Seaforth Shave Soaps Review

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by poppi, Nov 20, 2020.

1. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

I recently became aware of Spearhead Shaving's take on the classic Seaforth SS. Since I have used and enjoyed the original, I thought I'd like to give these a spin. There are 2 scents, Heather and Spiced. Got them both and have had some nice shaves from them. Since they both use the same base and the only difference I could tell was the scent, the following will cover both.

Ease of Lather - both soaps were easy to get a very nice lather from. I used a synthetic brush on both and only
    had to address the puck for about 15 -20 seconds and that produced enough lather for 4 passes

Longevity of Lather - lasts about forever with no dissipation noted. It remain a bountiful yogurt like consistency which I like.

Skincare - just wonderful. Plenty of cushion and more than adequate glide. My face felt smooth and cared for
    when the shave was completed.

Scent - subjective of course but I really like the Heather. It's scent is more pronounced and longer lasting than
    the Spiced. Both had legs though. The scents were noticeable hours later. My lady friends said the
    Spiced is nice. When they smelled the Heather it was "Oh, I really like that"

Price - not cheap at $22 each but you get 4 full oz. Using a synthetic brush, which doesn't take as much to get
    a fine lather so I think it would balance out as far as longevity of use

Buy Again?- Yes I think I would. seafoth.jpg

Dave in KY, Ksblazer, BamaT and 9 others like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great report!

DentonMajik and Paul Turner like this.
  3. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

Is this a triple milled hard soap?

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    No.

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Just got the Heather. Can't wait to try it

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

6. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Great soap and aftershave. Scent is nice and fresh and clean. No performance issues

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BamaT likes this.
  7. Jesseix

Jesseix Active Member

I haven’t used the Heather/Spiced scents but I did go through some of the nutmeg & heliotrope scent (which I think was the same base/formula). I was pretty darn impressed, it’s a soap that can take a good amount of water and benefits from it, great lather and posthave feel.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  8. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I just got an old Seaforth! mug but it is pretty small. What are the diameters of those pucks?
    Thanks in advance.