What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why??

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by DaltonGang, Apr 15, 2016.

1. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I found them for $5 and no, not worth it for me since I’ll never use that many. Like I said, it’s ok because I’ll just gift them or something. They just are not very sharp IMO.

DaltonGang likes this.
  2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Thanks. This is why I rarely buy 100 blades, unless I have thoroughly tested them. Once or twice I made the same mistake as you. I gifted many, and most get used by the women of my house. Their legs arent as picky as my face is.

Enrico, brit and SRQShaver like this.
  3. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I recently bought 150 Feather Artis Club Proguards. Bought them on eBay from Japan. Took a while, but I don’t know any US suppliers who sell bulk packages of them.

MacDaDad, awk-m4, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  4. A CUT ABOVE

A CUT ABOVE New Member

Personna Blue

DaltonGang likes this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

ZaZas because I had to .........

:)

DaltonGang likes this.
  6. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I just got some Voskhods. The box I'm finishing lasted a good long time of consistent shaves.

awk-m4, DaltonGang, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  7. SRQShaver

SRQShaver Well-Known Member

I bought 100 Gillette Platinum just to have a “go to” blade around. I also picked up 100 GEM PTFE blades which should last a good while.

It’s not a 100 blade purchase but I keep buying King C. Gillette blades like 10 or 20 at a time. I think I’m somewhere around 60 at this point. I would buy many hundreds if they sold them that way. I genuinely like them that much.

8. brit

brit in a box

i tend to get a pack of k-c-g when i go to the local drug store..which can be quite often..great blades,and yes i would buy a 100 pack..;):eatdrink047:

awk-m4, DaltonGang and SRQShaver like this.
  9. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I just looked up the prices of 100 count DE blades, on Amazon. Many popular, well made brands, under $9. If I wasn't already stocked to the gills with blades, I would buy a few.

brit and PanChango like this.
  10. Judoguy

Judoguy Member

Those are the worst blades I have ever used....the platinum are worse than the stainless!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

MacDaDad likes this.
  11. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Last purchase was Astra Superior Platinum. I only bought them because I made another purchase and needed to spend a few more dollars to qualify for free shipping. :)
    They’re very good blades and a really bargain for less than $20.00 cad

12. oldtech

oldtech Member

Gillette Minora they are very close to Rubie (my favorite blade).

awk-m4 likes this.
  13. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

I think I have a sample tuck of Minora blades. If I do turn I’ll add them to the list to try.

oldtech and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

:D ..blades are in the eye of the beholder..;)

MacDaDad and awk-m4 like this.
  15. awk-m4

awk-m4 Well-Known Member

Yes they are. I’ve yet to meet one that I don’t like. :)

MacDaDad and brit like this.
  16. brit

brit in a box

:D:eatdrink047:

MacDaDad likes this.
  17. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

And blades are their worth or not in the particular razor you are using. Those Brit Techs and Brit News like Gillette Platinums in the "Blue Box". I like Feather's and "Med Prep 74-0002 Persona". Nacets are good as well.

Ksblazer and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

the new minora blades did well for first shave,but haven't gone further.:eatdrink047:..

MacDaDad likes this.
  19. MacDaDad

MacDaDad Well-Known Member

LOL, shave more often. :D

20. brit

brit in a box

yes sir.i have had great results with all my modern gillette blades so far.still haven't tried a blue or superblue version.but..spoilers are good..:)

MacDaDad likes this.