March 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL are Welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Feb 28, 2021.

?

What will be your shaving routine in March?

1. I WILL finally commit to a 30 (31) Day Rule.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  2. I WILL finally commit to a 30 (31) Day Focus.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. I WILL commit to using up at least one soap.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. I WILL NOT commit to anything, but getting a great shave.

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  5. I WILL commit to cookies and ice cream only on even-numbered days.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  6. I WILL finally be committed.

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific shave Joe! Have a great day with the yutes!

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Clint. I am going to give it the old college try.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Clint.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 3 others like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Joe. You as well.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  5. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

March 5, 2021
    Feather AS-D2
    Feather
    MrEE with SHD 2 Band
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Myrsol Antesol

[​IMG]

Happy Friday Everyone. I am working from home today. We are have 4 trees threatening the house removed from the lawn today as well as the remainder trimmed. I think I can avoid the hearing aids for the day. :D On to the shave. I decided to stick go with MWF for a Fat Friday shave. The MrEE brush did a fabulous job loading and lathering the Fat. The lather was luxuriously rich and slick. Following @Edison Carter Bill I went ATG for the 1st pass followed by a XTG and ATG pass. With touch ups and buffing the neck, I tucked the little guy away with ease. The trick with the AS-D2 is to not ride the cap. The razor is designed with a narrow sweet spot and requires you to ride the bar for an efficient shave. A splash of Antesol and I am think I am ready for the day. I hope everyone has a fantastic Friday.

6. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20210304_221446.jpg
    Changed things up a little this morning.

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements aluminum double open comb (polished)

Handle- unknown maker, hollow aluminum

Razorock Green Label

Astra SP (3)

Irish Chestnut by Andy Hilfiger

Razorock 400 synthetic brush

Awesome lather this morning courtesy of a Razorock brush and soap. Three nice passes with the PAA DOC. Alum was barely noticeable this morning. :happy108:

This razor combo is definitely a change up from the Tatara Nodachi. This aluminum combo weighs 3/4 of an ounce....the Nodachi tips the scales at 4 ounces. A big difference.

Finished with a little witch hazel and a couple if squirts of Irish Chestnut. I am smooth and smelling pretty.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Friday.

7. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Friday March 5, 2021
    Razor: Star Lather Catcher
    Blade: Gem (?)
    Brush: Trotter Handcrafts/Brown Synthetic
    Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: CHH Tobacco
    Fragrance: Avon Premiere Luxe Oud

It's name drop day !! So it's a Wool FAT Friday and a chance to finally use my New (Stubble Daddy) Trotter Handcraft brush handle with it's new Maggards Brown Synthetic knot. I liked the look better than the Synbad. Worked perfectly with "The Fat" and got a nice slick lather going for the Star Razor to do it's thing. This thing shaves great but I never cared for the little and thin handle. A member makes a little adapter screw so I can now use any handle I want and the RR Super Knurled does feel good wielding this tool now. The blade stops are getting pretty worn on this old girl so I may try to tweak them up if I can or will need to try to find another. This one was a generous gift from Steve ( @Graydog )Topped off with another gift from the Infamous Ken ( @fluffy )and I wish I could get to Germany and get a case of these to share and have backups. He says it's a cheap drugstore aftershave there but it is a nice light scent and feels great on the skin. Great stuff you can't get in the states or off the Bay..........Next from Russia that finally arrived after 2 months is the Fragrance from Avon
    5cfc589c219a562b2d04492e1e52a716.jpg
    That's right Avon is still around and I believe a bigger thing in Europe now than the US. This is a win for me and we'll see how good the legs of longevity are with it. Thanks for enabling me Joseph @Primotenore Not an expensive one at all especially if you hunt where to get it. I've seen it for $20ish shipped and as high as $50. You know this old horse trader found it for the cheaper from Russia verses other Countries. Well work was on tap for today but the Out-Laws need a hallway light installed with a switch so I need to crawl in their attic and run some wiring and cut some holes in sheetrock for devices. I could do it over the weekend..............................Nah. Or ask the Boss for the day off and get it done today. He's a jerk but in the end he (Actually that's ME) gave in so the weekend can be used to accomplish other things. Have a Stupid Fun Day folks !! (The emergency rooms are open for you)
    IMG_20210304_214230309.jpg
    IMG_20210305_073312906.jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2021
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I usually don't do a review of a canned shave, but today is worth it. I came back with Barbasol, and the "Bill" Neumann(Wm. Neumann&Co.) Signature 1907 A.S. I got out a good amount to spread over my face and neck. South-to-North with the Gillette disposeABLE over the cheeks, and up the middle of Cactus Nation(neck). The opposite direction down S. Porcupine Alley(chin) and up the side edges of N. Porcupine. 1 pass. No Knicks/Cuts. The Bill Neumann really is a nice aftershave-a skin protector, with lots of skin food. Outta This World Excellent( a pretty good grade for canned sophistication).

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great photo and shave Danny. Happy Friday

jgreenepa, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Awesome shave and photo Dave. Congrats on the brush. It is gorgeous.

jgreenepa, brit, JACarbone and 2 others like this.
  11. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Fat Shave Clint. Enjoy your extremely loud day.

jgreenepa, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  12. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs011:

jgreenepa, brit, JACarbone and 3 others like this.
  13. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Danny. How do you like the performance of the PAA DOC?

jgreenepa, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  14. Primotenore

Article Team
    Glad the Avon finally arrived. I hope you like it, Dave.

15. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Fantastic shave Dave. I recall reading that this aftershave really does not have any Oud, am I correct?

16. Primotenore

Article Team
    March Focus
    [​IMG]
    Mike's Vetiver~~Rubberset 400/3~~Feather AS-D2/Sharp Star~~AoS Green Lavender
    Shave #2 with the AS-D2/Sharp Star combo and the results were extraordinary.
    The Feather is probably the ultimate "daily driver".
    Pair it with a slick soap, like Mike's, and you are "desert island" ready.
    FOTD®
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.01.06.png
    Found this at Burlington on clearance for $14.99.
    BTW, this used to retail for $100.00 at the AoS stores.
    Nice change of pace from the Arabic scents that I been recently enjoying.
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.01.28.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 10.02.06.png

9nein9, Hembree, Droo78 and 12 others like this.
  17. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

March 5th
    Goodwill #175 w Wizamet (4)
    Omega Pro/Walnut&Brass
    Fine L'Orange SS
    Thayers
    M-bombed Stirling Arkadia
    sdfids.jpg One more day with this razor and blade, methinks. Next up in the 'old soap' rotation is this Fine L'Orange Noir. Got this when they sold just the pucks without the added cost of the useless, small, flimsy plastic tubs. Technically, I think I have had a tube of Proraso Green longer, but it is in the cabinet of the RV. I do believe I've had the tub of First Canadian Maximo Gomez longer as well, but had the current tub as a backup after the company was sold. It didn't start getting used before this L'Orange Noir for sure. I see the new Fine soaps (croaps, not 3x) are now available, fwiw. Anyway, this is a fave lather in a fave scent and today was the usual excellent Fine lather.
    3 passes with this quality hardware has me easily passing Bill's cotton ball test with a few extra strokes on the jawline. I'd have to call this Epic on the @Keithmax scale.
    TGIF. Have a great day all!

Keithmax, 9nein9, Hembree and 12 others like this.
  18. jtspartan

Sounds like a great deal on the juice, Joseph. Pardon my ignorance, Maestro, but what is the difference in the basenotes between 'fresh spicy' and green/aromatic?

19. jtspartan

Love the look of the hardware today, Dave! That brush handle is pretty unique for sure. I saw there was a guy in eastern Canada making them from old skateboards laminated together. Looked a lot like yours, I wonder if that is where the wood is from. Very cool looking regardless.
    That splash sounds like a winner as well. Glad your 'boss' gave you the 'day off' to crawl around installing wiring...

20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

22E5F2BC-5553-42B7-A3A8-01164DA6E7F9.jpeg
    SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, MARCH 5, 2021

Today is the day before our return to Tennessee to finish closing up my father-in-law’s house and to receive our final Moderna jab. For today’s shave I selected my British Gillette Gold Rocket and my Puma 88 5/8. The Puma delivered a fine, three pass mug shave, and the Rocket loaded with my preferred Feather DE, a decently close two pass ATG dome shave. I feel clean, refreshed, and acceptably smooth.

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), British Gillette Gold Rocket (Dome)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth
    CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH.

9nein9, Hembree, Droo78 and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.