September 2021 30 Day Rule/Focus & Discussion. All are welcome!

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Primotenore, Aug 31, 2021.

?

Will SEptember be your month to feature your SE razors?

1. Absolutely! Best shaves ever.

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. I might break out an SE or two.

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. SEptember to me means SElect and uSE SEveral SEt-ups

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  4. 100% of my shaves are accomplished by a single edge (one edge at a time)

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  5. I will only eat SEmprong, SEsame and SEven Layer cookies this month

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you Joe..:):eatdrink047:

JACarbone, jgreenepa and Trigger like this.
  2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Thanks, Joe! Really looking forward to shaving with it.

JACarbone, brit and Trigger like this.
  3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Joe. I am planning on using Cella more often. As you know, it is a great soap that lathers well with an awesome scent.

JACarbone, brit and jgreenepa like this.
  4. jgreenepa

Thanks, Joe, I will!

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Very good shave this morning with a Bay Rum soap(Jeeves)and a Bay Rum A.S.(Stephan). One cut at South Porcupine Alley, during the first pass, thus I had to finish the entire shave(2 passes)looking at the blood formed. The Stephan A.S., followed by the cold-water rinse, essentially killed off the redness. This Bay Rum was manageable in the warm weather, as opposed to when I tried it on a humid day-the aftershave felt like sweat then. Taught me to avoid it during the muggy, humid Summer. Fine job overall. First of three shaves with this combo(until next time, that is).

6. jgreenepa

I'm really glad your shave went well. My poor wife unfortunately didn’t qualify for the reverse procedure, and had to have the full shoulder replacement. She suffered a great deal for that first week and a half post surgery. I’m really glad to hear that you’re relatively pain-free! That’s great news!

7. Trigger

Awesome shave, Giuseppe! Your doctor will probably give any number of reasons why you are experiencing minimal discomfort such as the surgeon did a superior job, your excellent fitness level mitigates the pain, you are a rare breed, etc. However, I know the real reason. ;)

8. jgreenepa

Yeah, thanks, Joe! It’s really a walk on the wild side. A couple of friends are coming over for poker tonight. My 15 yr old grandson has promised to bartend and keep mum about the evening. Going to a local comedy club tomorrow night with these same guys.

9. Trigger

Bay Rum soaps and aftershaves are usually reserved for the cooler months. Btw, nice shave Paul.

10. Trigger

Enjoy your next 2 nights, my friend!

11. jgreenepa

I tried the original Hawk, and it shaved well for me, but I already had the Vector and the General, and was looking to downsize. So my Hawk went to Danny. (@Hembree)

Hembree, JACarbone, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  12. jgreenepa

Great shave, Paul!

13. Trigger

Sept 20 SOTN

Hi all.

Schick Injector E-3
    Schick Injector Blade (?)
    Mr EE LE #10 Cashmere Brush
    Angora Soaps Midnight Lavender SS and AS
    Maggard's Alum Block
    Dickinson's WH
    Whiskers: 24 Hrs

20210920_202118.jpg

Lately, I have been shaving late at night for some reason. I enjoy shaving at night because I can relax and take my time to enjoy it.
    I have to say that Angora's Soap Midnight Lavender has such a beautiful scent. It performs well so I can not complain about it. Did 2
    5 passes to get as close to a BBS shave without passing the cotton ball test. There was not any cuts, etc. The alum really let me know how close it was and let me say that it was not a warm and fuzzy reminder. Applied the witch hazel and finished with the matching aftershave. The aftershave gave me a burn to remind me how close my shave was this evening.
    Have a good night.

brit, 9nein9, jgreenepa and 4 others like this.
  14. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

SEptember 20th
    British EverReady
    APShave 2Bed/ MrEE Aluminum
    SV Cubebe
    Thayers
    BB83AA8D-0E31-464D-84F1-D6C95CEAE113.jpeg
    Used an Injector and Proraso Green at the lake yesterday and a great shave with this fave SV product today. I’ve enjoyed this ER for a few days, even though the blade is toast. Onto an Injector tomorrow.
    Have a great night all!

brit, 9nein9, Trigger and 4 others like this.
  15. palmolive fox

palmolive fox The British Birdman

21st September 2021.

11.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
    Cold wet flannel to my face.
    FatFace Ocean Escape Soap Bar.
    Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Face Lather.
    Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (Grated)
    Blade: Euromax Platinum Single Edge. ( D1)
    Razor: Yaqi SE Katana.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Brut Attraction Totale ASL./Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

The grated Palmolive shaving soap was the star of the shave this morning....It doesn't matter which way i use the humble Palmolive classic shave stick , it never fails to provide me with a super protective slick lather leaving a good post shave feel. Superb stuff!.

It's a great shame that this humble stick is no longer on sale in the UK...I have seen two sticks on eBay UK going for £17.95p +£2.95p Economy Delivery...Sheer exploitation.!!!

The Katana & Euromax Platinum duo continued to cut through my stubble with effortless ease.

A Enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko Men's Moisturiser.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

brit, 9nein9, Trigger and 3 others like this.
  16. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I love Bay Rum year round! :eatdrink047:

Droo78, brit, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

39878C0D-A408-4349-BFA8-0A7649671A10.jpeg

SRS # 564

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Wade & Butcher 13/16 “Bow”
    Brush: CRD Patriotic Swirl 26 mm Synthetic
    Lather: Ginger's Garden Obsession Type (1508.5 Project)
    Aftershave: Obsession A/S Balm
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Alum Block
    Thayer’s Witch Hazel - Original

Good morning gentlemen. I am waiting for my daughter to take me to my post surgery doctor’s appointment. Following the appointment , I will treat her to a nice breakfast.

I complete a three pass shave with the W & B. I had been practicing using my straights with one hand for the past several months in preparation for the post surgery shave routine.
    I have to say I am impressed at the closeness of the shave as I do not have the ability to stretch the skin. As Paul, @Paul Turner, would previously say, “Out of This World Excellent”.

Hope you all have a great day gentlemen.

wristwatchb, brit, Hembree and 4 others like this.
  18. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Excellent shave Barry

brit, Hembree, palmolive fox and 2 others like this.
  19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Very nice Bay Rum shave Paul

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  20. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Thank you Jeff. I could not have the regular shoulder replacement surgery due to the severe amount of damage to the socket in the shoulder girdle.

brit, Hembree, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.