March 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Feb 28, 2021.

?

What will be your shaving routine in March?

1. I WILL finally commit to a 30 (31) Day Rule.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. I WILL finally commit to a 30 (31) Day Focus.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I WILL commit to using up at least one soap.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. I WILL NOT commit to anything, but getting a great shave.

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  5. I WILL commit to cookies and ice cream only on even-numbered days.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  6. I WILL finally be committed.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

They even created a game based on him.
    Screenshot_20210301-192517_Chrome.jpg

2. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

It's a cool CT, for sure, Dave. :)

jgreenepa, JACarbone, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe.

4. wristwatchb

It's all good, Dave. Shenanigans are a two-way street 'round here. I deserve anything this group wants to dish out. Don't cut me any slack because I'm a retired guy on a fixed income struggling with the daily pressures of getting roof leaks fixed and doing my best to hold up under both a pandemic and a NB. :p

I could tell you were going to make an easy target after maybe your third post, especially when you started inquiring about how to get a CT.

I trust you're now familiar with the process. ;)

:happy096: :happy097: :happy102:

brit, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 7 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I don't recall "Asking how to get one" ;)

brit, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 6 others like this.
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I would have just duct taped the blades to a ruler and been done with it. Presto! You got a razor :happy088:

brit, jtspartan, jgreenepa and 9 others like this.
  7. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :scared003:

8. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

I'm adding to my goals for the month of March. I will do a 30 day rule of keeping the Buttercup Avatar till April :D

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  9. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Lucky coincidence.

Does this mean he is back in play? ‘Cause while I’m in the neighborhood...

brit, jgreenepa, JACarbone and 10 others like this.
  10. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Myles! It just shows that I am human.

Thanks Clint! My C-Mon razors are very sharp and I just got reminded in a gentle way.

brit, JACarbone, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  11. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Ummm..."waiting for his positive goof up"

12. Trigger

Yes, I second that as well. Blair's bp went through the roof. I want him around because he has got a nice collection of straights.

Lol!

Ok, so you are ok with a CT as long as it reflects a positive goof up and that the title can't be misinterpreted in a negative slant. Is that correct?

Well that's a decent amount of Feathers.

I know, I know! Lol!

By the way, congratulations on your CT Dave. Obviously, you are a man's man and not a real buttercup. It's like calling a tall man shorty.

Thanks Joe! Thank goodness it was not a big and deep one.

Thank you Blair!

How is the leak investigation?

13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Blair said he didn't want the CT. That's why I didn't give it to him. As always, if the member says no, then it's a no. Otherwise it wouldn't be any fun.

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 10 others like this.
  14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Ditto. Exactly. The greatest aspect and strength on the 30DC, as well as the overall TSD 'Personna' with replies to questions, opinions, even when there's a difference of ideas, is one of respect and camaraderie, even with all the shenanigans & teasing. You can see (read) this in most every post, in most every forum here at TSD. Sure...there are glitches here and there, but it's not the norm. So many other forums (for almost any subject) don't deliver on this, at all. Other shaving forums may be more active, but that doesn't imply or correlate to being more friendly.

This ^^^^

Of the ad infinitum CT choices that could've stuck for myself getting tagged with a CT the past two years...it just so happened with the one suggested was 'The One' that 'struck a negative nerve' due to the double meaning.

Hope that helps explain.

@Queen of Blades

:thanks:

Another question….we usually have a raffle or two for raising $ for TSD server expenses. Anything in the works? I have a few items I’m saving for that purpose.

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 5 others like this.
  15. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Yep, there will be one soon-ish.

I'm working on a TSD brush/razor stand idea. Kind of wanted to get that worked out before starting a raffle.

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  16. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Obviously it was an eye of the beholder thing This is literally what came to my mind. The Beastmaster was the good guy. No other interpretation came to my mind, but I admit I often don't get other interpretations.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0083630/mediaviewer/rm3618060032/

It's all good. It's water under the bridge and we're all still friends.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2021
    brit, jtspartan, Hembree and 7 others like this.
  17. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Good evening fellas. Short update:

Due to some major requirements in my life right now, I am not able to actively participate as I normally would on this thread. Basically from 6am-11pm, I am going non-stop with some constant and some various shifting/changing responsibilities. I don't want to go into any details, but I ask that you please keep me and my family in your prayers if that is your thing.

On a positive note, when I am able to sit down in the evenings, I really do enjoy "winding down" by reading through this thread and "liking" many posts and making the random comments here and there. It puts a smile on my face to read all of your updates. However, I honestly just do not have the mental motivation/energy for posting SOTD recaps. Nevertheless, I am still shaving every morning (which happens to be one of the best highlights to the start of my days). BTW, I am really loving my new RazoRock Game Changer .68OC razor. It's such a great product.

Retail therapy has helped improve my moods and frame of mind lately (as evident on the BMS 2021 Thread), as well as some quality music therapy when I am able to have some time to myself.

I hope you all are doing great and have a great month of March.

brit, jtspartan, Hembree and 10 others like this.
  18. Trigger

@b1hart Well, I gave it considerable thought Blair. There was a cartoon in the 1960's called Speed Racer. The main character loves to race his Mach 5 in international car races. He's 18 years old and loves his family. Since you like racing cars/car shows, I thought Speed Racer would be a great CT for you. Here's a pic of Speed Racer:

download.jpeg-1.jpg

I also think it would be a great avatar.

So if you like it, then I or someone else will notify Joanna

brit, Hembree, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  19. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

2nd March 2021.

55.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Chinese unbranded Horsehair.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D3)
    Razor: Parker55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals, mixed together With 200ml of Care +Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial Mentholated Splash Lotion./ Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A superb razor & blade duo, mowing through my stubble with effortless ease...The Treet 7DP is a wonderful match for the Parker 55SL.

The Proraso green soap continued to provide me with a wonderful slick protective lather in a short space of time, with the Chinese horsehair brush is super soft, holds the lather well, with enough backbone.

Another pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & cool.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, jtspartan, Hembree and 11 others like this.
  20. wristwatchb

Joe, we had an exhaust fan vent resealed and reflashed yesterday. Hopefully that took care of it.

brit, jtspartan, Hembree and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.