May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe

JACarbone, Trigger and Hembree like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

For this morning's shave, most all was the same as previous two days, but I switched Gillette Foamys to the Menthol brand. (Or is it "Foamies"?). Whatever the spelling persuasion, it was a nice shave once again. Just at the close, I had the presence of mind to go over an area I missed(jawline, under the right ear). Most Excellent.

brit, JACarbone, b1hart and 11 others like this.
  3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

May 12th
    Razor: Carbon Shaving CX-316L ++
    Blade: Bolzano Superinox (3)
    Brush: Simpson Isle of Mann
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: B&M Reserve Waves
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    B&M Unscented Balm
    AS: B&M Reserve Waves

Good morning!

Wonderful shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Silent alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

brit, Droo78, JACarbone and 13 others like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    May Focus
    [​IMG]
    Klar Kabinett~~Simpson CH2~~1947 Gillette Super-Speed/Personna 74~~Al Haramain Oudh 36 Nuit
    Today's "variable", I changed soaps.
    Same razor and blade as yesterday.
    The Klar
    easily whipped up into a well-hydrated, rich and shiny lather:
    [​IMG]
    If this soap were readily available today, I am not sure it would retain its "unicorn" status.
    Yes, it's quite good. Being triple-milled, it's hard a s rock and will last a long time.
    The more I delve into the world of fragrances, I have to acknowledge that the rose scent

is quite artificial. True rose oil/extract is almost as expensive as Oud.
    Nevertheless, it performs well and having a 500g backup, I don't see running out in the near future.
    Good shaving results today. Still got two minuscule weepers on the right side of my neck.
    Me thinks my neck has not recovered entirely from the first Barbasol FH shave a few days ago.
    Cleaned up the face with Thayer's and in honor of my rose theme, I splashed some DRH Pink on.
    Not breaking totally with my routine, I applied a small dollop of Proraso ASB for sensitive skin.
    I wouldn't call my skin particularly sensitive, but this balm has almost no scent, so it's perfect for a fraghead.
    Speaking of which, todays FOTD®

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 09.45.30.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 09.45.46.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 09.45.37.png

This juice is STRONG and must be applied with extreme discretion.
    ONE spritz to the solar plexus and I called it quits.
    Still, I adore rose/oud scents and this one is a real winner.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    brit, Droo78, JACarbone and 13 others like this.
  5. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

What a cool pic Jim, have a good one !
    That's some amazing looking lather Joseph. Have a great day !

JACarbone, HighSpeed, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  6. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Dave!
    The sun is shining for the first time in the last few days. I'm looking forward to getting out into the yard today.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

JACarbone, jtspartan, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20210511_221606.jpg
    Colibri (Hummingbird) safety razor with 1.10mm plate.
    Feather blade (fresh)
    MrEE LE #011 with Dscosmetics synthetic knot.
    Soap Commander Honor shave soap.
    Cremo Bourbon and Oak EdT

Awesome shave all the way around. The one word that came to my mind during this shave was "luxurious".

I put a fresh Feather in the Colibri and it was just amazing. Three smooth passes with no blood loss. The Feather just clicks with this razor.

A little witch hazel followed by the Cremo EdT and this BBS puppy was in the bag. :happy108:

I may revisit the Gamechanger 0.84 solid bar in the morning to see how they compare. My money is on the Colibri. ;)

Happy Wednesday everyone!

brit, Droo78, JACarbone and 11 others like this.
  8. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Great you're enjoying that razor. I assume it was an improvement over their Start razor I tried some time ago or do they still sell that and this is a different one ?

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 12th
    Goodwill #175 w PermaSharp (2)
    APShave SynBad/Poculi
    Jeeves BoS 30DC 2018 combo
    Thayers
    dfdfdf.jpg
    Another great shave with the Goodwill this morning. The Jeeves is a fave lather but I don't reach for this combo as often as I should, perhaps. The scent is just 'ok' for me...doesn't elicit any sort of negative response from swmbo, though. Anyway, a tremendous lather (this 30mm SynBad is just awesome, imho) paved the way for 3 easy passes. A few extra swipes on the jawline and I am completely smooth.
    Have a great day all!

10. Hembree

Alabama gas station gizzards. Coworker made a run during break so I had to get a few.

Delicious....I'll eat a few for everyone. :D
    20210512_094657.jpg

11. Hembree

Thanks Dave. The Start is still in Homelike Shaving's lineup. As for as how the Start compares with the Colibri I don't know.

I think Jim @jluc has a Start....I could be wrong though.

12. Hembree

:prrr:

JACarbone, jtspartan, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  13. Hembree

Beautiful shave, Bill. Take care.

14. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

may112021.jpg
    May 11th

Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CK-6 SS, ASB & AS/C - John Frum
    Jason's Blue Resin Maple w/TGN badger
    Ralf Aust

may122021.jpg
    May 12th

Noble Otter SS & AS - BarrBarr (barbershop)
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Star Jelly ASB
    Jason's 2019 30DC LE handle w/Omega Boar
    Ralf Aust

Yesterday, busy....fighting some web server issues, then catching up on orders.... Did take a quick break to shave with the Ralf Aust. Hadn't used this blade in awhile, so doubled up yesterday and today.

Today's morning shave (finally!)....very nice and methodical, awesome bowl overflowing lather from the Omega Boar and Noble Otter's shave soap. Quick to lather, very slick with great loft and volume, super face feel. 2.5 passes with the Ralf Aust both days, WTG everywhere, XTG everywhere, and finally the opposite leg of the X for only the neck/jawline. One small neck weeper appeared and kept today's shave from being on the near perfect Epic scale....bummer. Some skin nourishment with PAA's unscented Star Jelly ASB, followed by Noble Otter's BarrBarr after shave lotion. For the fragheads, this is a typical barbershop aroma, slightly darker/deeper overall than most, but close in nose appeal to the example I have of Stirling's Barbershop after shave.

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

brit, Droo78, JACarbone and 12 others like this.
  15. Hembree

Myles, I remember when gas went to over a $1.00 a gallon. People thought the world was going to end and the pumps would not register above a dollar per gallon. What was showing on the pumps was half of your total gas purchase. In other words if gas was $1.10 per gallon then the pump was set at 55 cents per gallon. Finally all of the pumps were replaced and got caught up the price of gas.

Interesting times.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Droo78, JACarbone, Keithmax and 5 others like this.
  16. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

New frag. I got for my birthday. I can’t say I’m a full fragrance connoisseur, personally I feel like you would have to be a person who went through college to become a perfumer for me to regard you as a “fragrance connoisseur”. Though I am good with detecting notes. This new release is absolutely gorgeous. Fragrantica seems to be missing a few notes on their website for this fragrance. One of the notes being, “coconut” which immediately on the opening I smell a bit of coconut. In a way it reminds me of “Coco Chanel” which technically gives it a little bit of a feminine vibe, but this quickly darkens up on my skin and becomes very smokey and masculine scent. HIGHLY unique in my opinion. I actually got my mom a bottle of coco Chanel for her birthday last year and I find it funny how this sort of reminds me of it on the opening.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brit, Droo78, JACarbone and 12 others like this.
  17. Hembree

Gorgeous shaves and gear, Keith. Looks like some exhaust upgrades are in the works. Keep us posted and take care.

18. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I do have the Start but I don't know how it compares to the Colibri.

From Homelike website:

COLIBRI" is a new stainless steel safety razor from "HomeLikeShaving", a continuation of the popular "START" razor.
    The design and construction of the model is a triumph of aesthetics, minimalism and true Old School. The bottom plate is 40 mm long, and the gap between the blade and plate edges is reduced for a comfortable shave in difficult areas. On the edges of the guard, there are special bevels (for even more efficient work in hard-to-reach places). Such were the cult models of the past.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

JACarbone, Keithmax, b1hart and 5 others like this.
  19. Hembree

Thanks Joe

JACarbone, Trigger and clint64 like this.
  20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Very cool photo Jim. I like the darkness of all the items and setting.

Awesome shave and photo Joseph.

Looking good Danny.

Awesome lineup and photo Jason. "OK" scents are hard for me to get excited about. They seem to get pushed to the back of the cabinet

Fantastic photos and shave lineups Blair.

brit, JACarbone, Keithmax and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.