work. :)

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  2. wristwatchb

Thanks guys. The Lady Cards are up by 14 points, so my Bride is happy.

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 6 others like this.
  3. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Way to shave Patrick! Now go get the Ferrari out. Trade in the Canadian flannel for a nice Hawaiian shirt. You can pull it off.
    Screenshot_20210126-162036_Google.jpg

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 8 others like this.
  4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

:)

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Love today's shave, Charlie. When, oh when are you going to crack that Aramis Tobacco Reserve?? This is the perfect weather for it.

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

tuesday shave
    z-4 canadian tech
    nacet
    wcs synthetic
    wilkison stick
    aqua velva

[​IMG]
    good afternoon gents,nice late shave today..canadian z-4 post war tech /nacet delivered a fine 3 pass bbs,no issues..awesome wilkie stick lather,aqua velva blue to finish..awesome.happy tuesday everyone..:cool:

b1hart, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 11 others like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Love the shave and the Fairlane, Gary. I drove a '69 'til it rusted out. Excellent 351 engine. Lot's of get up 'n go.

brit, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 8 others like this.
  8. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Danny. Hahaha. Hawaiian shirt maybe but never see me in white pants . Ferrari wont get me far today....its snowing here eh .

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  9. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  10. wristwatchb

Just an all around awesome shave, Patrick. I rate this shave as...

1.jpg

We stayed with this couple while we were in Italy and had a blast...

We also met our BC friends on the same trip, so I made sure he got Proraso cream and AS balm with his shave kit. Great products. I'm sure one of the Fatip razors will show up sometime in this here Hillbilly den.

brit, jgreenepa, Droo78 and 8 others like this.
  11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great setup Gary! Love the Wilkinson stick.

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  12. Trigger

Actually, it is a Samsung.

jgreenepa, Hembree, jluc and 2 others like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

January 26
    Evening Shave

Sorry guys I had to break my 30DC Rule again.

At the good graces of one Danny @Hembree some goodies showed up. And after the thrashing I took at the hands of the US Honing Brigade for daring to say I was happy with the results I got honing a razors on an elliptically crowned surface, I had to do a repeat just to confirm my results.

The Tabac sample from Danny was used as a pre-shave and face lathered with the most wonderful tool for this practice, the Omega Boar 10098.

I gotta say, I can see exactly why people love this stuff. Wonderful lather and feel. While it ain’t close to making the official Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks, I find it nowhere as bad as the hoity toitys from the City of Brotherly Love.

The razor used, was the incredibly bent and wonky Chinese ZY 430 originally honed to what ZY’s ‘very own honemeister (Master Shifo) considers ‘shave ready’.........not!

I was able to correct it with the use on convexed hones I bought. After getting a lapping plate to be able to lap an elliptical convex surface myself, I worked it on a convexed Naniwa 12k and finished them to a polished edge with cBN pasted balsa strops.

The tool delivered a remarkable evening shave on my normal 3.5 pass pattern.

I spashed on some peppermint eucalyptus witch hazel from Stirling.

Then from the very top of The Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks........Brut from the big ole bottle so generously given by Danny.

C0DD4C3F-244D-4CA4-8127-B2F070C8C13F.jpeg

I am so pleased with my shave and the gifts, I’d like to make an offer here to the 30DC.

If you have a razor that you struggle with getting an edge on that pleases you I would be willing to hone it for you on convexed hones free of any charge for myself.

This must be a razor that you would be willing to sell to me at a previously agreed upon price should you feel upon it’s return to you that I somehow degraded or damaged your piece.

You must allow me to shave with it prior to and after doing any work. I will sanitize before and after with Barbicide.

And you must agree to write and post a report here in the 30DC from a shave before you send it and after you get it back.

And, if you are happy with the edge and wish to see if you can duplicate it at home, I will offer to lap the surface of your Naniwa 12k to convex free. You can then kill the edge on glass and bring it back for yourself. There is material removed in convexing, so I will also offer to buy your stone if you are in anyway unhappy. Lapping will need to be refreshed at some point either back to flat or with one of the plates designed for this purpose.

Happy shaves guys. I’ll get in another shave or so on my Rule before the month is up.

Once again Danny, thank you for the stuff.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    brit, Primotenore, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Charlie!. Seems like yous had fun....lots of uncorked wine bottles in the pic ;). The Fatip is an impressive razor. Well made for the low price also.

15. Trigger

Great shave, backdrop and lineup Gary!

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  16. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I've been buying Samsung last 4 phones. The iPhone was horrendous for speaker and mic problems . Also the battery had a mysteriously short life .

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  17. Edison Carter

No shame in that bro!

brit, JACarbone, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  18. wristwatchb

:signs011: @9nein9 had a Magnum P.I. Rolex cool shave. :cool:

1.jpg 2.jpg

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  19. Edison Carter

Fairlane 500?

brit, jgreenepa, Hembree and 5 others like this.
  20. wristwatchb

Thanks Joseph. I'll break it out tomorrow. :)

brit, Primotenore, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.