Turkish Shave! Also on Thursday!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by BigD, May 30, 2019.

1. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Alpha Outlaw and Arko Shave Stick with Clubman Bay Rum.

Prep: Hot Shower
    Soap: Arko Shave Stick
    Razor: Alpha Outlaw
    Blade: Personna Red (3)
    Brush: Zenith S series
    AS/EdC: Clubman Bay Rum

Beautiful last Monday in the ME. Just 4 more days and it is beer time!
    [​IMG]

2. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Blade: Personna Red (4)

Have a great Tuesday. I know I am. I'm alive!
    [​IMG]

palmolive fox and brit like this.
  3. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Blade: Personna Red (5)

Wednesday, keep it up. Nothing but love for everyone!
    [​IMG]

4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

7th March 2021.

58.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Derby Shave Stick.
    Blade: Asco Super Stainless. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Lord L125 Head /Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing Turkish themed Sunday morning shave....The Schmidt R10 handle / Lord L125 Head gave the Frankenrazor a nice heft making an efficient duo.
    A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with generous splash of Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Kilgore Trout, brit and BigD like this.
  5. palmolive fox

25th March 2021.

68.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Pre:
    Brush: Omega 49.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Arko Shave Stick.
    Blade: Lord Platinum Class. (D4)
    Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree Essential Oils.3 Menthol crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./200ml Care+Witch Hazel Mixture)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Later this morning i have to go for my yearly works medical before i return to work on the 6th April.

Yesterday afternoon i had my first AstraZeneca Jab, which was the most painless injection i have had to date. Like most people on the planet i don't like needles or injections but this one didn't affect me at all...I had no threatening adverse effects after having the vaccine apart from feeling a little bit shivery and tired but today i feel fine apart from my arm feeling slightly stiff which i was told this the norm, and will be ok after a few days...Back to the shave...Last outing of the Lord platinum blade has been consistent throughout the week...Another good blade from the Lord camp that i will add more frequently to my blade rotation.

The Gillette tech is a remarkable in-expensive razor that i will always have in my shaving den.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable acceptable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week of in style...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  6. palmolive fox

1st April 2021.

72 -.jpg

Pre:
    Face Lather.
    Soap : Derby Shave Stick.
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless .(D2)
    Razor: Weishi 2.0 Adjustable. (Settings) wtg 5, atg + pick ups 6.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus,Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

"white rabbit white rabbit white rabbit!"

Last outing of the Shark Super Stainless blade to finish my shaving week & month off using various Lord DE blades...

The Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class are my favourite blades from the lord camp however, the Asco & Shark Super stainless are the smoothest out of them which is my preference in a blade over sharpness. The longevity of the Silver Star Super Stainless & Lord Platinum Class, which i am convinced are the same blade" in different covers? have a nice balance of efficiency & smoothness....Long story short, each of the blades from the Lord camp have gave acceptable shaving results with no intermittent quality problems throughout the month.

The Weishi 2.0 Adjustable/Shark Super Stainless blade duo was a real smooth efficient combo...The Weishi Adjustable performance on the higher settings work wonderfully.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week...Finishing the shave off in style with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

7. palmolive fox

6th May 2021.

92.jpg

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Arko ~ Cool Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Astra Superior Platinum. (D4)
    Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko ~ Cool AS/Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Astra SP which has performed wonderfully with each shave. The blade still feels as though it could carry on with a few more shaves. Very impressive considering i done my monthly head shave with it which is equivalent to two face shaves...The Muhle r89 has been a delight to re-introduce myself to this week. I have reminded myself why i consider it to be my favourite DE razor.
    Yet again The 'Arko cool trio' worked together wonderfully making my morning shave a pleasurable experience...I've mentioned before in many of my posts i'm a great fan of both Arko & Derby shaving products. I know that some people cringe at the thought of using them or may have an allergic reaction to these products or dries their skin or don't like the scent 'especially the Shave sticks'...As with any shaving products subjective opinions will always be found especially with shaving soaps and creams, and even more so with DE blades...Each to their choice as the saying goes.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Arko ~ Cool ASB.

8. palmolive fox

23rd May 2021.

102.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Brush: APShave Co. ~ 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Derby ~ Lavender Moisturising Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SE yellow. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Creightons ~Sensitive PSB./Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...

The Frankenrazor/Gillette 7o'clock SE was another wonderful duo cutting through my stubble effortlessly, feeling smooth and efficient with each pass.

Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Lavender Cologne.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

9. palmolive fox

27th May 2021.

104.jpg

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Derby Shave Stick.
    Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock SE yellow. (D4)
    Razor: Lord L125.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Duru ~ Mandarin Cologne /Arko ~ Comfort ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Gillette 7 o'clock SE Yellow still feeling super smooth, cutting through my stubble effortlessly maintaining a smooth sharp efficient edge with each shave. Another great blade that i will add more to my blade rotation. Pairing together with the Egyptian made Lord razor superbly.

A Enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop Arko ~ Comfort ASB.

10. brit

brit in a box

turkish tuesday
    60s euro tech
    k-c-g
    bbj omega 10098
    arko
    duru limon

[​IMG]

Kilgore Trout and palmolive fox like this.
  11. palmolive fox

Very Nice Gary, My type type of shave...Love the Gillette Tech & Omega Brush.:happy096:

brit likes this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

thank you Barry.:):eatdrink047:i should use this set up more often,nice and simple..

13. palmolive fox

22nd July 2021.

7.jpg
    Pre:
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Face Lather.
    Blade: Dorco Titan. (D2)
    Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 3-wtg,4-atg + Pick ups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS/Cologne + ASB.

brit likes this.
  14. palmolive fox

4th November 2021.

4.jpg

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Derby Shaving Stick.
    Blade: Willy's Premium. (D2)
    Razor: Parker 98r.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Comfort AS-Cologne+ASB.

Greetings,

Early Thursday morning 'Turkish themed' shave,

Last outing of the Willy's Premium which paired together excellently with the Parker 98r feeling super smooth, cutting through my stubble effortlessly maintaining a smooth sharp efficient edge with each shave.

A wonderful performance from the humble Derby shave stick that always provides an acceptable lather for my shave without drying out on my face inbetween each pass, leaving a good post shave feel.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Comfort ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Ksblazer likes this.
  15. palmolive fox

17th February 2022.

l.jpg

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Sea Salt & Fennel Extract 2 in1 Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap with Mint Extracts.
    Face Lather.
    Blade: Ted Pella PTFE SS. (D7)
    Razor: Eve-Ready 1912. (UK)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko Cool AS/Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

Early Morning Shave,

A Turkish themed shave with a Ever-Ready 1912 twist!

Finishing my shaving week off in style with my much loved ER 1912 (UK) which performed wonderfully cutting through my stubble effortlessly paired together with the Ted Pella PTFE SS blade on it's 7th outing, and still feeling smooth & efficient....The longevity of the Ted Pella blades are remarkable!

What more can I say about these remarkable razors. The shave was fantastic...When ever i use my vintage razors I feel as though I am using a proper shaving tool when shaving with them. I have such love and respect for these wonderful vintage shaving tools.

A very enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close near BBS comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Arko Cool ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ksblazer and brit like this.
  16. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

for those copper bowls, if you want to buy them cheaper in turkey or from an online retailer in turkey look for "ayran kasesi" not a shaving bowl. they are basicly the same product, shaving bowl being more elegantly named :)
    upload_2022-2-17_15-16-3.png

Ijustmissedthe50s, Ksblazer and brit like this.
  17. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I bought mine off of the Bay a few years ago.

It came from Turkey and looks like the one in your picture.

If I recall. It was $6 delivered. Felt like I was stealing it from them.

I have a nice ceramic bowl. But reach for this one more often. I like that it's light weight and won't break if you drop it.

Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

i have the same bowl and paid about the same.from turkey.works like a charm..:)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ksblazer like this.
  19. Glondus

Glondus Well-Known Member

it is a good price, i checked some website for "ayran kasesi" rougly 5-7 USD.
    i dont think you can break a copper bowl, at most you can dent it:)

Ijustmissedthe50s and Ksblazer like this.
  20. palmolive fox

3rd March 2022.

t.jpg