Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Very very cool looking razor. I will have to keep an eye out for one like that. Are they fairly rare?

I have the dark grey handled British version which as far as I know is supposed to be a little less mild. Quiet a nice razor. Yours looks to be in very good condition.

I have that version and the Bakelite handled version. Unfortunately neither of mine have the cool box. The metal looks almost like lead but I can't imagine it actually would be. Any Idea what it is?

clint64, Ron R and Dave in KY like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 16th February

Jayaruh Syn No67
    Faena Sandalwood
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 1 ]
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

This Hawk with the A Plate is really an excellent AC/SE, quite inexpensive and a very good performer. I have a heavy beard and find that with the Schick blade, the Shave is very smooth and without too much effort I got a nice close all round finish.

IMG_1326.jpg

SlimGem, Droo78, Jayaruh and 11 others like this.
  3. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

It weighs 1 ounce or 31 grams so I don't think it is lead but have no idea. I wanted the Bakelite handle to compare the feel. I know Fuzzy in his video said some told him his set should be a Metal handle but he says, "Nope, it came with this" I don't know if they came with both but the box would tell you as can be seen in the second photo "Metal, 2 piece type". Interestingly they use a different Gem in the pamphlet but no doubt it was used for all their razors and shaving instructions. Still waiting on my Bakelite model to be mailed to me to compare the shave and weigh it. Thanks !

IMG_20210216_061358103.jpg IMG_20210216_061345917.jpg

SlimGem, Droo78, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  4. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Tuesday 16th February
    GEM/Ever Ready Push Button
    Treet Super Single Edge #1

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Droo78, Jayaruh and 12 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tuesday, Feb 16th 2021

Razor: TNNSER 3D printed designed by @twhite - MFG 2019> great light mid range, nice handle to grip and manipulate on a persons face. Different way to load a Gem blade but it works well.
    [​IMG]
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity & smooths out nicely over use & predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi timber wolf whiskers 24mm - great lather creator, cloud like soft tips, good back bone + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my TNNSER 3D printed razor with a coated Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

6. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

it is rare but not that pricey :)

clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  7. RFBNEW

RFBNEW Well-Known Member

E7BEB01C-FB1F-449A-9544-5F3E79679D1F.jpeg

Martin de Candre Original
    Simpson Trafalgar T3
    Wilkinson Pall Mall

Pall Mall can be used with Gem PTFE but I prefer to use it with its original blade because it feels smoother and gentler. A smooth, refreshing BBS.

8. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 17th February

RR 400.SE-Plissoft Noir
    OSP Bay Rum
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 2 ]
    Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

Had a bit of a rummage before todays Shave, and picked out this OSP soap that I had not used for a while. What a good choice, the lather is so good that the Shave was truly a pleasure, and resulted in a bit of a "Face Stroker".

IMG_1327.jpg

SlimGem, Droo78, Jayaruh and 10 others like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20210217_231904_20210217234409198.jpg
    February 17th, 2021

Wilkinson BONDED Shaving System
    Ever-Ready 500N nylon-lucite
    Palmolive Classic shave stick
    Skin Bracer Original

SlimGem, BigD, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  10. Electrif

Thursday 18th February
    Ever Ready 1914
    Treet Super Single Edge #2

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Droo78, BigD and 10 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Thur, Feb 18th 2021

Razor: Oneblade core Version 2-MFG 2018> mild razor, great 3 pass daily driver, only razor I have that will allow pressure.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (5) excellent SE blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable.
    Soap: Razorock The dead sea- nice scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi Artic sky 24 mm knot, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nice gentle scrub & great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. WTG, XTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Excellent shave with my Oneblade core with a modified Gem blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SlimGem, BigD, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 18th February

Muhle Silvertip-A.21mm
    Tabac soap
    RR Hawk V3-A plate
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Tabac A/S Lotion.

This Razor/Blade combo really deals with my beard growth very smoothly and efficiently. When used in conjunction with a soap like Tabac the Shave is a pleasure and not a chore.

IMG_1330.jpg

13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Today I did a shave comparison between my Gem Clog-Pruf and my newly acquired Peerless Gem Clog-Pruf. A 5th use Gem SS PTFE was shared between the two razors. 2 passes for the test standard CP taking the left side of my neck and PCP taking the right. 1st pass from jawline down to collar bone, second pass sideways from middle of neck out. There was a clear visible difference in finish with the Peerless winning. The Peerless also felt better both during shave and post shave feel. No surprises here I finished the rest of the shave with the Peerless.

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

February 19, 2021
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem PTFE
    Zenith “Chubby” Boar
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Floid Blue

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Dave in KY, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
  15. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann | Promises
    Wolf Whiskers | Raptor | Black Wolf
    Radio 1912 | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

SlimGem, Dave in KY, Droo78 and 12 others like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

fabulous set up and pic Matt.:cool:.very cool..

clint64, GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  17. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Cool? It was down right frigid! Ha! Thanks, Gary!

clint64, GAW9576 and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

:D:eatdrink047:

clint64, GAW9576 and 120inna55 like this.
  19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 20th February

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    RR Hawk V3- A plate
    Schick Proline [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S Splash

The problem with having back to back Shaves with one Razor is that it hard to extoll the virtues of a Shave, when generally they are all good. The Soap etc is generally the main difference, but then they are used because they have proven themselves to be good. The main cause of a poor Shave is most likely down to operator error ie Me not concentrating.

IMG_1333.jpg

20. Electrif

Saturday 20th February
    Ornate Handle Triceratops 3D
    GEM Stainless Coated #9

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.