Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Phoenix & Beau | Luna
    Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE
    Roja Parfums | Elysium

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Ron R, william beer and 11 others like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Shaving Cream Sensitive
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Gem 3d Printed Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

The Proraso Shaving Cream Sensitive was applied with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. One pass and touch ups with the Gem 3d Printed Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, Ron R, Bird Lives and 11 others like this.
  3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 29th January

RR Syn.22mm
    Monsavon au lait
    Occams Oren-3dot
    Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
    Masssimo Dutti A/S Lotion

As I was not rushed today to vacate the Bathroom, I was able to take my time over the Shave and am very pleased at the finished result.

IMG_1308.jpg

SlimGem, Ron R, Dave in KY and 10 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Friday 29th January
    GEM 3D Adjustable A plate
    GEM SSC #8

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Ron R, Dave in KY and 10 others like this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

awesome set up and pic Matt..love the soap label..
    220px-Queen_Jazz.png

Ron R, Aztecmike, GAW9576 and 3 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Type G? Canadian made injector, vintage Schick Platinum plus blade, shave 2
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here is what I am tentatively calling a Type G because of the spring. The Canadian made Type E and this one are anomalies since they don't perform like their American made counterparts. 2 shaves and at least to me there is no question this razor is much better than your standard American made Type G counterpart. I still can't say if this is the same as a Canadian Type E3 yet but it has confirmed that the blade I currently have loaded in the Canadian E3 is a dud and it isn't because they are designed in a subpar fashion. End result BBS finish achieved.

SlimGem, Ron R, Bird Lives and 8 others like this.
  7. 120inna55

Thank you, Gary. Previously, when I asked Sarah Burrows, the artist side of the Phoenix and Beau team, if the label was inspired by the album, her response was, "It wasn't but it eerily looks like it does!"

Bird Lives and GAW9576 like this.
  8. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

GEM 1912 razor
    GEM stainless steel blade
    Jayaruh 227 synthetic brush
    CBL/Soapy Science mashup soap
    Pinaud Clubman Aftershave [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SlimGem, GAW9576, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  9. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Schick Canadian Type E3 injector, vintage schick platinum plus blade, shave 3
    [​IMG]

Blade is a 1990 NOS from a 7 blade key in an unopened box. I switched in a good blade after the last shave since it turned out that blade was a dud. Much better shave and with this shave was able to figure out finally that a Canadian Type E3 is a different shaver than a Canadian marked G1. What was suprising is the Canadian Type G is a closer and smoother shaver than this razor. End result BBS finish achieved.

SlimGem, GAW9576, Aztecmike and 9 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 31st January
    GEM 3D Adjustable 'B' plate
    GEM SSC #8

[​IMG]

SlimGem, MPF9, GAW9576 and 10 others like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso Shaving Cream Sensitive
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Ever-Ready Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS

The Proraso Shaving Cream Sensitive was applied with the SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, Aztecmike and 10 others like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

SE and Injector Party'ers... I know I haven't been around, but I think of you and this Party all the time!

I've been tooo busy with relocating.. Internationally... And, You know, new house, car, new barber, new phone, Dr., lights for the pool, etc etc

One biggy... I checked out 3 different cities and found a brick & mortar,hhere on the Med in Turkey that carries the German Old Spice!! I swear I think that's the closest to the original sauce I remember as a kid on my Pop. At least the olfactory response gives me chills, it's a time machine, I love it. Also found Clubman locally, that's a first.

BTW, Jayaruh, that Civil War Shaving Brush forgery with the Badger knot you made me is the best brush on the Planet for me. I hope it lasts for the rest of my life because I don't even want to shave onetime without it!!

My favorite razors since moving have been the ER Lather Catcher from Fuzzy, its sings louder and better than Pavarotti; the Auto-Strop A1 from twhite for knocking down several days thick growth; and my regular day in and day out reach for is my Schick chrome I2 Hydrozilla @Karl G laid on me 'NOS' still in case with razor blank. He was saving it for a collectible but knew it was my Pop's favorite so he gave it to be. I immediately popped a blade in it and it gets 90% of my shaves since. It's that good!

I'll try to hang more often... My new phone is very simple... I mainly wanted something small for actually Making phone calls, ha ha, so this one can't resize photos or it doesn't support almost anything I used to use a phone for. So I got what I wanted... Becareful what you wish for lmao!

Great shaves for everyone!!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
    Ron R, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 8 others like this.
  13. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

14. 120inna55

The Club | El Gaucho
    Island Bladeworks "Stoya" | Elite Razor Manchurian
    The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

[​IMG]

Jayaruh, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 10 others like this.
  15. Bird Lives

As always, a beautiful shot... Course, it's hard to find a Bad angle on a beautiful razor and kit like this... };>)

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  16. 120inna55

Thank you, and you're right. This gear is just so photogenic.

GAW9576 and Bird Lives like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Sir Jay, this is a "CenterfoldFold-Out" Kit!! Whew!! Someone open a window, it's getting HOT in here!!

GAW9576 likes this.
  18. Bird Lives

Your photographic skills AND your taste in Shaving Gear are equally impeccable!!

GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 31st January

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Occams Oren =3dot
    Feather Proguard [ 6 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

A nice relaxed Sunday morning, always have a good one with The Spitfire, must check that it is still available as getting through it well.

IMG_1310.jpg

Jayaruh, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  20. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday Schick shave, Jan 31st 2021

Razor: Schick adjustable injector Model 3(M3)- excellent Schick injector razor, still mid range in the 2-3 adjustment range.
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector(6) excellent blade, sharp & smooth and inexpensive, great longevity.
    Soap: Proraso red Sandal wood- great soap, different Sandal wood scent than other's, great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26mm- If a person likes big knots that have heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scub & excellent lather painter and has a awesome handle this one might be worth it IMO. One of my favorite 26mm synthetics.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar Cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Schick adj injector M3 + a Personna injector blade (6).
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Jayaruh, SlimGem, BigD and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.