What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Old School

Old School *$&%@#~

Supporting Vendor
    Close up of the head from fleabay pics...looks amazing for almost 100 years old![​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

2. brit

brit in a box

cool score..:cool:

3. Tedolph

Tedolph Well-Known Member

That is really nice. I have a related question for all of you: why did open comb razors fall out of favor? My favorite single edge safety is the open comb Valet Auto Strop. I get really excellent shaves with that. My experience with both old and modern safetys having a solid safety bar are not as favorable, and my best shaves can come from a straight. It seems to me that the open comb at least delivers half of your face to the blade without having previously wiped away all the lather with a solid safety bar.
    So, why did it fall out of favor?

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    cliffb599 and brit like this.
  4. brit

brit in a box

probably easier/cheaper to manufacture during those times..a little more durable if dropped.

Aztecmike and Tedolph like this.
  5. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Hey Dave, the Rotbart showed up today and the top cap is in pretty decent condition. Not perfect, but by no means in bad shape. I'm very happy with it.
    20210907_163939.jpg

Angelo85, brit, Jorvaljr and 6 others like this.
  6. Dave in KY

Dave in KY On second thought, Buttercup

Awesome Mike. Nice score !!!
    If you decide to move it along, I'm your huckleberry :happy088:

7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Looks pretty good! compared to some Rotbarts I've seen it's in great condition. :happy088:

:)

Dave in KY likes this.
  8. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Dave. I really wanted this one because I could use different handles with it. You'll be the first to know if I part with it, plus I know you always have a bunch of sweet razors to possibly trade for too. ;)

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    brit, cliffb599 and Dave in KY like this.
  9. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Thanks Kieth! I'm extremely happy with this find. :happy093:

Enrico and Dave in KY like this.
  10. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

This:

[​IMG]

And four more razors. Some vintage Schick injector blades (made in USA). I am going to have to ban myself from here...

11. Jrdelgado

Jrdelgado Well-Known Member

Very nice!

12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Correction: I am waiting on the TARMAX SE from the pass around. Due for delivery Saturday. Will use it the next week and pass it along. I am on the list for the TARMAX Injector, too. That will come later.

tarmax se 02.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    brit, Jorvaljr, twhite and 2 others like this.
  13. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

We're on a roll with Tom's beautiful razor art! I'm waiting on the arrival of his original TARMAX Injector via the pass-around as well as a special TARMAX Injector with a rolling guard! The special rolling guard one is scheduled to be delivered to me tomorrow and can be seen below thanks to an awesome picture of it by Tom. The original one, I have not received any tracking information yet.

0592f9f2be626611c1504579c369febc.jpg

brit, Jorvaljr, Aztecmike and 3 others like this.
  14. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That rolling guard is cool. I have one on my Original TNNSER.
    [​IMG]

Ron R, brit, twhite and 1 other person like this.
  15. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Yes, I remember! Tom said you are supposed to send it to me for rehoming. ;) :rofl:

brit, twhite, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

My best picture of a razor to date.

Jayaruh, cliffb599 and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Bought this new "Viper" boar brush from Yaqi just recently, the handle is just marvelous in that sparkling glitter in the deep green with white clouded wisps. Feels good in the hand and now I'm going to do use my break in method to bring it to a nice level of enjoyment should be good in 2-3 days for the first shave. Cleaned it with shampoo 5 times and lost about 15 hairs which is normal for a boar? This one has a slight boar funk but we will see how it smells as the days go on.
    I just put it in the fridge for the first 20-24 hrs & tomorrow will take it out for a few more cleanings and will dry off with the towel and will do that approximately 3 times and should one great boar brush for many years.
    [​IMG]
    Have some great shaves!

18. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

That's a great looking brush!

19. brit

brit in a box

cool brush Ron..:cool:

Ron R likes this.
  20. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Here’s what I’m currently waiting on.
    Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica shave soap refill and aftershave 10% off on Maggard Razors
    PAA Droid Black CK1 soap
    PAA blade stash box
    Focus Tritok Concave razor Labor Day sale price of $50 on ItalianBarber
    Razorock Hive 24 Mokasoft HD synthetic brush introductory price of $15 ItalianBarber
    Brut Musk bought for $17 from a seller in India

And last but not least, a 1918 Gillette Ball End Old Type Khaki set made for the U.S. Army. Here’s a few pictures I got from the seller on eBay. For this one I paid $40 after shipping. 2609EE24-9CCB-462F-BCD7-2F5DA97D2FA3.jpeg CCD3EE60-DEBA-4223-BF4E-840798FEA3B8.jpeg 25460004-2A77-4B58-8A68-53C95B28A9CC.jpeg