The Meta-4 (Stainless Prismatic, Flare Tip Series)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Weasel640, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

I've been pretty busy as I have just moved from Arizona to Maryland. In the middle of the move Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements (PAA) released the Meta-4. This razor is a revamped throwback to the Vintage Kirby Beard Co Razor by Leresche. PAA already had the Prismatic out, which was constructed with a Zamak Head, and Brass Handle. But the Meta-4 is an all new, all stainless, tweaked design.

The Prismatic is one of my favorite Safety Razors in rotation. As such the Meta-4 was a highly anticipated release for me. I am very surprised that in the three weeks that it's been available, that it is still available... Also I don't see any posts about it yet. I think maybe the Prismatic and Meta-4 are under-rated and maybe fly under the radar a little...

I know they look aggressive with the wide gap in the guards, but the geometry of the head makes these very mild razors. Although mild, these are very efficient, and give good audible feedback. Both variants also have really grippy handles which I really like.

The Meta-4 has some tweaks over the Prismatic. It's stainless, so more durable and will last probably more than my life time. In addition to a tighter tolerance, and snug fit, they also extended the Head to cover the blade tabs. The Meta-4 comes with the new Flare Tip Series handle. This handle is reminiscent of the knurling on the Red Super Speed. It is however a three piece handle design and not TTO. The handle includes a removable Flare Tip. You can remove the tip for a shorter handle, or swap it with other available colors. On mine I've put the PAA Purple Tip on...

Anyway I really think these are great razors, not to mention great value. I really don't have time to do a really full review, so here are some photos of when it arrived (the first package delivered to the new address).
    01-Box.jpg 02-Meta.jpg 03-Meta Close.jpg 04-Meta Top.jpg

2. manu.aneja

manu.aneja Active Member

Very nice

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

chevyguy likes this.
  3. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

I agree with you except I feel the Prismatic is more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

4. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Very cool looking with that purple tip

5. shaveman

shaveman Well-Known Member

Mild shave but very effective. Mine is for sale. Anyone interested contact me.
    PAA Meta 4.JPG

6. brit

brit in a box

very cool..:cool:

7. Weasel640

Weasel640 Well-Known Member

This is purely cosmetic, but PAA added more color options for the tips...

tips.png

8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

x100.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk