The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I shake my aftershaves, too. Yet only one of them(not a Stoylin)actually tells me right on the bottle to do that.

ezlovan, Frijolero and Edison Carter like this.
  2. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Love summer and nothing speaks summer to me more than Stirling. SOTD while anxiously awaiting my South Padre (my favorite of the trio)! I missed it last year so stocked up in case '21 is followed by another absence year. Thanks for bringing it back Rod.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

3. TommyCarioca

TommyCarioca Well-Known Member

Piacenza

My favorite flavor. Beautiful lather as usual.
    Hoping to have a Rive Gauche varietal soon. I made an additional wing to my house to store Rod's pux. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4. ezlovan

ezlovan Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Yes sir. All products in that scent.

5. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tuesday morning:

King C. Gillette Facial Wash
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 2
    Stirling Electric Sheep SS
    L’Oreal Barber Club ASB
    Bleu de Chanel Deodorant Stick
    Bleu de Chanel AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

What a magnificent looking brush this Yaqi Barber Pole is and what a lather maker it is. The Electric Sheep is a mutton tallow based soap and it smells so beautiful - the scent is a blend of citronella, lemon, and eucalyptus, the lather works up so easily, it becomes so rich, as well as slick, and the postshave feeling is so comfortable. The L’Oreal Barber Club balm is very moisturizing, the soothing sensation is great, and to me there’s nothing like the fragrance of Bleu de Chanel. Another picture perfect BBS shave that I really enjoyed!

Have a good day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Yehuda D

Thursday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Stirling Mentholated Pre Shave Soap
    Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 4
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint SS
    Stirling Glacial Spearmint ASB
    Master Splash Creations Frosted Spearmint AS Splash

Spearmint scented icicles in my face today - first with the Glacial Spearmint soap and balm followed by the Frosted Spearmint aftershave. Oh my goodness does that soap ever lather like a champ, the scent is so beautiful, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and thanks to the tallow formula it gives perfect skincare. The matching balm is so soothing as well as frigid, and the Frosted Spearmint aftershave has a magnificent scent also, not to mention how powerful the menthol sensation is. Three passes cleaned me up so beautifully - another tip top BBS shave!

Have a great day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Still a Stirling fanboy here.

FD0A45CD-A066-45A6-8F31-40097CE657F1.jpeg

8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

The weather turned warm for a couple weeks and I was ready to trade out my soaps and AS’s for the summer lineup, but then this week plummeted back into the high 30’s and low 40’s and WINDY. So I’ll keep working on killing my tub of Exec Man for now. It’s getting low, and will only be the third tub I’ve ever completely emptied because I have a soap acquisition disorder, and enough soaps to last almost indefinitely. Cleaning out a tub has an oddly sentimental feeling of victory.

Paul Turner, ezlovan, mtmac and 3 others like this.
  9. Yehuda D

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 11
    Stirling Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo SS
    Stirling Glacial Unscented ASB
    Osage Rub AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

No way can I get any smoother than this - three passes left me completely BBS. The Glacial Eskimo Tuxedo smells so gorgeous, it’s a beef tallow soap with awesome lather that’s so rich as well as slick, the menthol sensation is killer cold, and you can’t get better skincare. The Glacial Unscented balm gave me lots of extra freeze along with its soothing, moisturizing care, and the Rubby Dubby Doo froze the crap out of me. What a delightful shave!

Have a great day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

10. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Friday's Shave

RazoRock Lupo 72
    Voskhod (1)
    Omega Roma - Colosseum
    Stirling Glacial Satsuma Shaving Soap
    T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel
    Stirling Glacial Satsuma Aftershave

Today was my first run with the Glacial Satsuma set. What a fantastic scent and freezing menthol goodness!

SOTD 06.04.2021.jpg

Yehuda D, Frijolero, ezlovan and 4 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

Two Stoylins for Saturday's shave-Glacial Electric Sheep soap and the "li'l brudder" brush.

12. Yehuda D

Sunday morning’s Grand Freeze:

Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Schick day 7
    Stirling Glacial Black Cherry SS
    B&M Arctique AS Splash

This morning I wanted to show my Plissoft 26mm some love and I’m so happy that I did because it’s an awesome lather maker. It made the Glacial Black Cherry soap bury my face in rich, super slick, frigid, delightfully scented lather which also had brilliant postshave care. The Glacial Unscented balm kept the freeze going, its moisturising and soothing sensation is A1, not to mention how lethally cold the Arctique aftershave is and what a lovely scent it has. Another picture perfect BBS shave!

Have a nice Sunday - be well and safe!

[​IMG]

13. Yehuda D

Menthol Monday:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Schick day 8
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen SS
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen ASB
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

With the temperature expected to reach 35 Celsius today I took a very good decision to go all out with some of the strongest mentholated products I have. The Glacial Wintergreen soap, balm, and witch hazel did a great job of freezing my face and leaving it feeling fantastic. Another brilliant BBS shave!

Have a good week - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

14. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Menthol Monday!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Enrico, Frijolero and 5 others like this.
  15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Grabbed some stuff for a pleasant evening shave yesterday.

Not in picture, but I used Trumpers Lime Skin Food as a preshave.

A generous glob of the closest Stirling soap on hand was quickly rendered to a sloshy and finely aerated suds with the @jtspartan 2019 LE crew brush. I think this knot is supurb in the microbubbles department, but I’m going toeventually pull it and reset a little lower so it is not so floppy.

The ‘My Fine Steed’ v2 visited the ‘domed hones of iniquity’ and friends in the abrasive charged ‘bumpy balsa strop’ arena for a smooth improvement. I do like a little more time on hanging strops since I convexed the balsa.

A closer shave then usual with no alarms from alum, then a splash of Glacial Wintergreen WH. Great cooling, but a little too close to BenGay for me to buy more. Now if there was a Glacial Spearmint Witch Hazel, I’d be in.

Glacial Citron for the Glorious Stank of the night.

[​IMG]

ezlovan, Frijolero, Yehuda D and 4 others like this.
  16. Yehuda D

Friday morning:

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Schick day 12
    Stirling Gin & Tonic on the Rocks SS
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill ASB
    Master Splash Creations Citrus Melody AS Splash

I suppose I could classify this shave as a Grand Freeze because although the Gin & Tonic on the Rocks soap is not overwhelmingly cold like a Glacial it’s still pretty chilly and both the Glacial Lemon Chill balm as well as the Citrus Melody aftershave are two menthol atom bombs. The Schick blade is still performing well - it helped to get me as smooth as silk!

Have a great weekend - stay healthy and safe. I’m going today for my second Pfizer shot against covid.
    [​IMG]

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

June 13th
    Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2021
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
    Brush: Zenith boar
    Pre-shave: PAA Cube
    Soap: Stirling Boat Drinks
    PAA Galactic Witch Hazel
    Stirling Glacial Balm
    AS: Stirling Boat Drinks

Good morning!

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ezlovan, Droo78, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yaqi 30mm Barber Pole
    Super Speed/Astra Green day 4
    Stirling Glacial Margaritas in the Arctic SS
    Master Splash Creations Frosted Spearmint AS Splash
    Bleu de Chanel EdP

It’ll take almost all day for my face to thaw out after this intense menthol bombardment - the Glacial MITA soap has the same lovely citrusy/tropical scent and rich, super slick lather as the regular version but the menthol sensation is three times stronger. The postshave feeling is also the same - in other words it’s perfect. The Glacial Unscented balm gives such great moisturizing and soothing along with a boatload of menthol, and Fernando’s Frosted Spearmint aftershave is another menthol atom bomb. The Astra Green blade helped to ensure another easy peasy BBS shave that was so much fun!

Have a good day - be well and safe!
    [​IMG]

19. Paul Turner

You certainly choose the right brush for your shave :).

ezlovan, Frijolero and jluc like this.
  20. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I took a gamble on Boat Drinks and ordered a tub of soap, AS, body butter, and bath bar. I’m very glad that I did! It’s a perfect summer fragrance...........it’s intoxicating! :D

ezlovan, Yehuda D, Frijolero and 4 others like this.