August 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Jul 31, 2021.

?

Will you include an Adjustable and Arko in your shaves this month?

1. Yes! I am a committed Arko and Adjustable shaver.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No! If I am going to shave with something smelly, I'll use Tabac.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Adjustable, Yes! Arko, No way, José.

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  4. Adjustables are for kids.

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  5. Love me some Arko, yes, yes, YES!!!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  6. The only time I will use Arko, is grated on ice cream.

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice shave, Joseph.

JACarbone, Primotenore and jgreenepa like this.
  2. Trigger

Nice shave, Bill. I would say that refreshing your blade on a pasted strop was the deciding factor.

3. Trigger

Nice session, Barry.

4. Trigger

:)

JACarbone, Paul Turner and jgreenepa like this.
  5. ischiapp

ischiapp New Product Bloodhound

SOTD 20210829 Spedito
    by IschiaPP @ Forio
    •••
    Proraso Rosso Emolliente & Nutriente
    Schiuma da barba per barbe dure
    ---
    Gillette Fusion5 Power
    ---
    Gillette Fusion ProGlide Power #335
    •••
    #Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
    #ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
    #SafetyRazor #MultiBlade #HiTech

[​IMG]

Full size:
    https://imgur.com/CyFNMyI
    Soundtrack:
    Rush Hour - Mark Mancina (Speed, OST)

6. Trigger

Super Sunday shave, Joseph.

JACarbone, Primotenore and jgreenepa like this.
  7. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

8F3F4D9C-6133-46F7-B3D7-3BCCDA77E832.png
    SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, AUGUST 29, 2021

This morning’s shave featured my Herder 49 15/16 (Mug) and my LeCoq Cagehead (Noggin). The Friedrich Herder “Ace of Spades” dates to the 1920s and thus is about 100 yrs old. It’s a fantastic shaver that holds an amazing edge. Despite its size and heft, it’s easy to maneuver and never fails to leave my mug amazingly smooth as it did this morning in three slow, incredibly comfortable passes to the Traveling Wilbury’s “Handle with Care” playing in the background.

As the Wilbury’s launched into my favorite, “End of the Line” featuring the voices of George Harrison and Tom Petty, I picked up my LeCoq Cagehead safety razor and loaded it with my favorite DE blade, the Feather. These blades are sometimes described as harsh on the first shave, but I’ve never found that to be the case since I began palm-stropping each new Feather blade 20 strokes per side prior to loading a couple of years ago.

The French LeCoq is also about the same age as the Herder (1920s), and is a highly efficient shaver requiring good safety razor technique, not a razor for the newbie. I acquired my razor as NOS with the original tag on the handle. It weighs 51 grams and is approximately 8 cm long. It requires the maintenance of a fixed angle for the most efficient shave. Two ATG passes left my dome in the same amazingly smooth condition as my mug! Enjoy your Sunday my shave brothers and sisters!

RAZOR: F. Herder 49 15/16 (Mug), LeCoq Cagehead (Noggin)
    BLADE: Feather DE
    PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
    BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
    SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

IAmTheJody, brit, JACarbone and 4 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Wonderful adjustable shave, Maestro! Enjoy your gardening and your tomatoes. We belong to a Food Coop, so I pick up our share every Tuesday afternoon at 2 PM. How strong a scent is your I Coloniali?

Trigger, JACarbone and Primotenore like this.
  9. jgreenepa

Awesome shave, Bill, and I agree on the bowl! My constroption has made a believer in pasted stropping out of me! I see a reall difference in my shaves since I began regular use. I grew up in La Jolla, Ca. I’m taking the bride out there for close to a week 9/5 - 9/11. Our first plane flight since the pandemic began. I’ve already received my third booster, and I’ll be masked for the flight. My Stirling Travel bowl, the same one in your photo will be going along. I’ll also be taking my Tedalus and Feather Super blades along with my Rex Ambassador and two Feather DEs on the trip. Looking forward to it!

JACarbone, Edison Carter and Trigger like this.
  10. jgreenepa

Kingsley’s a great-looking little guy, Maestro! Gromit says hi!
    CF978BE9-9C49-430A-9FEF-3D8F6C652312.png

11. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! You should borrow the Shake Sharp I gifted Joe! It’ll make a believer out of you, guaranteed! :)

JACarbone and Trigger like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Listen, I don’t know if you’re a reader, Joe, but if you are, I’m finishing one of the best series of novels I’ve read since Tolkien! Let me know if you’d like the author and title. One of the great parts of the MOLC is adjusting to the leisure time we’ve earned! Start thinking about those things you enjoy, whether reading, honing, woodworking, whatever! We only go round once, buddy, so enjoy yourself! It does take time to adjust to the new lifestyle, but you’ll find soon that you’re just as busy as you were when you were working! PM me, I’ve been doing this and having a ball for 11 years! :)

13. jgreenepa

Awesome Sunday shave, photos, and recap as always, Barry! I had an epic shave myself this morning! Enjoy your day, my friend! :)

JACarbone, Trigger and palmolive fox like this.
  14. jgreenepa

Superb adjustable fragrant shave, Maestro! How could it not be with Aventus that clearly communicates your very serious fragrance commitment! Enjoy your Sunday!

15. jgreenepa

Great shave, Paul!

16. jgreenepa

Awesome Wosty shave, Joe! I had much the same experience with my Herder 15/16 this morning! Enjoy your day!

17. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe! I’ve never cut or nicked myself with my 1.5 Bakelite model. I haven’t done so with my other two either? Go figure! :)

18. jgreenepa

Welcome back, PierPaolo! Nice to see you posting again! Hope all is well with you and yours, and that you’re healthy and vaccinated! All the best, my friend! I’m planning a trip to Montecatini Terme to see family in a few months. I’ve received my third booster. Maybe we can meet up! :)

ischiapp, JACarbone and Edison Carter like this.
  19. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Jeff.....I have another Agadir A.S. waiting when this one is through.

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  20. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

:signs001:Jeff...Have a epic Sunday, my friend and a safe coming week. Take care. Yours - Barry. :cool:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.