September 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2021.

?

Will SEptember be your month to feature your SE razors?

1. Absolutely! Best shaves ever.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I might break out an SE or two.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. SEptember to me means SElect and uSE SEveral SEt-ups

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. 100% of my shaves are accomplished by a single edge (one edge at a time)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I will only eat SEmprong, SEsame and SEven Layer cookies this month

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

around $50 bucks:D..seriously though, the explorer is more of a Creed Aventis clone.

mont blanc legend
    The brand Mont Blanc presents a new men's fragrance in April 2011. Legend is dedicated to inspiring, virtuous and self-confident men who are courageous, passionate and authentic. Their fragrance is subtle but striking and masculine.

Olivier Pescheux, the perfumer behind this fresh fougere creation, tried to make the fragrance filled with contrasts, combining notes that evoke strength and tenderness, tradition and modernity. The composition opens with fresh aromatic tones of bergamot, lavender, pineapple leaf and exotic verbena (Litsea Cubeba). The heart emphasizes oakmoss note (evernyl molecule) merged with geranium, coumarin, apple, rose, and Pomarosa molecule (notes of dried fruit). The base contains sandalwood, tonka and evernyl.

Heavy and slightly curved bottle of black and metallic colors is inspired by the famous Meisterstück pen design, made of glass and metal. The design is minimalistic and luxurious, perfect for the concept behind this fragrance. The black and white campaign features Simon Clark photographed by Peter Lindbergh.

Legend is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

mont blanc explorer
    Montlanc announces the new male pillar fragrance that comes out on the market in February 2019. Montblanc Explorer tells the story of adventures, quests for excellence, challenging conventions and exploring the four corners of the globe.

"From South Africa to Haiti, Italy, Germany or Indonesia; Montblanc EXPLORER invites explorers on a fantastic journey, giving them the opportunity to discover the rarest ingredients and manufacturing methods that combine craftsmanship with the latest technology."

The composition is made by three Givaudan perfumers: Jordi Fernandez, Antoine Maisondieu and Olivier Pescheux. Each of them gave his knowledge and emotional experiences about a particular ingredient. The fragrance is announced as a unique woody-aromatic-leather concoction that combines essences of bergamot from Italy, vetiver from Haiti and patchouli from Indonesia.

Top notes: OrPur® bergamot, French sage, pink pepper
    Heart: OrPur® vetiver, skin
    Base: patchouli, cocoa, Ambrofix ™, Akigalawood®

The bottle of elongated shape is wrapped with leather-like protective sheath printed with the Saffiano motif. The signature star that adorns all the Maison’s leather goods is made exclusively in Hamburg. The sleeve and emblem are assembled by hand at the Montblanc Pelleteria in Florence.

The advertising campaign was shot by John Balsom in South Africa, and the model is Rein Langeveld. Montblanc Explorer is available as a 30, 60 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

info courtesy of fragrantica.:eatdrink047:

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Very nice shaves, Barry! Like the setup, too! Later this afternoon, I will be doing a head and face shave
    I already have everything setup. Have a nice evening!

3. Trigger

Awesome shaves, Jeff! I am surprised you did not bring out a scented aftershave.

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  4. Trigger

Wonderful stuff and shave, Gary! Have an awesome day!

JACarbone, jgreenepa and brit like this.
  5. Trigger

Nice shave, Jeff! Kudos for geting your daughter into traditional wet shaving.

6. Trigger

I think it was a good choice for your daughter because the Henson's design automatically sets the 30 degree angle for the shaver.

7. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe,yourself as well.:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  8. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

Thank you Joe..Enjoy your day. :cool:

9. palmolive fox

:signs001: again Gary... Have a great.:cool:

10. palmolive fox

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  11. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Which do you prefer?

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  12. Trigger

Sept 18 SOTA

Good afternoon.

Head and Face Shave
    G E Jones ShakeSharp SE Razor
    2 Rockwell DE Blades (1 and 2)
    Omega Pro 49 Boar Brush
    Razorock Classic SS
    Old Spice AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's WH
    Whiskers: 24.5 hrs
    Dome: 2 days

20210917_221740.jpg

I am going out tonight at a Singles' Gathering so I needed to shave to look my best.
    I have to say that this ShakeSharp Razor gives the cleanest, easiest razor for headshaves, but I am not surprised that it gives a great faceshave as well. A first for me, I decided to lather my face and dome at the same time. Did my face first on the initial pass and then my dome with the grain. Second pass was against the grain for both. I did not need a third pass for the face, but I always do that third one for the dome and that was across the grain. All areas were baby butt smooth without any bloodshed or irritation. My skin looks fabulous! I have to say that the ShakeSharp razor always gives a professional shave.
    There was some alum feedback on the back of my head, nape and neck, but I had 2 fresh blades so I was not surprised. Did the witch hazel treatment and followed with the Old Spice aftershave. I will use the Old Spice Schulton Cologne before I head out the door.

13. jgreenepa

Trust me, Ultimo can hold it’s own and is quite long lasting. I like it, but unfortunately, it gives my current SWMBO a headache, so I may need to shower before she returns this evening.

brit and Trigger like this.
  14. jgreenepa

Great shave, Joe! Glad that Shake Sharp’s serving you well! Have fun with the ladies!

15. Trigger

Thanks Jeff! The ShakeSharp is really just a quality razor. It just amazes me that shavers have not sung its praises. Until you gifted me this razor, I never heard of it. I guess there are not that many available and/or circulation. It is very difficult to get less than a great shave with it.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
  16. brit

brit in a box

i prefer the legend at present,only due to having used 3 full bottles of it and having 2 left.:).the explorer is nice stuff but not the instant hit the legend was..;)

jtspartan, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Joe.have a great time..:cool:

18. Trigger

Thanks Gary, I will!

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Beautiful shave Barry.

20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave, both your daughter’s and your’s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.