Personna Blades

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Hercule, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Hercule

Hercule Active Member

I'm quite excited to have stumbled on to what might be the perfect blade for my Game Changer .84P - Personna Platinum Chrome. Unfortunately, I did it with a vintage blade - from an old 5-blade dispenser, the kind you slide the blade out of with your thumb. The blades themselves are not brand marked but have "Platinum Chrome" and "made in USA." on them. The USA part isn't all that legible. Actually, I'm deducing they're Platinum based on images of original packaging. I'm new to the blade game, so are modern Persona Platinum Chromes the same?

lightcs1776 likes this.
  2. feeltheburn

feeltheburn Well-Known Member

If the ones you have are US made (and from your description I believe they are), then no the current Platinum Chrome blades aren't the same. They might still be worth trying but they're made in Germany now. Those US made blades went out of production probably close to 10 years ago. If you can find US made Personna blades, they're not platinum coated anymore but they're still really good IMO. I hear they're getting harder to find but haven't been looking for them myself in a long time since I have a good stockpile.

3. Hercule

Hercule Active Member

Somehow it figures. I'll savor the ones I have and continue to research options. I really don't want to hunt vintage blades. Thank you for hour insight.

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. chazt

chazt Methuselah Shaver

Connaught had the Israeli and the German made Personna Platinum Chrome blades in stock, last I looked. Robbins Instruments is the place to go for Med Preps.