Hello y'all

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Genie H., Jun 21, 2021.

1. Genie H.

Genie H. New Member

I joined mostly because my husband, 120inna55, was in your community. It's like keeping up with a part of him. Honestly, I will be selling a lot of his collection, and I wanted to find a forum that will give me accurate, truthful information on items before I sell them. I know it's kind of a big deal when you score a razor on the cheap because the person doesn't know what they have. I am hoping y'all can help me avoid that.

Thanks for being his friend.

--G

2. Genie H.

Genie H. New Member

I just realized that I won't be able to adhere to the rule of making the specified number of relevant posts. Sorry about that.

Again, thank you for being his friend.

--G

Jorvaljr and Enrico like this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I was very sorry to hear about the passing of your husband. He was a well-liked and respected member of this shaving community.

4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Hi Genie. So sorry for your loss.
    As for getting a guestimate on value for collection, look on ebay at the SOLD items.
    As I'm sure you know, ASKING prices and SELLING prices can be quite different.

Jorvaljr, Genie H. and brit like this.
  5. Genie H.

Genie H. New Member

I know that some people will purchase a used puck of soap. Is that something that can be sold on ebay?

Enrico and brit like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

Hello Genie,I am most sorry for your loss.Matt was a true gentleman here and and outstanding contributor and photographer.I was in awe of his beautiful images he produced and his coaching and encouragement helped myself and many others to improve ours.He will be missed and remembered.My sincere condolences.
    As for prices Ebay would give an indication on sold items.all items can be sold there but prices aren't guaranteed.some one on one of the many forums Matt was on may help you as well.

Tim Spencer and Genie H. like this.
  7. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Hello Genie.

Matt’s skills in writing an photography were amazing and a tremendous contribution to us here.

My deepest sympathies to you on this tragic loss.

May you be comforted and strengthened from above in these difficult times.

Genie H. likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

@Genie H. I am very sorry for your loss, but I think it's wonderful that you reached out to a part of your husband's life that he enjoyed. I hope you stay with us that we can get to know you as we did your husband.

God bless and my prayers are for you and yours.

:)

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to TSD @Genie H. So glad you are joining us. We all miss Matt, too.

[​IMG]

Tim Spencer and Edison Carter like this.
  10. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

I don't venture out of the shower/shave of the day part of the forum much. I had no idea that Matt passed away. I noticed he stopped posting but never thought at his age. His pictures were the best out of the entire forum in terms of lighting, quality. He could do product ad photos for this stuff IMO. I had a few private messages exchanged with him. I feel pretty down right now. I will miss him.

Edison Carter likes this.
  11. Chappy_Stan

Chappy_Stan Well-Known Member

I only recently joined TSD so did not know Matt. Sounds like I missed a great guy! I'd still like to offer my condolences for your loss and comfort in your sorrow. Don't be a stranger as I'm sure many will converse with you about probably anything. Best wishes and look forward to your postings.

IAmTheJody and Edison Carter like this.