for your consideration and generosity

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Aaron Mayer, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Aaron Mayer

Aaron Mayer New Member

Hello guys, asking for help. Recently became disabled, double leg amputee. I'm wanting to start a business. But recently lost my entire collection . My passion i would like to pursue. Is making wood canes and sharpening/refurbishing knives. and other blades by hand. As well as learning jewelry making, leather working and engraving. If anyone has any old stones or blades or tools. That they would be willing to donate. I would be extremely thankful. Not looking for a handout but a hand up. As we say in Texas.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2021
    Enrico likes this.
  2. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Enrico likes this.
  3. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Hello Aaron and welcome to TSD. You'll find the members here very generous, but they may wish to get to know you a bit better, before they start sending you things. Post your shaves, ask shaving-related questions, in other words, become a member of the community first.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @Aaron Mayer from here in western NY. Glad you decided to join us here at TSD. From the sounds of it, you're not afraid of work and you'll do very well.

:eatdrink013:

Paul Turner likes this.
  5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome aboard!!
    As mentioned, shaving is the name of the game here, although other games and shenanigans have been known to take place.

Sounds like www.allaboutpocketknives.com would be more up your alley. There they talk knives of all sorts, sharpening, even talk about carving and walking sticks. Check 'em out. Great bunch of folks over there.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
    Queen of Blades and Enrico like this.
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to TSD @Aaron Mayer . Glad to have you here. Let us know more about you.

[​IMG]

7. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Welcome from Alabama the Heart of Dixie! Glad to have you aboard.

8. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

9. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

I hesitate to say this, but....
    walking into a social club as a new member and then soliciting donations is probably not the best way to start off.

10. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

He just cut to the chase. Didn't want to waste any time trying to find out if TSD was a viable route for him.
    I didn't sense any rudeness, so I say no harm, no foul.

But that's me.