SoD: 'A' is for Adjustable!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Aug 2, 2021.

1. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Saturday September 11, 2021
    Lather: Proraso White (31)
    Razor: Gillette 1959 E4 Settings:
    Face WTG:3-XTG:2-ATG:1
    Head WTG:5-XTG:4-XTG:4-ATG:3
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

IMG_7499.jpg

2. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

Awesome! Congrats on the sweet razor & to it's maker as well. I'm continually amazed by the creations of @twhite!
    :drool: :drool: :drool: :happy096:

IAmTheJody and twhite like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Thank you Paul! :eatdrink047:
    Thanks Mike! If there is ever an actual shaving museum established somewhere, I'm going to make sure they have some of Tom's art craft on display! He's a mad and amazing genius. King C. Gillette and Col. Jacob Schick and their army of inventors and patent filers couldn't carry Tom's water! :git:

twhite and Aztecmike like this.
  4. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Sunday September 12, 2021
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
    A Spectacular Sunday Shave!

IMG_7513.jpg

5. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I am humbled by that reply. A bit overboard maybe.
    If there ever is a museum for shaving. I would be honored to donate my creations. Maybe it would inspire someone else to just give it a try.
    I am just happy nobody has shaved their eye out with my razors.

Ron R, brit, jmudrick and 1 other person like this.
  6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

So Friday, I posted about my shave with Tom's roller guard Adjustable TARMAX IN injector razor variant...

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/sod-a-is-for-adjustable.65797/page-5#post-1995716

Yesterday, I received the solid bar guard variant of this adjustable injector razor, thanks to the current pass-around going on for it, and took it for a spin, using the same cream, brush and blade and adjustment setting #5 - to make a fair comparison between the two variants.

Just as with the roller guard variant, the solid bar guard variant is superb. The only difference I could find, and feel, is that between a guard rolling across the skin and a solid bar guard having a squeegee effect. Other than that, the same fantastic, ridiculously smooth shave! Literally wet dolphin smooth all over, head and face!!

IMG_20210914_104348~2_resize_40.jpg

IMG_20210914_104442~2_resize_29.jpg

IMG_20210914_104653~2_resize_34.jpg

IMG_20210914_104524~2_resize_77.jpg

IMG_20210914_104502~2_resize_45.jpg

IMG_20210914_104348~2_resize_40.jpg IMG_20210914_104442~2_resize_29.jpg IMG_20210914_104653~2_resize_34.jpg IMG_20210914_104524~2_resize_77.jpg IMG_20210914_104425~2_resize_99.jpg IMG_20210914_104412~2_resize_46.jpg IMG_20210914_104502~2_resize_45.jpg IMG_20210914_104701~2_resize_30.jpg

stuartganis, jimjo1031, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Got a great shave on 8 today.

sos210914.JPG

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Set on 8 with a new Treet CS blade.
    [​IMG]

9. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Wednesday September 15, 2021
    Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (1)
    A Wonderful Wednesday Shave!

IMG_7538.jpg

10. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, September 15th 2021, Won this razor on a fund raising raffle and it arrived yesterday. It is called a TARMAX adjustable DE and it fair to say American Ingenuity is alive and well in our shaving world.
    Tom White invents & designs products and is a seasoned machinist and likes designing razors in different concepts as a Hobby. This adjustable razor was used for my first shave and really did not expect a lot of difference to my other adjustable razors but I was wrong. The TARMAX first pass was smooth and quieter than other adjustables, had to inspect thinking it was not cutting whiskers, but was like shaving on a setting 3-4 on a Fatboy for shaving comparison. It was set on 5 of 8 different settings references on 1st pass so I cranked it to 8 of 8 and on 2nd pass & pickups(you can go pass 8 setting because of design). The results were very good for first time out and received a DFS,BBS. Sweet spot angle seems around 45 degrees. Because of the blade sits flat basically it gives a very different smooth shave. I enjoyed the shave and like variety so it is scores a high score IMO.
    TARMAX adjustable DE [​IMG]

Razor: TARMAX adjustable DE by @twhite (only 4 made)-Mfg 2021, the razor is made of Aluminum and holds a blade excellent, heats up quickly with hot water so no cold steel to face, interesting concept. Gives a smooth shave and is a keeper.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (testing standard)- Sharp & smooth, great longevity.
    Soap: Speick stick, nice spicy scent, excellent lather qualities. Tripled milled soap and well made.
    Brush: Yaqi Viper 24mm boar (new), Excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, nice scrubber, great lather painter, joy to use a nice boar brush IMO.
    Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel to clean skin, Lavanda aftershave +a dollop of CeraVe balm (scentless).
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG]excellent shave with my TARMAX adjustable DE with a Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

brit, IAmTheJody, awk-m4 and 2 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

DE SOTD, September 16th 2021

Razor: TARMAX DE adjustable by Tom White, Mfg 2021(4 only made) excellent adjustable, I really enjoy the audio feedback, with Aluminum it makes a sound of a blade cutting like no other metal razors I own(sizzling sound of sharpness how I can best describe it). I cranked it up wide open (8) and the TARMAX performed very well for a nice carefree shave. Nice razor is the bottom line, enjoyable to use.
    Blade: Gillette Astra SP (2) excellent blade, sharp & smooth with good longevity. I like this blade for testing all my DE shave gear as a standard comparison. It lets you know if a new blade is a little better or a little worse making it easy to gage IMO.
    Soap: Speick, excellent triple milled soap, nice spicy scent with excellent lather qualities IMO.
    Brush: Yaqi 24mm boar brush, excellent lather generator, nice soft split end hair tips, great scrubber + good lather painter.
    Pre shave: Brush(Cashmere syn) wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a clear dollop of Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
    Post shave: Witch hazel skin clean, Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe balm(scentless+ good stuff).
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my TARMAX DE adjustable razor with a Gillette Astra SP blade.
    [​IMG]

Have some great shaves!

IAmTheJody, brit, awk-m4 and 2 others like this.
  12. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Thursday September 16, 2021
    Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SharpEdge (2)

A Terrific Thursday Shave! A fresh pack of Gillette greens arrived in the mail and I’m wondering if Proraso green will make an appearance.

C8039B6A-2252-45A5-8B26-FCEEE283EBDD.jpeg

IAmTheJody, brit and jimjo1031 like this.
  13. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Saturday September 18, 2021
    Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless (2)

It just never gets old shaving with this incredible razor!

Paul D

jimjo1031 and brit like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Progress 4.5/Treet Falcon/MDC[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Sunday September 19, 2021
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)

Have a great Sunday!!

IMG_7581.jpg

16. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

SOD Monday September 20, 2021
    Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)

Excellent results wit these fine blades!
    IMG_7588.jpg

jimjo1031, brit and IAmTheJody like this.
  17. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Gillette Fatboy (G3) Razor
    Bic Chrome Platinum Blade
    Simpson BAC3/Two Band Badger (restored) Brush
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood Soap
    Dickinson's Witch Hazel w/Egyptian Musk
    Reef Point Dragon's Blood w/Menthol AS Balm

Untitled.jpg

brit, IAmTheJody and awk-m4 like this.
  18. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself