How often do you shave?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by jay_gatz, Sep 5, 2021.

1. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I generally shave Saturday night or Sunday morning for church then Tuesday and Thursday or Friday; mainly go for hair reduction during the week.

:shaver

Tedolph, jtspartan, brit and 2 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I am 50 in November. Blades will most likely be available during my estate sale when I croak.

I suppose this is why my broth can is only 2/3 full of blades after 8 or so years.

3. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Probably till the year 2525. :happy102:

:signs081:

brit and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  4. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I was shaving about every other day until a few months ago.

Decided to shave about every day and a half now.

The reason why is that I like having a clean shaven face and it looks like I could use a shave by that time as well.

Second is that I have a den full of soaps and aftershaves to use up. At the pace I'm going, I'm probably set for the next 5 years at least with aftershaves and even longer with soaps.

May as well start using up more of these products at a faster pace. So I can try some of the products I haven't got to yet.

jtspartan, brit, Enrico and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Mostly shave every day, don't care for the sandpaper feel. My old job demanded from me to be shaved because we might have to dawn on SCBA in maintenance department so I keep right on shaving when I retired. I enjoy shaving now but not so much with the cartridge razors because it was a boring routine but the cartridge razors seemed all right at the time. I did use a cheap bore brush and did not know how to maintain it properly and it lasted a long time even with abuse. I bought another boar to replace it but did not care for it and went back to hand lathering with the Gel.
    If Someone likes using Cartridge razors at least use a nice synthetic or natural hair bristle brush with those nice soaps that are available now a days IMO.
    So easy to make some great scented lathers with the modern soaps

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  6. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I shave my face Monday through Thursday and then again on Saturday. Always 2 passes. I shave my head on Sundays and Wednesdays - generally 2 passes with a Trac II but if I go longer between shaves, I'll pull out an open comb DE and take care of it.

7. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Twice per week with my MMOC - Sunday evening and Wednesday evening. Sometimes I'll have another if something comes up. I find that there really isn't much to shave off the following day with the MMOC.

8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I’m a daily four pass shaver. If I skip a day may face feels rough and a little itchy.

brit, jtspartan and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I am a daily 3 pass shaver M-F for work and usually one day on the weekend. 3 passes because I like to be completely smooth...sometimes the weekend shave will be 2 passes.

brit and Enrico like this.
  10. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I usually shave 2-3 times weekly but going to my parents tomorrow, so will probably shave for my mom :love055:

:eatdrink047:

brit and Tedolph like this.
  11. Lancre

Lancre Well-Known Member

It's rare for me to skip a day. Usually 2-3.5 passes per day. The 0.5 denotes clean-up buffing. I don't like feeling significant stubble.

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  12. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

At this point, as often as I can. I have too may fun things to try out and not enough face and stubble to do it. I'm normally an every other day shaver but if I didn't get a solid DFS+/BBS on my last shave I can usually cut it down to 36 hours.

13. jay_gatz

jay_gatz Well-Known Member

I can see how my post sounded like that. I meant daily with each of those razors while they were considered the "apex" of shaving technology.

BigMike likes this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Nearly every day. Lately it has been one pass with a few touch-ups on my chin, jawline, and around my mouth.

If I pay attention and do a good job stretching my skin, the shaves are quite close.

Enrico likes this.
  15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hi all!!
    Well I shave every day.
    Normally around 530 or 6 am.
    By 3 or 4 pm I'm pretty scratchy.
    Now I used to try to get a really close shave every time.
    Tried a one pass shave for a while.
    It was almost the same as two or three passes.
    I would love to be able to shave every other day and be half way smooth.
    But alas it's not to be.
    13 hours later.....
    I really need a shave, can't hug the grandkids without giving them a razor burn.
    But I really don't want to shave twice a day anymore.
    So if you only have to shave every other day.
    You lucky bum you!!

tp

Daywalker and Enrico like this.