Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by LCBurt, Jun 11, 2021.

1. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

Hello everyone! I have been following a few forums looking for info and decided to actually join one.

Been using a DE for a while but really not doing a very good job with it so I started watching some video's and lurking on some sights like this one and had my first really good wet shave last night.

Figured I would share it with someone who might appreciate it. I told my wife and she listened patiently and smiled politely but I'm pretty sure she was wondering why I was making a big deal about something I do every couple days. :)

Good Shaving everyone!

awk-m4, brit, wristwatchb and 3 others like this.
  2. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Welcome aboard.
    You’re never too far from Maggard Razors in Adrian.
    It’s well worth the trip.

PLANofMAN, LCBurt and Enrico like this.
  3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi! Glad you're here!

LCBurt likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    LCBurt likes this.
  5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Have fun on your journey.

LCBurt likes this.
  6. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

Thanks guys. Appreciate the warm welcome.

Yeah I'm already planning the trip to maggards. There are a few soaps I would like to give the old smell test to before I buy. I would also like to look into some aftershave items and I know less than nothing about that.

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @LCBurt from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us here at TSD. Make sure you look in to the Stirling Soap Company ..... top notch soap, AS ,and EDT. I'm glad you got yourself a nice brush with the Simpson Trafalgar. Careful this is quite the rabbit hole you've found with the razors (DE, SE, straights), soaps, brushes, AS, EDT, mugs, bowls, and etc.

:eatdrink047:

LCBurt and Edison Carter like this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    LCBurt likes this.
  9. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

It's funny you should mention Stirling. I came across the name when I was doing research for the new brush and and it seems that are held in high regard for having an exceptional product at a very reasonable price. I'm thinking Executive Man and Deep Blue Sea are on my short list. There are a few "classics" that I can't wait to try as well like Tabac, Proraso and Mitchell's. It feels like I have taken the first few steps of a long journey.

Edison Carter and wristwatchb like this.
  10. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Welcome @LCBurt!

Check out the 30 Day/Rule Focus thread. Plenty of good folks there that will help you learn and practice solid technique. Watch out for the shenanigans, though. ;)

Have fun!

LCBurt and Edison Carter like this.
  11. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

LCBurt likes this.
  12. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Welcome from another Michigander.

LCBurt likes this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome.:)

LCBurt likes this.
  14. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

brit and LCBurt like this.
  15. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

I have a question about the 30 day rule. I am very interested in participating as I think that would be a great way start developing my technique. Since it is already half way through the month would it be considered bad form to start the 30 day rule now and continue into June, or should I just wait a couple weeks and start in the June thread?

Thanks, I really appreciate the kindness and courtesy everyone has shown me and am very much looking forward the the Shenanigans!:git:

16. Edison Carter

Start anytime

Droo78, brit and LCBurt like this.
  17. LCBurt

LCBurt Member

Great! I have a couple things that should be arriving by Wednesday, I will start then.

wristwatchb, Droo78 and brit like this.
  18. Edison Carter

Awesome. It greatly helped me.
    BTW, I’m Bill

19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

:signs011:

wristwatchb, LCBurt and Edison Carter like this.
  20. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie. Glad you are aboard.