What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

stuartganis and IAmTheJody like this.
  2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I needed a tool roll for some of my Bonsia tools. Made one with only a cloth napkin, a piece of ribbon and my sewing machine.
    Did it in 20 minutes with no instructions.

Here are some pics;
    564CE9E8-E7FC-44F2-B39B-EFC5743B20AD.jpeg 329D64F4-CDD5-4FA5-8004-42360F1BA756.jpeg 065D3ED1-D058-4B6B-AA4B-55002283372D.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Enrico, stuartganis, brit and 3 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

stuartganis and Sara-s like this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Niiiiiiiice!

Sara-s likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

A water drain pipe broke, for the A/C unit. Not good. I was able to clean up everything I could, except for the big hole in the cealing. I did repair and spice in, a new section of piping. Hopefully it will hold, until the Insurance Adjusters see it, and repair it.

BigMike, BamaT and richgem like this.
  6. DaltonGang

I took down a 50 ft Elm Tree, by myself. I had to start at about 20 feet, and work my way down, so It wouldnt destroy a wood fence, close by. The wife wasnt happy, when she saw me tied to the tree, and it shaking back and forth, when a large section went. I tossed the chainsaw, and held on for the ride. Lucky for me, the Husquivarna chainsaw wasnt hurt, and the fence wasnt scratched.

7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Had light bulbs out in a number of light fixtures around the house. Got all those replaced, including bulbs in a fixture that required getting on a ladder, and using all three of my hands to replace part of the fixture!

We work with a Labrador rescue group, and are currently fostering a lab mix. Seems like I spent all morning out with him, because he thinks we like it when he holds his business, LOL. Most of our fosters are heart worm positive, not neutered, and some have serious health issues that we work through to get them healthy enough for adoption. This one is heart worm positive and has skin issues, so we’re working through that.

Eeyore and PanChango like this.
  8. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Glad you weren't hurt.
    Whenever I use my chainsaw I first go to youtube and search for 'chainsaw accident' and spend an hour watching idiots mame or kill themselves in a surprising variety of ways. Then I do my very best not to imitate them.
    Be careful.

DaltonGang likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

Not a scratch. I will cut up, separate the good from the bad, and dispose of what I dont want.

BigMike likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Went to the gun range yesterday with my husband. (He is ex-military and an expert shot.) I am just learning and rather like using .22 target pistols. It's only the 3rd time I've used one and got every shot somewhere on the target paper.

Got my first slide bite- it doesn't hurt, but it was a mistake I didn't make again!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2021
    Enrico, BamaT, BigMike and 2 others like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Drove 3 hours round trip for a Seaburg cedar chest for my son. He wanted something that was furniture to put his blankets, sheets etc. that wasn't a plastic bin. He's expanding his pieces of furniture he owns.

00H0H_hX9UQwns03Tz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00q0q_kqx9O5BNtuuz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg 00D0D_4z64WTUh1Y4z_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Needs a little TLC on the lid, but all and all in very nice condition for being made in the 20's.

:)

Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Aztecmike, Eeyore, Erik Redd and 4 others like this.
  12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Enrico that is beautiful! I love old cedar chests. I have one as well. It had been my paternal grandmother's and is probably of similar age. Like this one, it needed a little work. All I did was sand it lightly (an old chest can have a layer of mold, so wear a mask when you sand) and then give it a couple of coats of linseed oil.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021
    Enrico, BamaT and IAmTheJody like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I restored a rusty cast-iron pan, for my mother, with just a dry plastic scouring pad, some oil & a stove. (I wish I'd taken pics.)

Eeyore, DaltonGang, Enrico and 4 others like this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice!

Enrico and stuartganis like this.
  15. DaltonGang

I worked today, and took off early, so I could mow mine and my neighbors yard(he is out of town). Now, I am sitting in the shade, in front of an industrial fan, smoking a cigar, and enjoying a Heineken beer, with my dog next to me.
    Hahhhh, top that.
    :eatdrink013:

Eeyore, Enrico, lottenhem and 2 others like this.
  16. lottenhem

lottenhem Well-Known Member

Enjoy! I have a rule, work first, enjoyment after. And if the enjoyment went to hard, don’t cry, it’s your own fault, just keep on working!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Eeyore and DaltonGang like this.
  17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I finally bought a Bluetooth communication set for in my helmet, so that I can hear navigation instructions. I don't want to be distracted by the screen anymore while riding.
    Being able to listen to music is a nice bonus :)

(This one was recommended to me by a colleague ... I just found out it even has a built-in FM radio with RDS auto frequency switch!)

Edit: first thing I disabled though, is the option to take phone calls while riding. That would be exchanging one distraction for an even bigger one.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2021
    Enrico, DaltonGang and Sara-s like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

@Eeyore that is very sensible.

Enrico likes this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

I decided to hand wash and wax my truck. I bought it last year and it has only been hand washed a few times (usually just spray it off). Had to used bleach white and scrub off all of the parts store, silicone based tire dressings and then waxed it. It looks great, but what a lot of work!!

Enrico likes this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:prrr: Tomorrow I need to be at the surgery center at 6:15am for my shoulder surgery; I'm not looking to being off so long from work, but I really can't put it off any longer it's only gotten worse.

:scared003::scared007:

BamaT likes this.