May 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Apr 30, 2021.

?

What's your plan for "Mayhem" May?

1. I plan on shaving with a DE blade, duck taped to a popsicle stick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I plan on shaving with a Bowie Knife.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I plan on shaving with a Stihl chain saw.

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I plan on shaving with a rusty tin can lid.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I plan on NOT contracting tetanus.

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  6. I plan on eating many cookies.

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  7. I plan on, once again, ignoring stupid polls.

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on the Epic shave Joe. Have a great Sunday.

JACarbone, Hembree and Trigger like this.
  2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Sorry about the rough start, Clint. Nice save and beautiful picture.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

3. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

[​IMG]
    Another successful month with the Windsor and Proraso, with just a few detours along the way. The Windsor and an Astra blade mowed down 3 days of growth this morning in 2 easy passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, Keithmax, Primotenore and 12 others like this.
  4. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you. Joe..Enjoy your day.:cool:

Hembree, clint64 and Trigger like this.
  5. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Clint..Enjoy your Sunday too.:cool:

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Terrific pic and shave Troy!

Hembree, clint64 and Troy M like this.
  7. Trigger

Great shaves Jeff. Praying for the full restoration of your left hand in Jesus' name.

8. Trigger

Awesome shave Joe! I may try straight shaving with one hand. I may even do it today because it would be fitting to do it for my last shave fir Mayhem May.

JACarbone, Hembree and clint64 like this.
  9. Trigger

You and I have had the rare aweful shave this month. I feel you because when it happened to me, I was scratching my head. Thank goodness it happens once in a blue moon. Hopefully, the cuts were not deep and simply flesh wounds. However, the pic looks great! Tomorrow is another shave and I am sure it will be your usual result as long as you don't clip the cuts. Have a great Sunday afternoon Clint.

10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That sounds great, Jim. We also love little family run places like that. Yesterday was definitely a cheat day for me. :) I didn't think @Trigger could handle it, so I didn't mention all the ketchup and tartar sauce I slathered on everything. Again, @Edison Carter, I suggested ice cream to my Bride afterward, but she was not interested. :sad024:

I got my haircut last week, but I didn't say much about it. You just can't lay too much info on Joe at one time. The stress might cause him to load up on those Good 'n Fruity candies, and that would give him a stomach ache and do a number on his blood sugar. :rofl:

Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 6 others like this.
  11. wristwatchb

Yes, Paul. Actually she gives a fine haircut. I just didn't ask for one often enough. If we go to Florida this winter, I'll probably ask her to cut it for me while we're there.

Keithmax, JACarbone, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  12. wristwatchb

I actually do fine eating large portions, and I like to 'fill up' when I eat. I just have to make wiser food and exercise choices. In my case, I stopped eating a lot of bread, dairy, and junk food and incorporated more proteins, whole grains, fruits and veggies. I purchased a new pair of Oboz hiking boots yesterday and plan to put them to good use. :)

My Sister follows a Keto lifestyle, and she has been very successful in losing and maintaining her weight. She also has a personal trainer which is a big part of her fitness routine. She stayed with us for a week in Florida, and I never saw so much bacon, eggs, and cheese get cooked up for breakfast. I don't claim to understand how or why this lifestyle works, but I know that it does. I can get her to cheat, though...I just bring out the ice cream container and two bowls. :)

13. wristwatchb

Thanks Clint. I'm sorry about the rough shave today. I'm sure tomorrow will be better!

14. Trigger

Lol!

Hembree, wristwatchb and clint64 like this.
  15. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday’s Shave

WCS/CG Toothsome Razor
    Gillette Nacet (1)
    Hembree Delrin w/ 24mm Shave Forge Timberwolf
    Oleo Empire Shave Soap
    T.N.Dickinson’s Witch Hazel
    Oleo Empire Aftershave

Changing my razor routine, I decided on the WCS/CG Toothsome for today’s shave. I haven’t used it in a while, and although it’s supposed to have an intuitive built in cap design for achieving the best angle, it’s not quite so. Instead of holding the cap flat to the face (like some GEM SE razors), I feel the hair cuts best with the cap just slightly off the face. One aspect that is prominent to me is that the razor is VERY efficient with decent blade exposure, requiring close attention to be paid to the sound of the hairs being cut. There is a lot of chatter, which also leads me to believe the blade may not be held as rigidly as some other razors provide (like the Game Changer or Lupo). The end result: I ended up with some slight irritation and a few weepers on the lower neck. Perhaps a few more days reacquainting myself with this razor will get it back in line.

On a happier note, the Hembree Delrin brush did a fantastic job whipping up the Empire lather. The handle is a utilitarian look but also heavy and very user friendly, making it fun to use. The knot is very soft and could probably be better suited set deeper into the handle to give it some more backbone. Regardless, it was a joy to use today.

2 passes did the job today and I always enjoy the scent of the Empire set.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, b1hart, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Fine shave this morning. 0:50 to whip up the Razorock Tuscan Oud into good shape. No problems. Slow progression up NW Porcupine, but I have made that into a habit. I probably could have done better at the jawline, but I will tomorrow. The AgadirMen A.S. is looking bad-not the aftershave itself, but the cap has been loose for many uses now. It's a project, just keeping it still to get a good amount out. But the result is great-Oud Wood over Tuscan Oud. I'm sure I'll repurchase the Agadir when the time comes.. Super Duper Excellent.

brit, b1hart, Keithmax and 12 others like this.
  17. Trigger

May 30th Last shave for this month

Good afternoon guys!

Shavette Shave #266
    Dovo Shavette
    Personna Hairshaper Blades (16)
    Maggard/Hembree Synthetic Brush
    Elly's Wonder Shop Mysterium Paracelsus SS
    Pinaud Clubman Lilac Vegetal (The Veg) AS)
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's WH
    Whiskers: 28 hrs

20210529_215517.jpg

This was an interesting shave because I decided to do a single hand shavette shave using my dominant hand (right) for the very first time. I would not try this with a fresh blade, but since this blade had 15 shaves on it, I figured that it would be quite forgiving. Now that I got rid of Stirling Coconut Lime, it was time to use this soap. I haven't used it in awhile and it was time to do so today. Elly's Wonder Shop soap is easy to lather and it produces a nice, creamy, slick lather. It has a light floral scent that is not obtrusive. It is made in the Ukraine, but The Razor Co. has her soap in stock, unfortunately, this one is not in their inventory.
    I did 2 passes and did get a BBS - shave. Although I used my dominant hand, I found that using only one hand to shave is a little more difficult than using 2 hands, especially going with the grain on the left side of my face and against the grain on my right neck. However, I can't argue with my results. I slightly felt the alum on my neck, but I was not surprised. After the witch hazel application, I double-splashed the Veg to end this nice shave. Alas, I am stopping at 16 shaves with this hairshaper blade because I feel that it will be uncomfortable if I continued to shave with it. I am out of hairshaper blades so I have to go to Sally's Beauty Salon and pick up a box. Have a great Sunday guys!

brit, b1hart, Keithmax and 13 others like this.
  18. Trigger

Great shave Andrew! It is too bad about your irritaton and weeps. I just used my Maggard's/Hembree brush for this afternoon's shave. It really is a nice brush with a unique handle. I don't mind that the brush doesn't have more backbone because it lathers well just as it is. Have a nice day.

19. Trigger

:cool:

20. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

:rofl:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.