Schick II twin injector blades from Amazon Japan

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by BBS, Feb 20, 2021.

1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Enrico likes this.
  2. leonidas

leonidas New Member

...on the Amazon page, it lists the country of origin for the blades as the United States...

3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

It is probably a typo.

4. leonidas

leonidas New Member

..oh.....ok....then it makes sense....
    .......i just pointed it out because if they were indeed manufactured in the United States, it would be ironic that you would have to pay international shipping rates to get them delivered to the States..

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

They shouldn't be. There are only 2 major manufacturers of injector style blades that are used outside of the medical industry. Unless Edgewell which owns the Schick brand now is contracting out to Accutec, their branded blades are made in either China or Japan. Accutec on the other hand still makes blades in the US and are responsible for the Personna branded branded injectors and third party brands like Taconic shave. Accutec used to and may still also be responsible for the Supply branded injector blades but they've since changed the amount of blades and grind of the blade to a custom specification so whatever they are stocking is not identical to a Personna blade anymore.

6. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

A few months late but I did take the time recently to translate the Japanese text on the Japanese Schick single injector packaging and it says on the actual package that they are made in the United States. I didn't translate the 2-blade injector packaging but I assume...

Edit: here is both the single injector blade and the double injector blade packages translated... The text just above the barcode roughly translates Made in America. The single blade is the green packaging. Double blades is the blue packaging.
    Screenshot_20210617-214740single.jpg Screenshot_20210617-214949double.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    Ron R, Dave in KY, PLANofMAN and 4 others like this.
  7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I believe you are correct but the Twin II blades might be assembled in Japan possibly, Good old Personna blades. (Edgewell)
    Schick proline P30 blades are made in the USA
    http://tryablade.com/blade/schick-proline-p-30

IAmTheJody likes this.
  8. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

Can you get these shipped to the US?

Ron R likes this.
  9. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    Ron R likes this.