May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Jason, I've been listening to some of the enthusiasts for years and thought this could be month to give it a try. Not sure if there is a difference other than cold so far...

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Thanks, Clint. Yes, the 'disposable' is going to be a self-fulfilling prophecy later tonight. I'd send it down to the Atlanta 'burbs, but I consider you a friend...:happy097:

3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jason.

I have one in mind, Soapy Science Lollipop Citrus. It's been kicking around the den for a long time. I'll start at one day a week and go from there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Great shave, Paul. Glad to hear there was no blood loss this morning. Take care.

JACarbone, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  5. Hembree

We do have a lot of choices.

JACarbone, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  6. Hembree

Awesome shave and you have started the Mayhem train with the little plastic razor. Things can only go up ......... or is it down from here. :D I wonder what Patrick is planning.

Take care, Jason.

7. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

may032021.jpg
    May 3rd 2021

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Doppelgänger Grey Label - SS, ASB, AS&C
    Omega EVO
    Drew Dick 7/8 Damascus

In for May, possibly even a MayHem shave or two. The month of May marks my 2 year anniversary month of primarily shaving with an open edge device (shavette, Kamisori or traditional straight razor) for 5-6 days/week. I don't specifically chart my shaves, have zero desire to. But....just curious on where I was, I did some rough calculations. To date, approximately 577 open edge shaves, if not more (using 5.5 as a standard). Most weeks from mid Feb to Mid December (my busy season), it's ~5 days per week with an open edge, but from mid December to mid February it's 6, if not 7 days a week with an open edge. Rare is the time now I'm using a safety razor, except when I travel, and then....a good bit of the time I'm using a my Feather shavette.

Past 2.5 months....tough to keep up/post on TSD. Unexpected challenges for our 2 teen aged children along with still being the caretaker for an elderly parent leaves very little time for anything other than keeping up with a busy work schedule. The 3 days off since first of March have been spent with family time (dates with wifey). Work slows a bit in May, which is a good thing. Still absolutely IN on the No Buy 2021, that ship still 'full steam ahead' and on course.

Today's shave, awesome PAA lather from the EVO, super smooth shaving from the Drew Dick Damascus blade. Couple weepers though, skin blemishes that get mowed over.

For the frag heads.....PAA's Doppelgänger Grey Label is a homage to Creed's Aventus. Super bright citrus/pineapple opening, with a wonderful wifey approved :love055: dry down. Lasts for hours and hours.

PAA's scent breakdown:

Screen Shot 2021-05-03 at 11.36.43 AM.png

Hope everyone has a Fantastic Monday!

8. jtspartan

Patrick didn't send me anything so far this month...whatever I come up with will be very tame in comparison. I do have the welded butterknife/GEM shaver he made last year, but since I had to epoxy it back together I'll try to avoid taxing the health care system these days...

9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Danny.......Y'know that saying "Live and learn". In here it's "Shave and learn".

10. jtspartan

Great to see your posts and your beautiful pics, Blair! Your life needs to slow down a bit so that you can start surfing artisan websites again...:)

11. Hembree

Hope the waiting is not too long, Joe @Trigger .
    Screenshot_20210503-114618_Chrome.jpg

12. Hembree

Dwell meter and a timing light......what fun. I have mine put up.

Enjoy this time with your son....you cannot replace those memories. Take care.

13. Hembree

Awesome shave, Joseph. I'm sure you are man enough for the juice! Take care.

14. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Me too, but not big on Sweet Tea (too much sugar)

15. Hembree

:signs011:

Trigger, clint64 and JACarbone like this.
  16. Hembree

Thanks Jason

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent Joe

Trigger, clint64 and Hembree like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Awesome Jason.

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude