Rocnel Sailor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by LOOT, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Cliff Wegner

Cliff Wegner New Member

Hey @LOOT and/or anyone else. Have you disassembled your 2021 Sailor? Looking down the shaft for a nut, I don't see a slot. There might be a hex on the end there, but I can't tell yet, and I'm not at home to explore. Any insight?

2. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Welcome!
    He disassembled the razor back on page 1.

snuff likes this.
  3. Cliff Wegner

Cliff Wegner New Member

Hey @swarden43, Thanks for the welcome! The one that @LOOT disassembled above was the 2017, I believe. I was asking specifically about the 2021 edition, since it appears to have a few small engineering differences and/or tool type requirements. Murat said "The entire product can be disassembled. However, it should be done by a professional technician." I'm trying to figure it out.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
    snuff likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Gotcha, Cliff. And no doubt shrugging off the "should only be done by a professional technician" and tackling it yourself, you're gonna do fine! :eatdrink047:

5. Cliff Wegner

Cliff Wegner New Member

Ha! I’ll make that decision after I better understand the build. Even if I don’t attempt it, I’m interested to just know.

6. Cliff Wegner

Cliff Wegner New Member

My best guess at this point re: 2021 disassembly is that the small metal dot that is the marker for adjustment is a holding screw/bolt that sits in a recessed channel on the shaft of the piece that you turn to adjust. That holds it together. Once removed, then, it disassembles like @LOOT demonstrated with the earlier model, with a nut dropped in to hold the baseplate, compressing the springs to a default. I think this, because the base plate and springs have no impact on the travel of the adjustment knob/shaft. Which makes sense. Then, the cap connects to the adjustment shaft to compress the springs further, as desired. So it could be just like the disassembly that @LOOT did, but with a new element, the marker dot, holding that knob/shaft piece in place, making it a “two piece” razor instead of “three.” I don’t have a tool to really grab and turn that marker dot with force, without scuffing it. But this is my theory at the moment.

LOOT and snuff like this.
  7. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Added another one. The 2021 Master Collection #01.

The other razor is 2021 Prototype #3.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

8. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Beautiful! Congrats!

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

Edison Carter and LOOT like this.
  9. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Cliff...apologies for the delay. I will tell you what I know about the 2021. My prototype to be specific.

The handle to head connection is made with Loctite 480.

Here are some photos of the process to reassemble the head to the handle.

With the handle off, you pop the little button out. From there, you are on your own. Take photos and document what you do. Please.

You can release the 480 with a heat gun at that connection. Or use very hot water like me.

I put mine right back together but next time it happens, I will likely pull the pin and see it it explodes. :)

Hope this helps.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    With any project such as this, I recommend that you do your disassembly inside a clear plastic bag. This has proved remarkably effective at stopping spring launched parts from visiting the nether bowels of hell, never to be seen again. Also great for containing ball bearing mishaps.

Edison Carter and IAmTheJody like this.
  11. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Soooo many things come to mind at that price point, but a new razor isn't one of them.

12. Cliff Wegner

Cliff Wegner New Member

Thanks @LOOT And, thanks for the pics on DFS as well!

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'd be willing to spend more than that on a used razor.

...depends on the razor, though.