Should I Shave My Head?

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by notyrbackgroundtune, Jul 22, 2021.

1. notyrbackgroundtune

notyrbackgroundtune New Member

Hi, I'm looking for some advice.

I have longish hair right now, and in a few weeks I'm going to get it cut short (to a length I've had before). After having short hair for a while, I'm planning to shave my head for the first time.

However, I've been thinking should I save money and just shave my head instead of first getting a haircut?

battle.munky, Zykris and brit like this.
  2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

First, welcome aboard.
    Next, that's completely for you to decide. If you follow the advice of someone who says shave it and you don't like it, you're thinking, "Boy, that was dumb advice." If you follow the advice of someone who says not to shave it, you're thinking, "Hmmm... I wonder..." and you always will.
    Follow your own choices on this one.
    Good thing - it grows back.

3. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Well....
    Only do a one pass if you use a blade.
    It might look odd because it is lighter than your face.
    In time your skin will darken, or you can hurry it up in a tanning bed.
    Be careful, you will get sun burnt easy, even in a tanning bed.

I shave both head and face every day.
    I use a DE or a SE razor.
    The same one I use to shave the face.

tp

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Obviously the choice is completely yours and hair will grow back. But, you may also want to consider enjoying hair for the time that you have it. You can always shave your head when you begin to lose the battle. Also to consider, that at your age people might think you have a serious health problem if you shave your head.

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I’d go short. Then shorter. Then shorter, etc.

Then if you decide to shave. The trip back won’t take as long.

6. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Skip the haircut and shave it. You’ll need money for razor blades if you decide to keep it shaved.

A little facial hair will keep people from thinking you’re having chemotherapy.

battle.munky, Edison Carter and brit like this.
  7. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

If you are not going bald, do not shave your head. The maintenance will be a nightmare!

battle.munky likes this.
  8. battle.munky

battle.munky Has the menthol.munky on his back!

I say do it! If you've never done it you don't even know if you like it that way or not and if you find you don't care for it you are only a ballcap and a motnh away from never looking back. If you never do you will never know.

9. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

If you're asking, then the answer is yes, try it for a few weeks.

10. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

One thing you haven’t said is how light or dark your skin is. If you are very fair-skinned, you need to take care to avoid sunburns on your head. My husband can tell you just how much they hurt. If this applies to you, perhaps you might do your first head shave in cooler weather.

If your skin is on the dark side, go ahead & don’t worry too much about the season. As others have said, it will grow back if you don’t like it.

battle.munky likes this.
  12. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Do what you want, hair grows back at least until it doesn't....

I have a full head of hair but been shaving my head the better part of the last 3 decades. I got a good pair of clippers and do it weekly, less during the winter.

I have used a razor in the past, but it was too much effort for me to do it regularly.

Just stay away from the razor after drinking some Tequila.... You may prune your eyebrows or something fun like that...

battle.munky, Dave in KY and Terry like this.
  13. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

FB_IMG_1617926446331.jpg
    tp