Tell me something about Tcheon Fung Shing

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Jorvaljr, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

IMG_7957.jpg

So i saw this brick of soap but im not that familiar with the brand. I know italian barber sells TFS soaps but thats about it. What do you know and in particular this specific soap pictured. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Only what I see on line ..... sound like a very nice soap. Very basic ingredients, which I like in a soap.

:eatdrink047:

Slipperyjoe, Frijolero, brit and 2 others like this.
  3. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

Connaught shaving from Britain sell it very cheap in the Kilo size.A simple good performing shaving soap like Cella.......about 75 percent as good!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

4. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

So is it almond scented like cella?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit likes this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I'm a long-time fan, myself. They're not quite top tier, but very good performers. Slick, easy to lather, croap, not fussy about my hard water. If you demand post-shave skin care from your soaps, then you may not be impressed. I leave that to post-shave products, so not a problem for me.

Scent is where they really stand out. Every one that I've tried was outstanding. And all original scents, I believe. Not one Creed knock off that I'm aware of.

Yes, I'm pretty sure that the big brick you're looking at is almond scent. Probably on the light side.

danbuter, Enrico and brit like this.
  6. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I believe that TFS actually partners with Italian Barber to produce some of the Italian Barber soaps. I find them to be on par with the Italian Barber soaps I have tried. Very usable, not fussy, nice scents as shared above.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

7. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

I've used several TFS croaps and hard soaps in the past and liked them well enough. The scents are generally light and mild. I've been thinking about picking up a kg of the Rasozero at some point which comes in lemon, tobacco or eucalyptus flavors.

Frijolero, Ijustmissedthe50s and brit like this.
  8. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

Very good simple formula Italian shave soap!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

9. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

"Tell me something about Tcheon Fung Shing"
    It's very hard to pronounce.
    :happy102::happy097::happy102::happy097:

I'm going to go color, now.
    Where'd I put my crayons??

10. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

I have a few TFS soaps and enjoy them very much. Very simple ingredients and perform very nicely.

11. brit

brit in a box

it's nice stuff.i have 3 of them..great soap for the $$ if you like euro products..:cool:

12. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

OK, i get to ask the stupid question. Why does an Italian product have a Chinese name?

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

About Tcheon Fung Sing:

This name which is so difficult to pronounce is the name of the founder, a brave man, who was born in China and arrived in Italy in 1930. During the war he was interned in a prisoner-of-war camp and after World War II he married an Italian woman. With his wife, he decided to found this company and using his knowledge in the field of soapmaking, he began to produce shaving soaps.
    On October 7,1951, Tcheon Fung Sing won the Gold Medal for shaving products during the first Turin fair. The shaving soap production continued through the decades and was handed down through three generations. The first one to carry on this business was Tcheon Fung Sing's daughter, Gabriella Tcheon, and now his grand-daughter, Paola Barile runs the operation. It is quite incredible that two women continued innovating and producing a very masculine product: shaving soap! From the origins to now, T.F.S. has respected the ancient knowledge of the founder, using original formulas and producing shaving soaps using only vegetable based raw materials. The duration of those soaps, produced without preservatives, is guaranteed by the handmade production. Tcheon Fung Sing continues to innovate under the leadership of the expert and skilled soapmaker, Paola Barile, who is taking the company forward into the future by constantly innovating and creating new products.

:eatdrink013:

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Cool!

brit and Jorvaljr like this.
  15. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I have had several TFS soaps, both under their own brand name and under the Razorock name. I find there to be a difference in their different bases. The straight vegan formula (didn't find a difference between their own and razorock) wasn't a good performer for me. The base with lanolin added was better. I had it in Mastro Miche 4-5 years ago or so. The matching splash was a good product as well. Their 'Super Tallow' formula they made for Razorock was their best, imho. I had their Boellis Panama and Green Irish Tweed dupes in it. I'm not sure they make any soaps in that anymore, fwiw.

I understand that they are making the new Fine soaps as well, but can't comment as I haven't tried them.

16. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

It helps to just call it T.F.S...

Jorvaljr and Frijolero like this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

The hard soaps they had before their "Linea Intenso" were great. Sadly discontinued already long ago.

Why do manufacturers assume we all want scent powerhouses?

(says the guy who likes Tabac ;) )

18. Campion

Campion Active Member

TFS also sell some soaps under the Mondial label- green tobacco comes to mind, as does a Bergamot scented soap. Some of TFS' after shaves are outstanding.

19. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

BTW, last week I received a tub of TFS Corte Sabauda ... I was not disappointed!

Ijustmissedthe50s and Frijolero like this.