Which safety have you used the longest?

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by gorgo2, Jun 15, 2021.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Razors come and go, we all know that. Sometimes you sell one and never think of it again. Years later you wonder what you ever saw in it.

Other times you immediately regret parting with one; within a week you're trying to scrounge another just like it.

Then maybe there's one you just can't let go of because you enjoy it too much...could be looks, rarity, performance or all of the above.

For you, which razor would that be? Not one you've merely owned or displayed the longest but the old timer that you do shave with, even if occasionally? I s'pose it could be more than one, if you insist.

Me: the resurrected Ranger Tech thread reminded me that I've had a Clix EZ-Flo on hand and in rotation pretty consistently for (gasp!) about 10 years. That's the record holder for me.

2. brit

brit in a box

my flat plate rocket/aristocrat jr is the one i've used the longest,only 4+ years in but was my first decent purchase.

3. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    My WCS 175S.
    175 gram handle... an absolute beat of a razor.
    Requires reverse pressure it's so darn heavy.
    I just can't get rid of it... maybe because I wouldn't want to pay to ship it lol!

4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

The two razors I still have and use since 10 years now is my 1938 Gillette Senator and my 1976-1980 Schick Classic injector (also known as the Schick "Paul Revere" but was never marketed with that name - officially marketed as the Schick Classic With Pistol Grip Handle).

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I have a 1910ish Gem Jr. Bar that I have had over 10 years now. Stays in the rotation. It was a gift and is a favorute.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I got one a few years back from a member here, it's what I've been using most often.

Ijustmissedthe50s and IAmTheJody like this.
  7. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

My Weber DLC. Got it when they were first released and never looked back. For me it's a great razor

8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

AHHHHHHHHH...:rolleyes005: you almost got me.
    I almost fell for another, "What's your favorite....?"
    Nope. Ain't gonna get me, no matter how hard you try and phrase the question :happy102:

I don't do favorites! :prrr:

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

No no no, good sir! Just the one you've used the longest. It could be one that you...um...hate...I guess. It doesn't HAVE to be, you know, your favorite... :innocent

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and Enrico like this.
  10. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

The first one I bought is a Gillette Slim and I still have it. And after starting to get cases for my loose razors, I still haven't found a seller that'll sell one at a decent price.

Ijustmissedthe50s, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Just so happens my first razor was a Gillette slim ..... my least liked razor. Every so often I shave with it to remind me why I don't like it. Funny thing is I really like my Black Beauty. :signs002:

My 1958 Fatboy, 1973 Brazilian Mono-Tech and my gray eagle Eversharp Schick Krona are gonna stay with me.

:eatdrink013:

12. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

I also have a Brazilian Mono-Tech/Aristocrat. Shaves great and I like the way the handle is.

13. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

My longest serving razor? A gold Postwar NDC BET.

14. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

One of my first 5 razors, and I still shave with it often.

IMG_20210509_120544888.jpg

15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I look at it as the poor man's #58

:eatdrink013: