Rotbart Mond Extra questions

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Angelo85, Feb 14, 2021.

1. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I just bought this Rotbart Mond Extra razor from Razor Emporium today using their 20% off coupon. I was wondering when it was possibly made. It has the letters DRGM on it. Any info is greatly appreciated. 4E677137-5A13-4EAC-80B2-1B2012662A80.jpeg 564206E9-7A5D-4D9A-B0B5-7636B692D81C.jpeg

Aztecmike, ischiapp and Edison Carter like this.
  2. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

3. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Very nice Angelo :happy088:. I picked up my Rotbart Mond-Extra a couple months back & it's an awesome shaver. Mine has a bit of a different head & cap than yours.
    pixlr_20201226211530441.jpg

brit and Angelo85 like this.
  4. romsitsa

romsitsa Well-Known Member

Hello, it was made between 1932-1937.
    D.R.P. angem. is "patent applied for", this was actually Gillettes patent for the New blades. The earliest ad (I know of) for these razors is from July 1932.
    In 1937 the new factory in Berlin opened and seemingly from this point on the new scalloped base plate was used.

You could ask Razor Emporium wether they can twist the head back to its original position. The cutouts of the neck piece and base plate should align.

Adam

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
    brit, Aztecmike and Angelo85 like this.
  5. Angelo85

Thanks for the info.

6. Angelo85

Yours is very nice.

Aztecmike likes this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I had to fix a handle on a Gillette Single Ring in which the top end was cracked and loose. I used epoxy and to make sure it didn't block the opening for the top cap by using the handle of a hobby paint brush. I kept inserting it and taking it out to remove the excess epoxy so the hole wasn't blocked. I did this a couple of times and it worked perfectly.

Angelo85, Hembree, brit and 1 other person like this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thank you Angelo. :)

Hembree and Angelo85 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

very cool Mike.i have the earlier mond extra version that mirrors the gillette single ring..:)

Aztecmike and Hembree like this.
  10. ajc347

ajc347 Well-Known Member

That's a really nice looking razor. I had a three piece version with the same style head and it shaved very similarly to a Gillette short comb NEW. They're great razors. :)

Angelo85, Aztecmike and brit like this.
  11. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Gary.:) Eventually I would like to try some of the other Rotbart varients as I'm really impressed with one I have. Just what I need..another rabbit hole. ;)

Angelo85 and brit like this.