Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 13th June

RR 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    P & B Spitfire
    Yaqi Raster V2- Ikon B/Dog handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 5 ]
    P & B Spitfire A/S splash

With time to spare this morning and not trying to get on the road, I was a bit slower and more deliberate with my strokes.As a result It was a far smoother Shave with avery pleasing close finish.

IMG_1524.jpg

GAW9576, Droo78, brit and 4 others like this.
  2. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Monday 14th June
    Schick G1 (Jayaruh'd)
    Schick Proline B #5

[​IMG]

GAW9576, Tedolph, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  3. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 14, 2021
    OREN
    Feather Pro
    Thäter Boar
    Godrej Menthol Mist Shave Cream
    Myrsol Antesol
    Guerlain Habit Rouge EdT

[​IMG]

GAW9576, Tedolph, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Kiss My Face Shave Cream
    Jayaruh #144
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional AC
    Osage Rub

The Kiss My Face Shave Cream lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk razor with a Feather Professional AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

GAW9576, clint64, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday, June 14th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior bar- Mfg 1907-11, excellent tame mid range razor, great carefree shave today, I get a lot of performance with a fairly new blade from this work of art razor. Good daily driver IMO.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) Very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable blade.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice light Tabaco scent with vanilla scent + excellent lather conditions.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow soft tips, great scrub + great lather painter. 24 mm is a good size knot or smaller for a badger, this brush is not a lather hog IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap with a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]Excellent shave with my Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
    MMMonday, June 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, clint64, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 14th June

Cyril Salter / MS- Ed2band
    Officina Artigiana soap
    Yaqi Raster V2 - Bull Dog handle
    Kai CT Protouch MG [ 6 ]
    Officina Artigiana A/S Lotion

I definitely prefer the Yaqi AC/SE with a heavier handle such as the Ikon used today. Felt very balanced and worked a treat with the good lather from The Officina, an excellent close finish attained with ease.

IMG_1526.jpg

Electrif, GAW9576, brit and 6 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

June 15, 2021
    OREN
    Feather Pro
    Thäter Boar
    AOS Bergamot & Neroli
    Shave Cream & Aftershave Balm
    WSP Citron Solid Cologne

[​IMG]

Droo78, Electrif, GAW9576 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    sos210615.JPG
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #144
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    Tabac AS

The Tabac Shave Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk razor with a Feather Professional AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Tabac AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Droo78, MPF9, Electrif and 6 others like this.
  9. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 15th june

RR Syn.22mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    Yaqi Raster V2-Ikon handle
    Kai CT Prtouch MG [ 7 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/s lotion

Another good quality shave with The Raster fitted with the Kai Guarded blade.

IMG_1527.jpg

Droo78, Electrif, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

A.S.Razor shave, Tue, June 15th 2021-(Synthetic-Summer brush, June)

Razor: Gem push-button-MFG 1958-65, excellent razor, tame mid range, one of the nicest looking razors Gem made. Great daily driver for some folks. One of my favorites in the early stages of a new blade usage .
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (3) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely + predictable.
    Soap: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore, nice mild vanilla light smoke scent + excellent lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm Cashmere knot, use this daily for over 2 years using CeraVe hand bar soap + once in a while like to use it with my shave soap lathering also. Hard brush to beat for daily use, very gentle around the eye area when face washing. This brush gets better with more use for softness. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, nicest gentle scrub + great lather painter. This brush turned me into a Yaqi Fanboy with the 24mm Cashmere knot & Tuxedo knots.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
    Post shave: Razorock Santa Marie del Fiore with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Gem push button with a Gem coated blade.
    ASR shave Tue, June 15th 2021.jpg
    Have some great shaves!

11. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Another great shave with the Weck surgical prep on loan from from a friend. The head takes a little getting used to with the width but the handle is super comfortable. I wish I could find something like this in an injector razor. Overall a very nice razor though. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for a decent price on one.

IMG_15062021_131823_(1000_x_1000_pixel).jpg

12. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

Can you please comment on the scent of the Cella Blue?
    It's not like I need to buy anymore soaps but I love Cella red.
    I am asking for a friend.

clint64 likes this.
  13. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

It's a mild clean scent. And I like it. I love the red but this doesn't smell anything like the red. I would have to smell it again and concentrate on it to give a better answer as to what it actually smells like.

Tedolph likes this.
  14. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

I experienced a first tonight. A shave with an AC style SE razor. The RazoRock Hawk V2 in electric blue color, from the box in the Magical Traveling Box Mystery Tour 2021.

In the RR Hawk V2, I used a Feather Professional blade also courtesy of the Box. Also used was an unused amber/apple juice color handle synthetic brush and Stirling Soap Company R4L Special Edition soap - again both which came from the Box.

First I'll say I changed the handle to the heavier black and chrome handle seen in the pictures and which again, I also got from the Box (whomever put that black and chrome handle in the Box, please tell me what razor it was originally part of). I learned on the first pass that the Hawk V2 handle is just too light for my liking. Now moving along with the heavier handle, the only descriptor is WHOA!

Probably the finest, smoothest shave I have ever experienced in 12 years wet shaving. I literally can't stop touching my face and neck. Smoother than polished granite, in every direction - WTG, ATG, up, down, sideways...! I've gotten shaves from other razors that were almost this close to perfection but perfection actually happened tonight. Whoa! Wow! Whoa and Wow!

Also, that Stirling R4L soap is fantastic. Love the scent. Great lather and lubrication. The Jody-approved.
    IMG_20210615_231726a.jpg IMG_20210615_231737b.jpg

Droo78, MPF9, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  15. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Wednesday 16th June
    General Aluminium
    Schick Proline P #5

[​IMG]

James Kleinkauf, Droo78, MPF9 and 5 others like this.
  16. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Awesome

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

IAmTheJody, clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  17. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Almost an unmentionable shave. That razor is really close to cart garbage. But gives a good enough shave.
    02A30EDA-1334-4F57-B156-A49FB121ABFA.jpeg

18. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have used one of those with the original handle. It did a good job I agree. For a new fangled thingie.

cliffb599, clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Something with that handle?

cliffb599, clint64 and GAW9576 like this.
  20. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Williams Mug Soap
    Jayaruh #144
    Razorock Black Hawk
    Feather Professional
    Florida Water

The Williams Mug Soap lathered well with the Jayaruh #144 Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Razorock Black Hawk razor with a Feather Professional AC Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Florida Water. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.