The Fellowship of Cold Water Shavers

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Mar 26, 2016.

1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Edwin Jagger 89 Razor
    Polsilver Super Iridium Blade
    JR #236/30mm Tuxedo Brush
    Proraso Red Shave Cream
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Calvin Klein Obsession Eau De Toilette

Untitled.jpg

2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    May 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  6. jimjo1031

Schick M1 Adjustable Razor
    Personna PTFE Blade
    JR #391/24mm Grey-White Synthetic Brush
    Stubble Buster Game Shave Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Adidas Dynamic Pulse After Shave

Untitled.jpg

7. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

6th May 2021.

92.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Lider Turkish Boar.
    Bowl Lather.
    Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
    Lather : Arko ~ Cool Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Astra Superior Platinum. (D4)
    Razor: Muhle r89.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+ 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Arko ~ Cool AS/Cologne + ASB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Last outing of the Astra SP which has performed wonderfully with each shave. The blade still feels as though it could carry on with a few more shaves. Very impressive considering i done my monthly head shave with it which is equivalent to two face shaves...The Muhle r89 has been a delight to re-introduce myself to this week. I have reminded myself why i consider it to be my favourite DE razor.
    Yet again The 'Arko cool trio' worked together wonderfully making my morning shave a pleasurable experience...I've mentioned before in many of my posts i'm a great fan of both Arko & Derby shaving products. I know that some people cringe at the thought of using them or may have an allergic reaction to these products or dries their skin or don't like the scent 'especially the Shave sticks'...As with any shaving products subjective opinions will always be found especially with shaving soaps and creams, and even more so with DE blades...Each to their choice as the saying goes.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a small dollop of Arko ~ Cool ASB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    jimjo1031, brit and Jayaruh like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  10. palmolive fox

8th May 2021.

93.jpg

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face./bloom water face wash.
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather: Omega ~ Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
    Blade : Astra Superior Stainless.(D1)
    Razor : Muhle r41.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./Floid ~ Mentolado Vigoroso ASL./Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

(Open Comb DE Razor Week.)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Carrying on with the Astra Superior Stainless blade, another blade from the St Petersburg camp. The Astra SS i find them to be more efficient and it's longevity is better than the Astra SP. Paired together with the efficient semi-opened comb R41 wonderfully...Using the lightest of touch it cut through my stubble with effortless ease leaving my face feeling dolphin smooth...A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, jimjo1031 and Jayaruh like this.
  11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. palmolive fox

9th May 2021.

94.jpg
    Shaving Recipe For today.

Pre:
    Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
    Bowl Lather.
    Lather : The Body Shop ~ Maca Root & Aloe Softening Shaving Cream.
    Blade: Astra Superior Stainless. (D2)
    Frankenrazor: Yaqi DOC Head / Ab Inox Eco Safety Razor Handle.
    Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...After my shave yesterday with the efficient Muhle r41 only a 2 pass +pick up pass was required to make my mature skin feel dolphin smooth again.

The frankenrazor/Astra SS. duo mowed through my stubble effortlessly. A great razor/blade combo...The protection slickness and glide of the Maca Root shaving cream is absolutely superb. It never fails to provide a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a equally fantastic post shave feel.

A pleasurable 2 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Nivea Men ~ 2 Phase ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, Jayaruh and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  14. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  15. jimjo1031

Ever-Ready (England) 1912 Razor
    Gem Stainless SE Blade
    Frank Shaving Boar Brush
    Cremo Refreshing Mint Shave Cream
    Sea Breeze Astringent
    Lucky Tiger Aspen After Shave

Untitled.jpg

Jayaruh, palmolive fox and brit like this.
  16. palmolive fox

11th May 2021.

95.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Anbbas 24mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Kent Luxury Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Astra Superior Stainless. (D3)
    Razor: Parker 24c.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB. /Brut Sport Style ASL.

Greetings,

Out of the four DE open comb razors i own and have shaved with the The Parker 24C i find the mildest yet efficient enough to give a close comfortable acceptable shave... Open comb razors have a reputation of been aggressive, they can be, but any razor can, which can be misleading to someone who has yet to shave with one i find them very smooth & efficient and match up really well with most DE blades, the only thing which i find you have to do with the parker 24C as with all the parker razors i own ,is to apply a steeper shaving angle to get the best shaving results.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of Brut Sport Style ASL.

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

17. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  18. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  19. palmolive fox

13th May 2021.

96.jpg

Pre:
    Brush: Yaqi ~ Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
    Face Lather.
    Lather : Razorock "What The Puck? !" ~ Lime Burst.
    Blade: Astra Superior Stainless. (D4)
    Razor: FaTip Grande.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB. /Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

last outing of the Astra Superior Stainless which has been consistently Superb with every shave throughout the week...I feel as though i could easily get another 2-3 shaves from this blade, but I'll put it into retirement as i have a vast amount of other DE blades to contend with.

The FaTip Grande/Astra SS combo was such a wonderful match....Very smooth and efficient...Two passes left my face feeling smooth, but i carried on with the third & pick ups pass for the sheer pleasure, and to use up the wonderful slick lather the Razorock "WTP? !"soap provided me.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a generous splash of Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos210513b.jpg

brit and jimjo1031 like this.