TARMAX Injector Pass around

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Aug 13, 2021.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Jayaruh and twhite like this.
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Ron R, Dave in KY, jimjo1031 and 3 others like this.
  3. IAmTheJody

Jayaruh likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick
    Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger
    TARMAX SE by Tom
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

The TSD Iced Lime Shave Stick lathered well with Jayaruh #1 Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the TARMAX SE Razor (set on 5) by Tom with a Personna GEM SS PTFE Blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

The TARMAX SE is easy to shave with. Loading and unloading the blade is a little tricky because of the threads on the post, but once you get past the threads, it is no problemo. I am going to enjoy this razor through Saturday and then send it on. So, @hins2jw0 ;), you can PM me your address anytime between now and then.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
    Ron R, jimjo1031, Dave in KY and 3 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Here is the reveal video.

Ron R, SlimGem, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  6. IAmTheJody

The TARMAX IN has arrived safe and sound! Definitely looking forward to a round with it tomorrow, see how it stacks up next to its twin/brother/sister TARMAX IN RG (for those that haven't seen, I have the same razor by Tom but with a roller guard instead of a solid bar guard like the one in this pass around).

7. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Things started well, but I ended up with numerous face leaks. I think I will take tomorrow off.
    @hins2jw0 ;) send me your addy.

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    IAmTheJody, hins2jw0 and twhite like this.
  9. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Dave in KY, IAmTheJody and hins2jw0 like this.
  10. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to TARMAX SE!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Out for Delivery
    Out for Delivery, Expected Delivery by 3:45pm
    Sep 17, 2021 at 6:45 am

Update: delivered at 1:42 pm.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
    hins2jw0, Dave in KY, SlimGem and 2 others like this.
  12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

13. hins2jw0

TARMAX SE - Shave #1

On opening the package and initially inspecting the razor, I was taken back how awesome it looks. Fit and finish is excellent Tom. KUDOS!

Jim did you make the case for it?? It screams Jayaruh all the way . The razor was snug as a bug in there.

After cleaning the razor, I obtained a fresh GEM blade and stropped it on my jeans a few times and loaded the razor. No issues there - Everything fit together easily and tightly. I opened it up to “5” and lathered up.

I performed a 3 pass shave with touch-ups - 5, 4, 3. I admit I got a little carried away and probably started going too quickly late in the shave. I gave myself one or two superficial nicks that were not a big deal. But I definitely buffed a little too much and gave myself some slight irritation. I’m not holding it against the razor. I’ll make sure to be more careful and continue to go slow and steady all through shave #2.

There’s definitely a lot to like about this futuristic guy that uses some antiquated designed blades . I’m looking forward to shave #2.

Happy Healthy Shaves all.

Josh

[​IMG]

Ron R, Jayaruh, twhite and 4 others like this.
  14. IAmTheJody

I have enjoyed my week with the TARMAX IN injector! It's been fun comparing it with the roller guard variant Tom made for me. Now it's time to send it to the next steward, @BBS , and I've sent a PM for your address!

Such a fantastic razor. Thank you again Tom for giving us all an opportunity to experience your art craft!

Dave in KY, Ron R, twhite and 2 others like this.
  15. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I am breaking out in weepers in anticipation.

twhite, Dave in KY and IAmTheJody like this.
  16. hins2jw0

TARMAX SE Shave #2

A smoother shave tonight thanks to slower and more steady hands. I performed a 3 pass shave (5, 4, 6) with some mild touch up / buffing along the jaw line. Yes I went up to 6 for the final pass. It went well . No real irritation to speak of which is a win in my book.

The only “issue” is that I had a difficult time under the nose. Considering the irritation from my first shave, I didn’t want to tempt fate, so I pulled out my Parker Adjustable Injector and easily mowed down the stragglers. Totally looking forward to shave #3.

[​IMG]

Happy Healthy Shaves all!

Josh

Ron R, Jayaruh, twhite and 3 others like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    IAmTheJody, Jayaruh and Dave in KY like this.
  18. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Tarmax injector arrived today. First go rounf will be with a Personna blade. If it doesn't perform to expectations then a Schick blade will be next up.

19. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get to my first shave with it.

Dave in KY and SlimGem like this.
  20. hins2jw0

TARMAX SE Shave #3

A pleasant fairly efficient 3 pass (6, 5, 4) shave tonight with touch up. I was careful as even at 6 there is some blade feel. Overall a pretty relaxing and comfortable shave was had without too much fuss. I’ll try to keep it to 1-1.5 days on the next one and see how it goes.

The TARMAX SE is a pretty cool razor for sure. I wish I had the technological prowess and imagination that Tom has.

Happy Healthy Shaves all.

[​IMG]

Josh

Jayaruh, Ron R, twhite and 3 others like this.