The Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Thanks Scott..I have Been Eyeballing Em for a While as Well.:happy088:

Billy..:chores016:

esvh, Karl G, TestDepth and 1 other person like this.
  2. Claude Stewart

Claude Stewart Well-Known Member

Oh my, that is very nice.

3. Billyfergie

[​IMG]

esvh, Karl G and TestDepth like this.
  4. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful old razor, Tom.

5. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Pumas don’t go unsold for long at a low price.nice score billy.

6. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Thank you Paul. I am sure she has seen some interesting things over the years. :)

esvh, Mr. Oldschool, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  7. Billyfergie

Thank You..Paul..You are Bang On..They Rarely Come Up..Well..The Earlier Ones..This is the Fifth One I Own with the Faux Wooden Coffin Box..For Me they are Indeed Special Shavers..:eatdrink047:

8. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have 2-3 Pumas, and zero complaints.

9. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

It must be the angle of the camera, but it almost looks like it is shorter when viewed from the reverse side (picture 1) than it is when viewed from the front (picture 2). Cool trick to make a solid piece of metal that is longer on one side than the other!

10. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

I'm pretty sure there are a bunch of us with no Pumas and plenty of complaints...;)

11. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing and was at first wondering if it was a shortie :shocked003:

Billyfergie and Mr. Oldschool like this.
  12. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    I Got the Razor Today..Scott..I Havent Taken another Photo of it Yet..But..Its Everything Ya See in the Sellers Pics & More..Its a Stunning Well Built Razor..Its a Real Heavy Meat Chopper for a Full Hollow Grind with a Curved Spine & Smiling Blade Edge..This Particular Model is the One to Go for..This is the Polished More Expensive Version..The Guy I Bought it from Contacted Me & Said it Did Not Come Shave Ready from the Maker Cutting a Long Story Short..:)

He Re Honed it & it Apears to have a Very Sharp Shaving Edge..Excellent Steel & a Super Serious Piece of Shaving Iron..I Am Gobsmacked by it..It will be My Next Shave..It was Finished on a 20k Suehiro Gokumyo Synthetic..I Am Not Easily Impressed with with Modern Razors But Hey..Life is Full of Surprises.This One Sure Surprised Me & I Havent had it on My Face Yet..:happy088:

Its a Darn Privilege to have it in the Hand..I Can Tell Ya..For an Empirical Fact..:taunt002:

:happy093:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    Keithmax, battle.munky, esvh and 6 others like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Your den has been really heating up with some serious competition. This one is just stunning in its simple elegance. Those scales are beautiful but they have to be to keep up with the blade. :love055:

14. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    Its NOT a Shortie..There is No Camera Trick..That Razor is an NOS Job from the Factory..Just Auld Blind Mens Suspicious Eyes that Need Eye Glasses.. My Auld Blind Friend @Karl G Knows what I Am Talkin About..Never Wore his Specs when I Met Him in NO MEAN CITY Glasgow..We Met in the Posh End..I Lived & Breathed the NO MEAN STREETS...Then Some..With the REAL Glasgow Gangsters..Pulp Fiction is a Walk in the Park..Wee are the Real Razor Gang Men..Dont Need a 45 Cal ACP Neither..Those are for Pussies..:happy097:

Nae Hook Eye..Aboot it..:kar:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  15. Billyfergie

Aye Ya are Bang on the Button My Friend..Its an All Round Stunner..Better than those Common as Muck Poxy Riga Razors..Get Ma Drift Boys..:rofl:

Edison Carter, Karl G and TestDepth like this.
  16. TestDepth

Stunning Koraat Billy... just stunning. :eatdrink047:

A close to NOS Paul Zazadze “Paul” 89
    76475330-19A4-4755-AF8F-733BCA48D072.jpeg
    Happy hunting.
    Tom

Keithmax, battle.munky, esvh and 7 others like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Aye, I think a wee dram is in order... I’ve got some catching up to do :rofl:

esvh, TestDepth and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Claude Stewart

Claude Stewart Well-Known Member

What a beauty! :smiley respect:

TestDepth and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Got a Mint Factory Fresh NOS Art Decor Spine 472 J.A. HENCKELS FRIODUR 6/8th Coming in from Japan.,Got it for a Good Price..I Will have Six Mint Henckelds..Superb Stainless Steel Shavers..Looking Forward to Honing it..:D

Keithmax, battle.munky, esvh and 6 others like this.
  20. TestDepth

Thank you. :eatdrink047:

esvh and Billyfergie like this.