Injector and SE Shaves

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by IAmTheJody, Jun 16, 2021.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Thank you. In case you are not familiar this is actually a Frankenstein between 2 razors. I make an adapter screw that makes it possible. That's why it is the only one I've ever seen.

clint64 and Aztecmike like this.
  2. Joe Rouse

Joe Rouse Well-Known Member

9/22/2021

[​IMG]

Proraso red preshave

Proraso red soap, infused with Proraso red cream

dscosmetic 26 Carrot resin handle two band badger hair and synthetic hair mixed knots shaving brush

PAL InjectoMatic with “Chick” blade

PAA alum block with no-slip grip.

Nivea sensitive balm

I think I’m on my 9th or 10th shave with the InjectoMatic and this blade. It’s been a pretty good ride for the most part. A couple of previous shaves were rough as I was making some tweaks to my WTG and XTG passes on my neck but I went back today to what I have been doing and it felt good. This razor is fun to use and I think it’s going to be my daily driver.

GAW9576, Droo78, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  3. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

Today was the first truly successful SE shave I've had. I am new so it's not as though I've been toiling for years but it has been many, many shaves in the making.

111.jpg

Pre-shave: Warm water and soap face wash
    Soap: Cella
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Razor: Parker Adjustable Injector V2 (3/3/1)
    Blade: Parker (3)
    Post-shave: Omega alum stick and Nivea sensitive aftershave balm

I really took my time today, using just enough pressure to make contact between the razor head and my skin through the copious amounts of thick Cella lather. Seriously, that stuff is incredible. I had a lovely three-pass shave that resulted in a DFS+ result and, more importantly, it was truly enjoyable.

All my previous shaves with both this and my Schick M1 adjustable have involved a lot of irritation, nicks, and otherwise unpleasant shaves. I think the hardest part of using an injector compared to a DE is the utter lack of blade feel. You have to really trust that the light touch at the right angle is doing the work.

In any case, I really enjoyed this shave and am really glad I stuck it out with SEs. ️

GAW9576, KenBB, Droo78 and 8 others like this.
  4. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

Awesome!

GAW9576 and clint64 like this.
  5. Electrif

Electrif Well-Known Member

Thursday 23rd SEptember
    Yaqi Sagrada Familia - Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime - Triceratops 3D Resin - Gem Stainless Coated #3 - Cien Aqua A/S - Aloe Vera Gel
    [​IMG]

Aztecmike, GAW9576, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 23, 2021
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem PTFE
    Rubberset 400 #3 with WSP HMW
    The Dead Sea
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 23rd September

Stirling Syn. 26mm
    MWF
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro [ 1 ]
    Tuff Red A/S Lotion

My first Shave with The Evo using a Feather Pro which is not my favourite, but it appears to be one that fits the Razor, while the Schick and Kai blades do not.
    The Shave was a pleasant surprise, as despite it being a new blade the Shave itself was smooth and comfortable, with a nice degree of blade feel. For a first Shave the quality and all round closeness of finish was very good.
    I am now going to continue using it to determine how good it is as a Daily Shaver. Judging by this first Shave it looks as though it will be good

IMG_1682.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso White Shaving Cream
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The Proraso White Shaving Cream lathered well with SlimGem Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Mark Cross/Proline (mild setting), Enders Speed/Proline (medium setting). Start with the MC, clean up second pass with the Enders. MDC. Good as it gets.[​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

10. KenBB

KenBB Member

Brilliant

11. KenBB

KenBB Member

Those enders razors how is the blade held in? Never heard of them googled some pics & Without a blade looks like half the razor is missing & so that's where the 3D print plastic Tnnser got the idea for its handle.

12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Do a search here you'll find. Stock blade with edge removed holds injector blade in place.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

GAW9576, clint64 and KenBB like this.
  13. KenBB

KenBB Member

Many Thanks much appreciated.

GAW9576, clint64 and jmudrick like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 24th September

Cyril Salter/ MS. ED2BAND
    Cyril Salter Solid Soap
    Claymore Evolution
    Feather Pro ( 2 )
    Jaguar Prestige A/S Lotion

My second Shave with the EVO and my reservations about its limited blade fit have been dispelled.I had not used the Feather blade in a while preferring a Schick, but in this Razor it really works for me. The Shave was amazingly smooth and comfortable with a nice degree of blade feel. Really good working around the chin and upper lip,and excellent around the neck where the handle shape works well. A very good close all round finish easily attained without any fear of mishap.

IMG_1683.jpg

Aztecmike, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

September 24, 2021
    Ever-Ready 1912
    Gem PTFE
    Semogue
    Mitchell’s Wool Fat
    Grand Pay Rum Aftershave

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, GAW9576, Electrif and 8 others like this.
  16. KenBB

KenBB Member

Nice packaging on that Wool fat shaving soap.

17. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Nice Clint!

GAW9576, clint64 and KenBB like this.
  18. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sos210924.JPG
    Friday's Shave
    zcws.jpg

Cold Water Rinse
    Proraso White Shaving Cream
    SlimGem Silvertip Badger
    GEM Damaskeene
    Personna GEM SS PTFE
    CWR
    Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC

The Proraso White Shaving Cream lathered well with SlimGem Silvertip Badger Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the GEM Damaskeene with a Personna GEM SS PTFE gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Citrus Musk EDC. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Aztecmike, GAW9576, clint64 and 6 others like this.
  19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Friday’s Shower Shave of The Day

Schick Type I1
    Personna blade
    Semogue 820 boar
    Soap Commander Endurance Soap
    Soap Commander Endurance Aftershave

[​IMG]

20. KenBB

KenBB Member

Nice Schick, how is the shave on this i type also have you any other injector razors?

GAW9576, clint64 and Droo78 like this.