How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

90+ counts as hot, especially if your a/c is down. it's the temp of 53 that bothers me- I wish we had that kind of cool down here. And some rain. We need rain.

Isn't Louisiana supposed to be in a semi-tropical climate or something? It is soooo dry outside...

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    I know when I was in Indiana last year, it was HOT! :eek:

3. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

It dropped 25F in the course of 15 minutes. We had some surly thunderstorms and some hail, but the 96F it's been the last two days is now somewhere else.

Woot. I get to open the windows and enjoy it.

5. NoahG

NoahG Member

the whole reason I moved to Washington from California was to get away from the endless summer. The drawback... nowhere has AC up here:mad:

6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, that was a big problem last time I was up there. Just happened to get hit with some awful heatwave, that is not the norm.

hmmm.......maybe it's my fault. :think002

7. NoahG

NoahG Member

Couple years ago, the GF and I went home in July and it was 110 in Sacramento where we were staying. Couldn't wait to get back up north. Only thing was we DID bring it with us. We got home in time to experience the record breaking heat wave of longest days above 100 and highest temp. Ugh.

8. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

10. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Very Nice. Sounds like a good time.

Enjoy.

11. sol92258

Ahhhh, off on Friday's during the summer....think I might hit a couple of local antique stores, just because.

12. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

It's a great show. One of TWGW's and my first dates was to see Chicago (on the stage, not the movie). I had no idea at the time that I bought the tickets that it was going to be so racy, but it all worked out well. Look forward to a couple of hours of watching pretty women strut around in underwear and next to nothing. Good times! And if you can walk away without "Mr. Cellophane Man" stuck in your head, you're a stronger man than I.

13. sol92258

14. sol92258

15. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Spending the day doing a pointless usless survey. Have to make questions formate it call tons of people analyze. This is going to take awhile. It is ofcourse one of those things that sounds useful however it cannot actually be utilized. Way too many factors that can ruin some of the questions and outcomes.

So a couple weeks wasted in my books... but you have to do what the boss says so it is OK. Tried to explain to the director but she isn't hearing any of it.

on a more positive note I am one day closer to getting my packages in the mail. So that is always a bonus, some shave sticks, creams, soap and a nice slim. Just hope they get here soon. Don't want to use up my P160. I fell in love with another cream/soap. :D

16. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Smokin' a ham today. Should be tasty

17. sol92258

sounds like fun. I'm highly considering getting a Weber charcoal grill at Target today. I really need to disassemble my gas grill and see if I can figure out what the problem is with one side not getting hot, probably just some clogged burners or something, but I'm not looking forward to the process, although the results, if they accomplish they're goal, will be well worth it

18. Regan

Regan Well-Known Member

Had the same think happen awhile ago. We had spider webs plugging some of the holes. Just had to vacuum and wipe it off and it was good to go.

19. JoeMal

JoeMal Member

Yeah I've had problems with clogged burners before on my gas grill...a good cleaning will probably help. But yeah, not a fun process. It's dirty, greasy, and smelly.

You can smoke on a charcoal grill but a 'real' smoker with a firebox on the side is the way to go IMO

20. sol92258

that's what I'm hoping it is.
    but first, I need to finish this checkbook stuff, and go take care of a couple things, and try to make it to a couple of antique stores before we go swimming this afternoon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.