August 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Will you include an Adjustable and Arko in your shaves this month?

1. Yes! I am a committed Arko and Adjustable shaver.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No! If I am going to shave with something smelly, I'll use Tabac.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Adjustable, Yes! Arko, No way, José.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Adjustables are for kids.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Love me some Arko, yes, yes, YES!!!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  6. The only time I will use Arko, is grated on ice cream.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Just fabulous all round Jeff

2. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Superb shave Clint

Hembree, brit, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  3. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Most excellent shave Joe.

Hembree, brit, jgreenepa and 2 others like this.
  4. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Another fine shave Danny. Interesting flaw in the razor. I wonder if it is just that razor or a problem with multiple razors?

5. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff.

6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Jeff! I get a kick out of shaving with my big, big blades.

7. Trigger

Excellent shave, pic and post Joe! Enjoy your date nights with the missus!

8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

3rd August 2021.

14.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Blue's Shaving Soap.
    Blade: Chinese Gillette Super Blue. (D3)
    Razor: Pearl SBF-11 TTO.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. + 3 Menthol Crystals, Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Cien Aqua ASL./Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Third outing with the Chinese super blue blade, which still performed wonderfully with no dulling issues.

Each time i use blue's shaving soap, the outcome of the shave has always good, this morning was no exception...The soap s doesn't have much of scent, but it's performance, & post shave feel are amazingly good. 'However, i have mentioned before i won't buy it again as the price has more than trebled from some seller since i last bought it' for a little extra i could buy MWF or the new Cella Bio... I still recommend anyone who is curious to give a try though.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Nivea Men Sensitive Cooling PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  9. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Tuesday August 3, 2021
    Razor: J A Henckels Rapide
    Blade: Gem SS (?)
    Brush: Graydog Quilt
    Soap: Talbot Cades Cove
    AS 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
    AS 2: MAOL Cades Cove
    Fragrance: Penhaligon's Opus 1870
    Consecutive Daily Shaves - # 1000

Shave #1000 without missing a shave. As I stated before I believe I am MUCH further than that, but this is what I could state that was documented. As a daily shaver it will go up for sure and is just a marker. Next marker would be the 3 year mark of @1095 I guess (not sure if there is a leap year involved. GREAT shave with the products and tools selected. Have a Stellar day Folks !!!

IMG_20210802_212649813.jpg

Hembree, IAmTheJody, brit and 6 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Joe!:)

Hembree and Trigger like this.
  11. jgreenepa

Great shave, Photo and summary as usual! Hope all is going well at the mill, and things overall are good in Limeyland! Have a great day! :)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Great kit and shave, Dave! I’ve always admired that Graydog brush! Enjoy your day! :)

Hembree, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  13. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Thanks Jeff, you too !

14. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Joe and good luck on your surgery.

15. jgreenepa

0BB3568C-FD32-450B-8CF8-DBF15FC4F34F.jpeg
    SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, AUGUST 3, 2021

Today’s shave is in response to some mean-spirited PM’s received on FB messenger from an individual accusing me of being an elitist guerilla marketer based on my use of complete product names in my posts. As a retiree of almost 12 years I have no commercial connections of any sort with any of the products I shave with other than as a happy consumer. As to that individual, I would urge him to seek help with his anger management problems. And to answer his question, yes, I can get as good a shave from a Gold Dollar straight as from any of my razors. And just to prove my point, I shaved my mug this morning with a Gold Dollar from Slash McCoy of Crescent City Razors expertly honed by the latter on films. It shaved just fine when I received it a year or so ago, but after a touch up on my new 9 Ball Italian slate with a finish on the 4-sided pasted Constroption, and roo-skin bench strop, the shave was amazingly sweet, three slow luxurious passes gliding along on the lovely MWF lather carpet laid down by my Viking Silvertip Badger brush.

Given that part of theme for August here at TSD is “Adjustable August” I decided to shave with the 2nd version of the new Parker Adjustable Injector razor. I used to own a Vintage Pal Adjustable Injector, but there was something about that particular razor that never sat quite right for me. I never cut myself with it, but always came away with irritated skin. The new Parker Adjustable is an unabashed clone of the Pal, but the dome shave it delivered was excellent. I loaded one of the Parker blades that came with the razor and had a really excellent two pass ATG noggin shave. The question I ask myself is whether my safety razor technique at the time, about two years ago, wasn’t up to snuff, or whether I just ended up with a lemon. In any case, the alum check revealed no hot spots, just an oh-so-smooth surface to go with my great mug shave. I feel cool, clean and positively velveteen!

RAZOR: Gold Monkey 666 5/8 (Dome), Parker Adjustable Injector (Dome)
    BLADE: Parker Injector
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  16. matthewoli98

matthewoli98 Well-Known Member

My SOTD setup for the past month or so.
    Fantastic slickness and post shave skin care from the bundubeard rooi afrikaaner with its super high tallow content and prep aftershave balm combo. The derby extra started off quite tuggy, they aren't really the sharpest blades out there, but they smoothed out a lot by the third use, surprised I managed to get 12 uses out of this blade.

Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
    Brush Yaqi Sagrada familia
    Blade: derby extra (1-12)
    Soap: bundubeard rooi afrikaaner
    Aftershave balm: prep[​IMG]

Sent from my M2010J19SG using Tapatalk

17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

I was having trouble getting motivated this morning. Apparently my body is wanting to join the MOLC but duty calls so out the door to work.

Sorry....no picture today. For some reason I forgot to get one this morning.

Essence by Tedelus
    Feather Pro Guard (4)
    Razorock 400 synthetic brush
    Tabac shave soap
    Royal Copenhagen cologne

Very nice Tabac lather this morning. I thought I had added too much water but I finally ending up with some awesome thin Tabac lather.

Another nice run with the Essence. Two on the cheeks and three on the neck with no blood loss and very little feedback from the alum.

A little witch hazel followed by the Royal Copenhagen and this one was finished up.

Danny's tip for today's shave....STRETCH THAT SKIN. If you are a newbie or an oldie to open blade shaving skin stretching is a must.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable Tuesday!

18. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Jeff...The Mill is still running it's course, nothing changed ,nothing gain. Everything is Hunky Dory at the moment in Limeyland. Take care my friend, and enjoy your week. :cool:

19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Aaaah, it was just a dry heat spell(low to zero humidity). That leads to chilly nights. Confusing times here in Weirdweatherchusetts. Sweatshirt-what'll they think of next?

Hembree, JACarbone, brit and 2 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Wonderful shave Barry! It is a shame the stuff you use is not available in the States. Enjoy your day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.