Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

very cool razor Matt..fabulous pic as usual..:cool::eatdrink047:

GAW9576, 120inna55 and clint64 like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary. I got this Speed Razor just because of the unique American Airlines branding. All my other Enders are the later "Speed Shavers" models. It turns out the head geometry is essentially the same, so the Razor shaves just as beautifully as the Shaver.

brit, GAW9576, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Airlines standard (1941)! Per the ad the Shaver was introduced as an "airliner model" in '41.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Original Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #199 Synthetic
    Fuzzy Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Old Spice Original Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #199 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

brit, GAW9576, Ron R and 6 others like this.
  5. 120inna55

That's actually not the same razor, though. The razor that Gary and I are discussing has the "American Airlines" branding. The razor is the "Speed RAZOR" model which is the predecessor to the the sexier, curvier "Speed SHAVER" which is what's in the ad you posted.

Certainly, both models had similar promotional packaging, but the earlier model "Speed RAZOR" is the only one I've seen that actually has the branding/promotion on the razor itself.

Here's my "Speed RAZOR" with the American Airlines branding:

[​IMG]

Here's more info from Waits:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And, then here's a gallery of my Speed SHAVERs (I'm currently up to 3 greens, a red, and a yellow).

6. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Yes I realize that. As the ad makes clear the the Shaver was introduced as a (marketing) tribute to the razor you have , the airlines branded Razor of the 30s. That was the point I was making.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

GAW9576, clint64 and 120inna55 like this.
  7. 120inna55

I just don't see that. I don't see anything in the ad that references or pays "tribute" to the the "Speed Razor".

GAW9576 and clint64 like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

The "Speed Shaver which is standard on airlines" (including specifically American) as referenced in the second ad didn't in fact exist at this time. It was a Razor, like yours, as the Shaver monikor was only introduced in early '41 with this series of ads. The Give Wings marketing campaign and change of name was reflecting the success of your Speed Razor on the airlines prior to 1941.

Interestingly the design changes we associate with the "Shaver" were not submitted for patent approval until 1946, five years after the "Shaver" moniker was adopted.

[​IMG]

Late vs early "Shavers"
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2021
    brit, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  9. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 8, 2021
    Brass General
    Feather Pro
    30DC LE with Zenith Boar
    The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Dehaven model 3/Proline. Not for the risk adverse, exposure in my example is akin to my Ikon Tech. Not relaxing but effective.

For those unfamiliar with the Model 3, your success in using an injector blade depends on removing the stock blade from its holder cleanly and then seating the injector blade deep enough in the holder to obtain an exposure you're good with.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2021
  11. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 8th May

Stirling Syn.26mm
    P & B Spitfire
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Mild Pink
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

A very nice Shave setting me up for a Day out officiating, at The County Athletics Championships. Glad to be under cover as weather forecast grim.
    The Yaqi is so easy to use as a Daily Shaver -quality Shaves with no post Shave problems.

IMG_1446.jpg

12. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 9th May

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    P & B Citra Royale
    Yaqi Raster V2
    Kai CT Mild Pink [ 5 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Off out again this morning but at least the forecast is better, yesterday rather grim in the morning. Had forgotten just how tiring it was spending 6hrs concentrating on timing Athletes in their races. Getting superb quality finishes with The Raster every time without any hassle.

IMG_1449.jpg

13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have always thought Feathers were like a over sharp skinning knife that dulls faster.

brit, GAW9576, clint64 and 1 other person like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Is that the old spice cream from India?

15. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Sunday 9th May
    Ever Ready 1924
    GEM Stainless Coated #8

[​IMG]

16. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Old Spice Original Shaving Cream
    Jayaruh #199 Synthetic
    1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher
    Star Wedge
    CWR
    Granddad's Blend AS

The Old Spice Original Shaving Cream lathered well with Jayaruh #199 Synthetic brush. Two passes and touch ups with the 1902 Kampfe Brothers/Star Lather Catcher with a Star Wedge blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Granddad's Blend AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 9, 2021
    Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Shavemac Synthetic
    Santa Maria Novella Cream de Barba
    Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano

[​IMG]

18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Sunday injector shave, May 9th 2021

Razor: Pal injecto-matic injector-MFG 1950's, milder mid range, Very well designed IMO, they spent over 1 million dollars to tool up to develop this razor in the 1950's so how many millions today?
    Blade: Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity and smooths out nicely.
    Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea, I enjoy the scent and excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown whiskers, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Results: CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna injector blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

19. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

20. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had an exceptionally smooth shave with an Enders Speed Shaver and a Personna SS PTFE blade this evening. For lather I mixed a small amount of Cella with aloe cream in with the Dragon's Blood soap I've been testing. This made for a more stable lather than I had previously gotten with it. All in all an excellent shave which was both close and comfortable.

IMG_09052021_211308_(900_x_861_pixel).jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.