Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thank you, sir. I believe there is a bit of menthol in the splash, too.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sat 15th May

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    MWF
    Yaqi Excalibur AC/Se
    Schick Proline [1 ]
    Alcolado Glacial A/S splash

My first Shave with the Excalibur, and though the internal finish not as good as that of The Raster, it did not make a difference to the Shave.I was very pleased at the performance of the Schick blade -super smooth with a great close all round finish.

IMG_1464.jpg

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 3 others like this.
  3. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Saturday 15th May
    Pal Injectomatic
    Personna Stainless Coated #3

[​IMG]

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 3 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Saturday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick lathered well with The SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Fuzzy Catcher Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ischiapp, SlimGem, GAW9576 and 6 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, May 15th, 2021, New razor and just started dialing the Yaqi Excalibur 50mm in, might take a few shaves, I started out with my AC Kai Protouch blade on (8) shave and it indicated dullness so switched to the AC Feather pro(1) and that made a big difference. I did not feel threatened by the sharper blade but it is a very light razor & I was cautious(1st use). It is indicating from just the first shave a <mid range and indicates a great daily driver for some. I cranked out a excellent shave but still dialing the SE Excalibur in what I can & can not do when buffing. The razor finish and tolerances were adequate and did not turn me off the razor at all. It is just a possibly a good entry level razor if someone that is interested in entering the SE AC blade realm of shaving. First time using a Feather Pro & with the new Yaqi Excalibur razor. First impressions so far are positive and it will be used for at least 7 consecutive days with a daily double on Monday because of Micromatic Mondays.

Razor: The new Yaqi Excalibur AC style 50mm razor- MFG 2021>, nice <mid range razor, easy to maneuver around the face and easy going for the first shave. Light weight and I have other very light SE razors so finding the correct amount of light pressure is still on going.
    Blade: Feather Pro AC (1) nice sharp blade, Sharp & smooth, longevity?.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild tobacco & vanilla scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot with black marble handle, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter.
    Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups. 2x WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of AVON True Gent balm aftershave.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm + a AC Feather Pro.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 4 others like this.
  6. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Dime, Gem ptfe stainless blade, shave 5
    [​IMG]

Underassuming and overachieving is the best way to describe this razor. Second shave with this razor. Because the blade has little support it flexes a bit and the feel of the shave is similar to an Autostrop A1 for the same reason which was a contemporary to this razor. Feels similar but flat outshaves the any Autostrop when all is said and done. End result BBS finish achieved.

SlimGem, GAW9576, Ron R and 4 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The TSD Iced Lime Shaving Stick lathered well with The SlimGem Silvertip Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Sunday Shave May 16th 2021

Razor: Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm- Mfg 2021> excellent midrange, very light, easy to roam the face, carefree shave even with a Feather Pro. Angle seems easy to find for myself.
    Blade: Feather Pro AC 50mm (2)- Very sharp blade, sharp & smooth, longevity??
    Soap: Razorock blue barber- nice scent with excellent lather qualities + triple milled.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush- no shedding today, wonderful boar brush feel.
    Pre shave: Hand lathered whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinsed after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock blue barber with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG] excellent shave with my SE Yaqi Excalibur + Feather pro blade.
    SE SOTD, Sun, May 16th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times, light at the end of the tunnel!

SlimGem, GAW9576, Electrif and 3 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 16th May

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
    Vitos Super Red
    Yaqi Excalibur
    Schick Proline [ 2 ]
    GB Grey Flannel A/S Lotion

Got waylaid doing accounts so late afternoon Shave. Very smooth and great Finish. Just finished on accounts for today.

IMG_1469.jpg

SlimGem, GAW9576, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  10. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Sunday
    16 May 2021

• 1973 Gillette Trac II Twin Injector, aka Twinjector, razor
    • Vintage Personna Krona injector blade (3)
    • 1940s HardRight brush; restored 10 years ago with a TGN 20mm Finest-grade 2-band badger hair knot
    • 2012 Japanese suribachi bowl
    • Palmolive Classic (Italian version)
    • Tet-A-Tet aftershave balm
    Fantastic 2-pass ATG/WTG shave with one of the best blades ever made IMHO as well as the wonderful Made-in-Italy version of Palmolive Classic shave cream. BBS result, super smooth, can't feel any hairs in any direction. Finished off with wonderful Russian-made Tet-A-Tet aftershave balm. Zen.

IMG_20210516_200026~2.jpg

SlimGem, GAW9576, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. Electrif

Monday 17th May
    EndGem Speed 3D •••
    GEM Stainless Coated #1

[​IMG]

SlimGem, GAW9576, IAmTheJody and 5 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Ingram Shave Cream
    Tom's 3D Printed Brush
    TNNSER 3D Printed Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The Ingram Shave Cream lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TNNSER 3D Printed Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

SlimGem, GAW9576, IAmTheJody and 7 others like this.
  13. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday, May17th, 2021, Daily Double! Gem Micromatic VS (New)Yaqi Excalibur shaving 1/2 face (Left side with Gem), both razors IMO are excellent daily drivers + also <midrange & give similar results. I gave the Gem Micromatic the tougher beard side because I know this razor well and just with feel testing the results were excellent with similar feels of both razors final results.
    The Gem is easier to load imo and the Yaqi is doable but a little more fidgeting with the tiny thinner blade.
    The Micromatic is at least 3 times the weight and built to last while the Yaqi has no brass in the head(Zamac) with a Aluminum handle with this model. Both razors are a joy to use and the Gem would be least expensive to operate over time with blade costs per 100pcs IMO. Both razors have no blade tabs exposed, another positive.
    This confirms my belief that the Gem Personna blades are just as sharp as the Feather blades & has a great proven record for longevity + both blades are excellent in proven sharpness IMO. Yaqi also makes a Excalibur model with a brass handle if you like weight or just use a stainless handle like some folks have done if you like heft. I like this Yaqi handle feel so it will stay for now.

Razor: Gem MicroMatic Flying wing SE - Mfg 1947-50, excellent mid range, great daily driver, built well, easy to load blade.
    Razor: Yaqi Excalibur SE- Mfg 2021> excellent mid range, great daily driver, harder to load, great feel to this razor IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(4), excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
    Blade: Feather Professional AC 50mm(3), excellent blade, very sharp, smooth& sharp, longevity?.
    Soap: Razorock Blue barber, nice scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Atlantis 24mm- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great backbone for scrubbing + excellent painter.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: cold water rise after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch hazel+ a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results Gem F.W: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= [​IMG]excellent shave with my Micromatic Flying wing.
    Results Yaqi Excalibur: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=[​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, GAW9576, Electrif and 5 others like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 17th May

Omega 11126 boar
    Ach Brito Mogno
    Yaqi Excalibur + S/S handle
    Schick Proline [ 3 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

I really enjoyed todays Shave, as I removed the stock handle and replaced it with a S/S one. Though I get on OK with the original I liked the extra weight, and found the combo just felt good in the hand and was manoeuvrable. With a great Mogno lather the Shave was very smooth and I had no problems getting an ultra close finish.

IMG_1470.jpg

15. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Tom's 3D Printed Brush
    Triceratops 3D Printed Razor
    Personna Injector
    CWR
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with The Triceratops 3D Printed Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

ischiapp, SlimGem, 120inna55 and 7 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tues 18th May

Simpson Chubby 1 -Maggards ED2band
    Monsavon au Lait
    Yaqi Excalibur- Super Knurl handle
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Lea Balsam A/S balm.

I have just completed a Fourth Consecutive Shave with this Yaqi. Not only have the Shaves been trouble free during/ post Shave, but the consistency of finish is rarely matched by any of my other Razors - AC/SE , Vintage SE, Injectors. Might not be S/S but if you want a good Shave this budget offering is worth a try, if you can find one !!

IMG_1475.jpg

Last edited: May 18, 2021
    SlimGem, Jayaruh, 120inna55 and 6 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SE SOTD, Tue, May18th 2021, I did a few maneuvers with the Excalibur over the last few days like the Excalibur side(Gillette slide), J hooking + buffing with no issues. I picked up the speed of the strokes also today and no issues with that maneuver, non threatening nice shaves with not a lot of aggression feel IMO makes a good daily driver for some folks.
    Razor: Yaqi Excalibur-Mfg 2021, great mid range, easy to roam the face for a reasonable carefree shave, no Drama of a shave if a person has reasonable technique easy going IMO.
    Soap: Razorock XXX, nice clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra 26 mm, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
    Blade: Feather Professional AC - sharp & smooth, longevity ?.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + a blemish weeper = [​IMG]excellent shave with my Yaqi SE Excalibur with a Feather pro.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

SlimGem, Electrif, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  18. Electrif

Wednesday 19th May
    Triceratops 3D
    GEM Stainless Coated #2

[​IMG]

19. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Wed 19th May

The Grosvenor , 404 mixed
    Williams Mug Soap
    Occams Enoch
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 2 ]
    Williams Aqua Velva A/S Lotion

Had a very nice quick Shave with The Enoch, not quite as close as yesterday with the Yaqi , but I did spend a lot of time on that Shave as still trialling that Razor.

IMG_1477.jpg

20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Tom's 3D Printed Brush
    EndGem 3D Printed Razor
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Cella After Shave Balm

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with Tom's 3D Printed Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the EndGem 3D Printed Razor with a Personna GEM SS PTFE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella After Shave Balm. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.