April 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. ALL ARE WELCOME!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Mar 31, 2021.

?

What are you shaving plans for April?

1. I am going to exclusively use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. I am going to exclusively lather with Arko AND use an adjustable razor.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I am going to exclusively make fun of the shavers, who lather with Arko.

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. I am going to exclusively shave with whatever suits me.

16 vote(s)
    69.6%
  6. I abhor exclusivity, therefore I am going to sulk and eat cookies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Well, I am glad that I shaved with Mad Max last night because I will be in the middle school today.

Edison Carter, 9nein9, brit and 9 others like this.
  2. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Must be one that requires the Feather Single edge. Never tried them as I read they are pricey and don't last but 2 shaves or so.
    Thanks Joe and you as well, congrats on getting the shipping notice on the razor !

9nein9, Hembree, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Dave!

4. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    As an agricultural science teacher, I stress to my students that in any experiment, the researcher should only change 1 variable. I violated that a little this morning, but not too much. I pulled some gear from the traveling box and decided to use a new synthetic brush. Also, in digging around my cabinet, I found a partially used container of TSD Wheat shaving cream, so I put it in the apothecary mug along with some other bits and bobs of soap and used that this morning. Since I've pretty much exclusively used plisson style synthetic brushes for the past few years, swapping one for another didn't seem like a variable change and I used the TSD soap previously so I considered that the variable.

The lather was outstanding and the shave was spot on again with the Windsor razor - 2 passes and no touch ups for a DFS that is as near to BBS as I will ever get.

Prep: shower and face wash
    Lather: TSD Wheat
    Brush: synthetic
    Razor: ATT Windsor
    Blade: Astra (4)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter, 9nein9, brit and 12 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Nice shave Troy but I'm telling the students :happy097:

9nein9, Hembree, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Patrick.

7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful Willams Wednesday Whisker Whacking lineup and photo Dave.

9nein9, brit, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  8. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Have fun with the kids Joe.

9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great shave and photo Troy. I agree on the brush swap. Plus you are a seasoned wet shaver.

9nein9, Hembree, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thank you, Clint.

Thank you, Jason.

Thank you, Gary.

Thank you, Danny. You too.

Thank you, Patrick.

9nein9, brit, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

April 28, 2021
    Yates 921 H Plate
    Feather
    Omega Evo
    Arran Lochranza
    Thayer’s Aftershave Balm
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

[​IMG]

Happy Hump Day Everyone. I am sort of back in the land of the living this morning. The series of headaches went away overnight. I am still kind of shaky and feel meh so I am going to work remotely from home today. While looking in the shave cabinet Monday evening, I spotted the Arran Lochranza shave soap. Since I have not used it lately, I decided to give it a go. The scent is described as a herbaceous blend combining the soft notes of Cedar and Vetiver, invigorated by the warm-spice of Patchouli, Bay and Anis. I don't get all that but I do get the classic English Cologne type scent that I find very pleasant. While not overpowering, the scent does last throughout the shave. I enjoyed. the rick, rich and slick lather. Three passes with the Yates caught the baby with ease. The Yates with the H plate just flat works for me. My wife had ordered me some Thayer's Aftershave Balm so I gave that a go today. I am not much of a balm guy but this is thinner and went on very easily. A spritz of Guerlain Habit Rouge left me smelling if not feeling great.

Edison Carter, 9nein9, brit and 13 others like this.
  12. Troy M

Thanks Dave...no worries, they see me make up things on the fly always. In food science today, we are wrapping up the last experiment in ingredient swapping in making ice cream. Ice cream for breakfast again!

Thanks Clint!

13. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Take care of yourself today, Clint.

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

@Troy M My youngest daughter is a Junior at the University of KY majoring Agricultural Science. She is planning to go onto get her Masters and PhD in Agricultural Science specializing in reproduction or genetics.

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joseph. I am trying to do just that. I still feel like crap. On a side note, I tried to post the scent tree for Habit Rouge and couldn't figure out how to cut and paste the tree from fragrance net.

16. Troy M

We need more bright young people doing innovative things in agriculture. I plan on eating for the rest of my life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edison Carter, 9nein9, brit and 9 others like this.
  17. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

860DB9F9-D64C-46B5-A76C-200EEA80E4B7.png
    SOTD. WEDNESDAY MORNING, APRIL 28, 2021

This morning’s shave featured my Feather DX loaded with a Feather Super and the Karve Christopher Bradley safety razor. The LE MrEE Aluminum handle fitted with a SynBad knot whipped up gobs of MWF goodness. The DX cleared away my mug stubble in three luxurious passes leaving a glassy smooth mug. I realized that this little barber’s razor is my benchmark for all my straight razor honing purely in level of sharpness.

The styrofoam peanut test, developed by my friend Bill (@Edison Carter), works well for me. The razor’s weight alone when loaded with a new Feather Super blade easily pops through the surface of the peanut. My Parkinson’s makes Lynn Abram’s thumb test of edge readiness, used by many, unworkable for me, But this one works for me. I know my bevel is set when it pops like the Feather Super along the length of the blade. It also helps isolate those sections of the edge requiring more work.

The Karve was my first modern artisan purchase after a half century with the Schick Krona. The razor is just splendid. A solid piece of CNC design engineering. Most of my DE safety razors are vintage, with the Gillette New LC and Standard models representing my benchmark for excellence in DE safety razor design. I’ve owned many modern artisan DE safety razors, but I’ve kept only three in my regular rotation, this Karve, the Colonial Silversmith, and the Feather AS-D2. Two Karve passes left me with a velveteen smooth noggin. The PAA Frost Byte capped another great shave and left me feeling refreshed, clean, cool, and oh-so-smooth.

RAZOR: Feather DX (Mug), Karve Christopher Bradley Safety Razor (Dome)
    BLADES: Feather Super (Mug), Feather DE (Dome)
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: MrEE LE Aluminum Handle #005 with 24mm SynBad Knot
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with PAA Frost Byte AS Splash.

9nein9, brit, deepsea and 10 others like this.
  18. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Wonderful Windup Williams Wednesday
    20210427_191212.jpg
    Stahly Live Blade razor
    Astra SP blade
    Rubberset 400-3 with Omega boar knot
    Williams Mug Soap
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

I reached way, way, way back in the cabinet and pulled out the Williams. I have not used it in a very long time. Not a bad Soap but definitely not special. The 400 with the Omega boar did a great job whipping it up. You just have to work the Williams.

The Stahly handle is on loan from Super Dave @Dave in KY and I appreciate the loan. My handle has a broken spring so Dave was gracious and sent me this one to play with.

Three smooth passes with a windup between passes. I probably could have wound it up a little more but I didn't want to take a chance of stressing the old girl out. The Stahly completely a very nice work acceptable shave. The Stahly is a nice razor but I think I prefer the Stahly head on regular handle.

A little witch hazel and a few squirts of the Cremo Bourbon and Oak and this shave was in the bag. The Bourbon and Oak is not a complex scent but it is a nice scent that just works.

Have a wonderful hump day, gentlemen.
    ●●●●●●●●
    Screenshot_20210427-201927_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-201335_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210427-201346_Chrome.jpg

Edison Carter, 9nein9, brit and 12 others like this.
  19. jgreenepa

Nice kit, Andrew! Sorry to hear about your wife! I’ll pray for her return to health! :)

20. jgreenepa

Lovely shave with your Autostrop grail razor, Dave! Glad it went well! Hope you and your boss don’t get into it today! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.